Going it alone with Extra Easy

Tuesday! I should be able to avoid pancake temptation today - bf will have them in work so I won't bother cooking any up for just me. Phew! I do love them with nutella and sliced banana though, mmmm :eat:. I also have to do a tonne of paperwork today for a meeting later in the week - including a walk to the library to photocopy some stuff - so that should keep me busy and away from the biscuit tin!

Tuesday's plan

Breakfast: 1 weetabix (half heb ) with almond milk (hea) and sliced banana. An apple.

Lunch: Homemade carrot soup with ham sambo on 1 slice of wholemeal bread (half heb ) and light mayo (1).

Dinner: Glazed ham (1) with carrots, sugar snap peas and potatoes. Gravy (2). Mayo (1)

Snacks: Apple. Alpen Light (3). 3 chocolates (7.5)

Syns: 15.5

Even with the weekend off plan AND star week arriving tomorrow I'm still 11.8 on the scales (and actually down a teenchy few grams since Saturday). Let's hope it keeps going in that direction!

Last edited:
Wednesday

Not sure how today will go. We had been talking about going out for dinner tonight but bf has a funeral to attend so will be gone for part of the evening so it may be dinner at home, we shall see.

My main issue right now is that there is a massive, OPEN box of Milk Tray chocolates in my fridge! I had 3 last night with my syns and they're so good. Things like this don't tempt me at all when they haven't been opened - there's been a foot-long Milka bar and a box of Roses in my cupboards since summer and i haven't been tempted at all - but as soon as the box is open it's game over!

Ill try to save my syns till I find out what we're doing tonight...

Today's plan...

Breakfast: Boiled egg with a slice of wholemeal toast (part heb ). Apple. Tea.

Lunch: Homemade carrot soup with a ham sandwich (part heb ) and light mayo (1).

Dinner: LMcC sausages, peas, SW potatoes, gravy

Syns: used up my syns between dinner and a few chocolates, then went a little bit over with a pancake! It had sliced banana and peanut butter Ben & Jerrys, mmmm

Last edited:
Back again after a few days off. We did an Ikea trip so obviously had to have meatballs! :D Lunch out, dinner and drinks, coffee and doughnuts on the drive home....it's been a very off-plan weekend!

Monday's plan...

Breakfast: 1 slice of wholemeal toast (half heb ) with laughing cow light (1.5) and an apple.

Lunch: Soup with a slice of wholemeal bread (other half heb ) plus (3) for extra bread, ham and light mayo (1)

Snack before night class: LindaMcC sausages (4) with beans. Alpen light (3)

Late dinner: I've taken what I think was bolognese sauce out of the freezer so that with pasta is the plan.

Snacks: 1 chocolate (2)

Syns so far: 14.5

Last edited:
I wasn't around last Friday to record my weigh so I'm gonna be cheeky and record a Wednesday weigh-in instead, and that is because I was 11st 7lbs on the scales this morning! I'm absolutely over the moon with that - I haven't seen 11.7 in almost 2 years and it puts me over the half-way point to my goal.

Wednesday's plan...

Breakfast: Boiled egg, 1 slice of wholemeal toast (part heb ) and an apple. Tea with unsweetened almond milk (part hea).

Lunch: Homemade carrot soup with slice of wholemeal bread (other part heb ) with ham and light mayo (1). An apple.

Dinner: Roast chicken, sugar snap peas, carrots, couscous and gravy (2).

Snacks: Bite of M&S cookie (4?), roast chicken with dollop of mayo (1), 2 Alpen Light bars (6)

Syns: 14

Last edited:
Dinner pic - very healthy but very boring! I'll have to have something really nice tomorrow to keep it interesting!

Attachments

• 1424903450665.jpg
    1424903450665.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 27
Thursday...

Tried on some clothes this morning. A pair of shorts I bought a few weeks ago that I was hoping to fit into by summer are already fitting perfectly! And of the two pairs of jeans I'm struggling to fit into, one pair is a tight fit but good enough to be able to wear out of the house and the second pair has gone from cutting off my circulation to just a little bit of a muffin top. I think another few pounds off should have pair two good enough to wear day to day again! Just as well because the too-big jeans I have been wearing are now turning into clown pants on me!

Today's food plan

Breakfast: Muller Greek style (.5) and an apple. Tea with almond milk (part hea).

Lunch: Mushrooms and sugar free beans on a slice of BeGood bread (3). Apple.

Dinner: Enchiladas using a bFree wrap (heb ) filled with chicken, onions, mushrooms and peppers. Served with rice, refried beans and salsa (1). Coleslaw (2)

Snacks: 2 Alpen Light bars ( 6 ), teaspoon of ice cream (1?)

Syns: 13.5

Last edited:
Friday!

