Going public... my announcement!!!

cambridge*diet*08

Silver Member
I am no longer ss'ing following my binge last wednesday...

I think this happened as i always set my initial goal as 10,7 / 50lbs in 12 weeks...

So in week 13 i was not in the zone and had always looked forward to this week as i was going to be 'eating' again.

I struggled to combine ss and atkins as i felt extremely guilty and disappointed that i couldnt ss 100%... I felt like a failure.

So week 14's day one was my training day to become a CDC and was a nightmare. I binged before the training and also continued to eat all day, ending in a takeaway pizza in the evening.

Last Thursday (day after binge) i took final decision to stop ss'ing and am now following Atkins.

I feel much better for doing one or the other as i felt bad not doing one or the other.

My angelic side wanted to continue ss'ing but my human side said enough was enough and its time to eat! :break_diet:

I have amended my blog title to say CD wks 1-12 and now includes atkins diet wks 13+.

I do feel a fraud though considering my user name... :cry:

Sorry ladies (and gents) BUT i hope you will still have me on board!!!!!! :confused:

It sounds like you are taking positive steps, which is really good. Keep going, you can do it!

Hi

You have done fantasticaly well, it sounds like you have made a positive decision, so just go far it :)x

And you will always be welcome here!

further to a pm i have received regarding promoting other diets and becoming a cdc...

i will not be seeing clients until i am bmi 25 at least. i feel this would be hypocritical... so i will be on a 'healthy' yet 'low carb' plan to maintain.

i was not made aware on my cdc training day that i would not be able to follow a plan that was not CD!

of course i wont be selling atkins products to my future clients BUT at the same time i will be telling them my story. i am not becoming a cdc to be a saleswoman, i am doing it to help others.

i repeat, i am not promoting atkins. in fact i am not even following atkins 100%. less fat than he suggested but still a low carb diet plan.

hope this helps if anyone else has concerns!!!

oh and thanks for the positive comments x

thanks dancing, always there when i need you!
see you on low carb forum lol...

Hi, How can you possibly expect to be on CD for ever...There has to be life after CD and it's about finding a plan that suits you to help maintain the fantastic weight losses that you've had with CD. I think you've done fabulously well. Just wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss and I for one will be interested to hear how you get on with a low carb diet following CD. I'm really worried about keeping the weight off once I finally manage to lose it and I definitely don't want to be on CD forever.

xxx

Hi Keeley,
first of all, well done on your achievement!! And you will always be welcome on here. I think you'll be a great CDC because you have done it, were successfull with it but went on to find another plan that suited you better. What better experience can a CDC have. You will be able to advise your clients honestly and understand when they get into difficulties following CD.
I am half way through CD but my mind has been wandering towards other solutions as well. I want to stick to CD until I am at least another 2 stone lighter. I have read a book about Low GL and Low GI and I find them very interesting but also some aspects of Atkins i like.

Keep doing what you are doing and stick around here. We'd miss you if you didn't...

xxx

hi welldone on your losses hun..

your always welcome here :)

and i shall be following you as soon as i am back from hols :)

Bum to the negative comments I'd say.
You've done really well and at least you are sticking with a diet you feel you can stick to.
Yay you!
x

Well i say well done.

Firstly for losing all this weight in the first place, for sticking to CD for as long as you have, and for taking some positive steps. I don't know of one CDC who hasn't tried another diet, and i know a few who actively eat low carb now that they have finished their CD journey.

Congrats to you hun, and i just know that you'll inspire so many people to lose weight.

BTW - if you do feel strongly about your username, then PM an admin and ask for a change - might be the right time now that you've successfully lost 50lbs and are looking fab, but on the other hand i'm sure the sane among us wont judge you for your username doll

Good luck with any future weight loss, you're a real inspiration xxx

I am really sorry and disappointed to hear that you have received a negative response. I for one think that what you are doing is a really positive step. You are listening to your body and making changes to suit rather than entering into a viscious and negative cycle of SSing/Bingeing. CD isn't forever it is merely a weightloss tool and when it has served its purpose we move on to whatever fits with our needs and lifestyle. So hats off to you and well done!

Gxx

Keeley, you seem to be doing what is right for you, best of luck with your continuing journey. I hope you will still be around here too :)

Hi Keeley,
I just want to echo Georgie's comments. You have done absolutley fantastic and I just want to wish you the best of luck on your new journey.

Can i just say thank you for all your positive comments, the negative one did take me by surprise as it came from an existing CDC... maybe they should be a little more understanding! Just my opinion.

Anyway i am still atkins/low carbing and enjoying it.

I hope everyone had a good weekend whether cd'ing or not!

xxxx

Hi Keeley

Good luck on the remainder of your journey! Fwiw I started on CD and have been following a low GI plan till I got back on CD! As a CDC there is a requirement that you achieve a certain BMI and do a certain amount of time on Cambridge, but as far as I am concerned, if Atkins suits you then go for it!
XX

The thing I love most about my CDC is that she struggles too with her weight. She is lovely and slim but, like me, has secret binges which she is trying to overcome. Its really great to have the understanding and support from someone who can relate to my eating behaviour. I personally think that CD is the last restort for many people who use it, it certainly is for me. The fact that you have used it to lose your 'health threatening weight', and now onto a less extreme diet to lose the 'cosmetic extra weight' is probably the way everyone should do it.
But most of all I want to say how jealous I am that you will be able to have BBQs and Booze this summer!!! (make sure you enjoy it, because you have done so well)
xx

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more with Sassey... like I said to you before... that's why you'll make such a good CDC!!
Good luck! xx

Back