Going on Holiday!

Losing it for good

This time next week I will be on a plane to Tenerife. :D

I will come off SS and enjoy some food and drink on my holiday but does anyone have any suggestions as to what foods and drinks are better than others.

My CDC says clear spirits with diet soda and low carb foods but can anyone tell me from their experience what they ate while they was away??:confused:

I don't mind staying the same but would be really disappointed if I put on too much in the week.:break_diet:

Any advice:confused:

Its a while off my hols so dont know how far ill be off my goal, but if im not there i intend to take packs & just eat one meal a day, i dont drink a lot so that should be fine.I would take advice from your cdc.

My CDC didnt give me any advice for my holidays,just 'see you in 3 weeks & have a good time'. Can't wait, Las Vegas,L.A.,Carmel,Yosemite & San Francisco.

Im going to Portugal in just over a month, im intending on eating... havent decided yet if ill take some shakes and just eat once a day yet.. i know I wont be over doing it though with pizzas and pasta though and will still try and eat healthily.

I dont mind if I put on a couple of pounds, I just need to plan things out so I dont put anymore than that on! Also Im planning on walking along the beach for 4 miles a day to try and counteract what I do eat!

Yeah I was thinking lots of water activities to burn off anything I do consume. I was going to bring shakes but I am going with the girls! I have been so unsociable recently due to this diet I don't want to spoil a good holiday stressing about food/drink!

Oh well. Will have to see how it goes x

Im off to tunisia but hoping to have all my weight gone by then, Ill be eating cereal, maybe 1 toast for brekky, fruit for snacks past lunch, and then salad in evening for start then lots of ved with meat for main, if I can fit a desert (its half board so much take advantage!?) It will be mybe some fruit with yogurt poured on as opposed to profiteroles and ice cream!! x

if you want to low carb you need to stay away from starch (pasta/rice/potatoes) and limit 'colourful' veg - i.e. tomatoes, peppers, carrots etc

But.. me.. I think I'd go with the 'have a lovely time' scenario. :) Or 2 meals as CD and one as whatever you want! lol A bar for breakfast would be managable and even if you had a salad for lunch it'd be better than a blow out. ;)

Have a good one!! Wish it were me! lol

I'm off to Portugal too, over Easter for 2 weeks and just put in my CD order for the next 3 wks :eek:. It's quite a nice feeling to have the food-side of things sorted actually. By bringing along my own food, I will not be tempted by the real stuff. Will still cook for the family most days, just like at home, which I don't mind at all. Will carry on with porridge for breakkie every day, shakes and bars etc and have ordered a few tetras for the travelling days. Also plan to do lots of swimming and walking, not forgetting plenty of relaxing and having a good time :D.

Soon2bslimmer x

Thanks for all the advice guys- already feeling guilty before I arrive so will probably bring the shakes!

I am going to Magaluf with my sister as a birthday treat, as she wasnt able to come to my hen night last year, and we never get to go out together as she is in the Army and travels everywhere :( So we thought we would do it in style and relive our youth ;), we are staying in an All inclusive, so i know i am not going to be good, i am going to have a good time and not worry about it, it is for 3 nights and hopefully when i get back i will feeling quite bloated that i will welcome ss'ing with open arms :p x

Cant wait for my hols but they are in August.

We are going to Spain and i have checked customs and can take the shakes.

So i will have shakes for breakfast and lunch then i will eat out in the evening and have childrens meals to keep my portions sizes down.

I hope to be 2 stone off my target weight then and accept during hols i will put on but want to keep it to a minimum but also would like the evening meal with my family. I will prob stick to water and zero coke and maybe the odd clear spirit (Archers is my fave anyway).

Have a great hols.

im going to Ibiza in june so although i'll still be about 1.5st off target im going to work my way up the plans to 1000cal before i go so im used to eating again. i dont drink so one less worry, and just going to keep the carbs low.

im not taking shakes with me as im going All Inclusive so want my moneys worth!

couple of lbs gain will be fine. will then work back down the plans when i get back until i get to target:)

I think as long as you go on holiday with a plan, and can accept you may put on some weight but be prepared to lose it again immediately once you get back then we will all be fine. I duno about other people, but I feel I work too hard to not enjoy myself on holiday. Though im not going to go overboard and have burger and chips non stop.. Im hoping to have berried and low fat natural yoghurt for breaky.. i light salad for lunch and then meat and veg for dinner with maybe the one fancy meal of what I want... and be ready to jump right back on to CD the moment I get back!

When I went away to Spain last September, I stuck to my shakes for brek and lunch and I had fish or chicken for my evening meal with either veg or salad. I didn't drink any alcohol just water and the odd coke zero. I managed to lose 2lb the week i was away and I still had a good time X x x

Hi Guys,

I am back from my hols and had a fab time- didn't stick to a plan but managed not to go OTT!!! Back in the UK and back on track now!!!

Hi giys,

Im away to the USA in May and i'm going to take my shakes. I will be having a couple of meals out as it is my birthday while i'm there. I'm staying with family so hopefully i wont be too tempted to launch myself off the wagon! I'm just wondering what to have alcohol wise? I usually drink Morgans Spiced Rum and coke so i guess that will be a big no no? Is wine better? Or should i stick to vodka and coke zero?

Hoping to still lose a couple of lbs in the 3 weeks i'm away. Fingers crossed!

Thanks Eileen!

Sasperilla- Apparently the clear spirits and diet sodas are the best option. Vodka or Gin or White Rum with Diet Coke should be ok. Also my CDC suggested Whisky if you can stomach it!lol Hope you have a good time away x

Back