Going it alone

Hello everyone, I've decided to try sw again, but this time on my own.

I use to go the class towards the end of last year. However, I didn't feel comfortable going on my own. So, I bought the red and the green recipe books and I'm still buying the magazine for inspiration.

How many syns are you allowed each day? I was eating Free Food the last time and the most I lost was 2.5lb in a week.

Am I better off including the syns or just eating free food?

I'm going to start going to the gym hopefully 3 times a week and swimming once a week.

If you have bought the mag have a alook at the weekly planner which is extra easy and will give you more choice. Always have syns as they help you loose. We all have a different opinion as to having daily /weekly syns but whichever you choose make sure it comes to at least 5 a day and no more than 15.I do sw on line as I cant get to class. Everyone is greatb here and will help out. GOOD LUCK XX

Hello and welcome - you are not alone in 'going it alone' - there is a lot of help and support online!

I totally with what Louisedan advised - definetly have your syns and as much free food as you feel you need to avoid the dreaded hunger pangs.

The mags are great for ideas and inspiration too - I'm still reading through multiple 'old' copies which are keeping me going.

Good luck with your journey - you can do it! :) xx

You should have the sins. They're part of the plan and essential to learning how to eat a healthy balanced diet, which includes treats - How many of us fall off the wagon when we take an eye off our sins?! Also, if you hit a plataeu and need to restrict yourself a little more, if you're not having sins you've not really got much to cut back on.

Thanks for that. I'm going to dig my old mags out and having some syns. Like you say at least I can cut back if I start going the wrong way.

I believe its up to 20 a day but I try and stick to 10 to 15 then save them for the weekend!! I mainly do free days then save the rest for the weekend as in having a drink. Some however say to take your syns daily as it stop any binges or stops you from craving! I too am going it alone and find this site good support!!

Back