Going it alone

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Geordie Annie, 14 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Geordie Annie

Geordie Annie Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello everyone, I've decided to try sw again, but this time on my own.

I use to go the class towards the end of last year. However, I didn't feel comfortable going on my own. So, I bought the red and the green recipe books and I'm still buying the magazine for inspiration.

How many syns are you allowed each day? I was eating Free Food the last time and the most I lost was 2.5lb in a week.

Am I better off including the syns or just eating free food?

I'm going to start going to the gym hopefully 3 times a week and swimming once a week.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    If you have bought the mag have a alook at the weekly planner which is extra easy and will give you more choice. Always have syns as they help you loose. We all have a different opinion as to having daily /weekly syns but whichever you choose make sure it comes to at least 5 a day and no more than 15.I do sw on line as I cant get to class. Everyone is greatb here and will help out. GOOD LUCK XX

4. *Cupcake*

*Cupcake* is working hard.....

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(25.98%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hello and welcome - you are not alone in 'going it alone' - there is a lot of help and support online!

I totally with what Louisedan advised - definetly have your syns and as much free food as you feel you need to avoid the dreaded hunger pangs.

The mags are great for ideas and inspiration too - I'm still reading through multiple 'old' copies which are keeping me going.

Good luck with your journey - you can do it! :) xx

5. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    You should have the sins. They're part of the plan and essential to learning how to eat a healthy balanced diet, which includes treats - How many of us fall off the wagon when we take an eye off our sins?! Also, if you hit a plataeu and need to restrict yourself a little more, if you're not having sins you've not really got much to cut back on.

6. Geordie Annie

Geordie Annie Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for that. I'm going to dig my old mags out and having some syns. Like you say at least I can cut back if I start going the wrong way.

7. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Our leader says 70 syns for the week. Good luck

Irene xx

8. bunnie

bunnie Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    we do 105 syns for a week, good luck and keep on posting here:D

9. Determined Bunny

Determined Bunny A Very Determined Bunny!!

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!!!!
    I believe its up to 20 a day but I try and stick to 10 to 15 then save them for the weekend!! I mainly do free days then save the rest for the weekend as in having a drink. Some however say to take your syns daily as it stop any binges or stops you from craving! I too am going it alone and find this site good support!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.