Going out on the pi**!

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
Im do for a big night out with the girls on Aug 22nd and im going to be drinking. I dont want people to say "iv been out and only drunk water" or "you shouldn't break the diet" or "you dont need alcohol to have fun" etc etc. At the end of the day i haven't seen these friends in years and i want to have fun and drink. So......as its only one night i dont want to refeed really so i was planning to eat just simple salads for a few days/week running up to the night out. Will this be ok? Please dont say i should drink when im in ketosis because im not planning on being in ketosis when i do drink. Cheers

hey ya...well it does seem you've made your mind up anyway, so not entirely sure what you want us to say. because i think you know the answer. the sensible thing to do would be to refeed properly at least a week before. you may be out of ketosis like you said, but your build needs to build up to things like alcahol in the right way, otherwise it could make you poorly.

hope you have a fun night whatever you decide, but please just be careful :D

Sorry i didn't really ask a question!! :) What i wanted to know was would a weeks worth of salads to enough to get me ready for my night out and would it still be healthy to eat?

i do a full week of refeed. thats what ive done cos im off out for a few drinks this weekend.

Cheers

Just sniff coke & drop pills instead :D Jobs a good un :D *

* I would like to point out that in no way shape or form does minimins endorse illegal drug taking **

** even if they are good ;)

Just sniff coke & drop pills instead :D Jobs a good un :D *

* I would like to point out that in no way shape or form does minimins endorse illegal drug taking **

** even if they are good ;)

Long time I did not laugh this much as I did today on your posts, Thank you for cheering me up.:)
x:family2:
PS: sorry for hijacking the thread

Long time I did not laugh this much as I did today on your posts, Thank you for cheering me up.:)
x:family2:
PS: sorry for hijacking the thread

Awwww bless ya :D That's really made me smile :D xxx

I just post inane waffle about whatever's going on in my head... :eek: You'd rather have me for a weekend than a week ;)

PS re my flippant post above... if anyone thinks drugs are the work of Satan & I've offended them then please read the attached I've just found this on wikipedia about MDMA... & I'd heartily concur with it in my personal experience :) Use not abuse ;)

Beneficial effects
The most common beneficial effects reported by users include:
A general and subjective alteration in consciousness
A strong sense of inner peace and self-acceptance
Diminished aggression, hostility, and jealousy
Diminished fear, anxiety, and insecurity
Extreme mood lift with accompanying euphoria
Feelings of empathy, compassion, and forgiveness towards others
Feelings of intimacy and even love for others
Feelings of insightfulness, introspection, and mental clarity
Improved self-confidence without the incidence of arrogance
The ability to discuss normally anxiety-provoking topics with marked ease
An intensification of perception, particularly tactile sensation or touch, as well as hearing and vision
Substantial enhancement of the appreciation for or quality of music
Mild psychedelia, consisting of mental imagery and auditory and visual distortions
As well as:
Stimulation, arousal, and hyperactivity (e.g., many users get an "uncontrollable urge to dance" while under the influence)
Increased energy and endurance
Increased alertness, awareness, and wakefulness
Increased desire, drive, and motivation
Hypersexuality and aphrodisiac effects (along with paradoxical sexual dysfunction (see below))
Analgesia or decreased pain sensitivity

Sorry i didn't really ask a question!! :) What i wanted to know was would a weeks worth of salads to enough to get me ready for my night out and would it still be healthy to eat?

Well what do you mean by salads??? You won't come out of ketosis unless you eat carbs?????:confused: (or so I thought!)

So I would follow the proper refeed diet sheet for the week. You will probably still lose weight on it.

I would say you should definitely do a full refeed (including carbs and everything - i don't think just a few salads takes you out of ketosis though i certainly wouldn't advise anyone try it) before even *considering* touching alcohol.

http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-forum/28768-drinking.html

Enjoy the night out, but please do it safely.

And before I get any comments, yeah, I'm totally happy with being the boringly sensible one on this thread ;)

Since you already know what you're doing, all I would say is, remember to stay in control. It's too easy to slip from that focussed frame of mind once you've broke -especially if you've had a few and are feeling merry. ;) Maybe between drinks have water so you wake up a bit fresher than you normally would and more likely to get right back into the swing of things.

That said, life is for the living so enjoy yourself and do what makes you happy. :D

Ditto what Elle said. Simple salads are unlikely to take you out of ketosis so if you're to drink safely you really should do a full week's proper refeed. If you don't you run the risk of making yourself really ill - and I'm not talking bad hang-over here! ;) :)

Have a great time x

Back