I quickly hopped on the scales as Friday is my traditional weigh-in day and I'm still 11st 7lb so that's a relief :) (Well if we want to get technical I'm actually 300g lower than I was on Wednesday because I checked the kg weight!):scale:

Today's food plan...

Breakfast: Boiled egg and a slice of wholemeal toast (part heb ) with an apple. Tea with almond milk (part hea).

Lunch: Sandwich with slice of wholemeal bread (half heb ) with ham and a scrape of coleslaw (2). Pink snack bar (3)

Dinner: BBQ brisket (2.5) with SW roasties, sugar snaps and carrots. Coleslaw (2)

Snacks: pink snack (3)

Syns: 12.5 so far...

Last edited:
Enchiladas sound amazing!!! Defo putting bfree wraps on my shopping list now!!!

I'm sure I've mentioned here before that I'm a bit of a serial weigher - not every day, but three days a week. I weigh on Wednesday to see how I'm looking for Friday, weigh on Friday for my official weigh-in day, and weigh on Saturday to see if I could have lost a little bit more before cheat night! Anyway, I was 11st 7lb yesterday for my official weigh in but this morning... I was.... *whispering it, I don't want to scare it away!* ... 11st 5lb :eek:

I can't count it til I see it on a Friday but it's a nice boost to see it going in the right direction!

Cheat meal tonight but it may be a fairly tame evening as bf is working late-ish. I have a bottle of 16-syn lambrusco in to drink (may pick up another one!) and there is an M&S pulled lamb shoulder in the fridge that we could have for dinner.

Food so far...

Breakfast: 1 slice wholemeal toast (part heb ), sugar-free beans, egg and mushrooms. Tea with almond milk (part hea).

Back on it for Monday morning. Ended up going out for dinner last night as I had a voucher that was about to expire. Fairly meh Mexican food, plus too many drinks. Feeling a bit delicate this morning and only had about 4 hours sleep as well. I'll try to have a light day's eating today and hopefully feel less bloaty tomorrow.

I'll be on plan for the next four days, then Friday will be a write-off as I have family lunch out and dinner & night out with bf. If I can maintain at 11st 7lbs this week I'll be happy with that, considering the weekend off plan. Slow and steady wins the race, and all that :)

Monday's food plan...

Breakfast: Weetabix (part heb ) with almond milk (part hea). An apple.

Lunch: Sandwich with ham, lettuce, part hea of cheese, light mayo. (4 for mayo and extra bread)

Pre-night-class snack: I made up a pasta bake with the bolognaise, had half before class with the intention of having the other half after class. I'm so full now tho that I can't imagine being close to hungry enough to have it later! Will see...

Dinner: Bolognaise with mushrooms, onions, passata, lean mince. With pasta.

Snacks: Pink snack bar (3)

Syns: 7

OK, quick update as my bed is calling me. Didn't want pasta bake when I came home, as predicted, so I had a sandwich for (7), then a few biscuits and an Options. That puts me at about 23 syns for the day but I'm not too bothered by that, I walked almost 5km going to and from my night class so that had to count for a few calories along the way! Tomorrow's another day!

Last edited:
Just a Tuesday morning thought - it's 12 weeks to my birthday and 14lbs to my target! Eek! There are lots of little events and holidays planned between now and then but this is good motivation to keep the off-plan eating and drinking to just the off-plan days and not the entire week either side of them!

A few years ago I was dieting "really hard" for a holiday (!) and I took the entire month of May off because we had a weekend away at the start and my birthday at the end. No wonder I didn't get within an ass's roar of my goal that year! :8855:

Tuesday!

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs on 1 slice of wholemeal toast (part heb ). An apple. Tea with almond milk (part hea).

Lunch: Half tub of Blue Haven vegetable soup (2.5). Can't find syns for this online so I'll just go with the 1 syn = 20 calories rule to be safe. Plus a sandwich with 1 slice of wholemeal bread ( part heb ), ham and light mayo (1).

Dinner: Chicken with onions, mushrooms, peppers, carrots and sugar snaps, soy sauce and rice

Snacks: 2 pink snack bar (6), sliver of bf's cake (1), Alpen Light bar (3)

Syns so far: 13.5

Last edited:
Hello SummerDiary!

You're so right about that kind of pre sw approach to dieting...it's so easy to get on that slippery slope! Thinknim definitely learning how to rein things back in...much better to move on than use it as a reason not to keep up the hard work! X

Wednesday's food...

HEA: Almond milk
HEB: 2 slices wholemeal bread

Breakfast: Boiled egg and a slice of wm toast. Apple. Tea.

Lunch: Same as yesterday, half soup and half sambo. (3.5)

Dinner: Thai green curry with chicken, mushrooms, peppers, onions, carrots. Served with rice. (1.5) for curry paste.

Snacks: 2 Pink snack bar (6), Greek muller (.5)

Syns: 11.5

Last edited:
Back