Going it alone

AndieG

I've been going to classes since March & up to the beginning of August I was 2 1/2lbs away from my 2 stone award. I put on 4lb whilst on holiday & another 1 1/2lbs last week (not sure where that came from).

Anyway I've still got about 28lb to lose to get to where I want to be, I was told before the summer holidays (I work in a school) that my contract would only be extended to Xmas so I'm looking for another job, there aren't many out there so money is really tight.

So I was thinking about going it alone, I'd been buying countdowns and my last one is tomorrow night which is already paid for, I need to put in a holiday for next week as going out for hubbies birthday then I was going to go the week after & speak to my consultant as she's on holiday until next week, explain about the money situation & then go it alone from there. I'm not sure I've got the motivation to do it alone but I can't really afford to keep pulling out £5 a week when that could be going on Xmas.

What I'm looking for I guess is words of encouragement/motivation from those that are doing it alone on here. I'd still buy the magazines & was thinking about getting the big Food Directory as I won't have access to the website anymore.

Any words of wisdom ladies & gents??

(P.S haven't been around with being on hols & feeling mad at myself for putting on the 5 1/2lbs I have even though I know where 4 of it came from with being on hol!!)

Thanks in advance for any advice x

Well done on your weight loss so far.

Honestly? If you are slipping like you are before you stop class, its going to be very hard without class for you. Is there anything else that could go in your family budget? £4.95 a week just for you?

I guess I can see your point, might talk to hubbie (even though he's told me not to stop) & suggest I get another 6 week countdown then see how I am after that?? See if I can get back into it within that timescale then make the decision after that.

Guess I've got 2 weeks to really decide with tomorrow night being paid for & putting a holiday in for next week.

Thanks for your reply x

I agree. Studies have shown that those who go and stay at group have a much better overall loss pattern than those who WI and go, and those who do it at home. You are only 28lb from goal - by the time Christmas comes, you could even BE at target if you stay on plan, but I think you probably need the focus of group to help achieve that.

Why not suggest to your hubby that you go to group and that the money that you spend would be your Xmas gift from him? After all, a happy and healthy you is a great gift to give yourself, and he will see the benefits too because you will be much happier in yourself.

Back