Going straight from TFR to Atkins?

Spinoza

Never give up
This is way in the future, but assuming I stay on LT TFR for another 5 weeks, I'm stopping as I will hopefully be at the top end of the normal BMI range. I still need to lose another stone or so to be well within it, but don't want to spend the money on the shakes, so I'm hatching a plan to go straight onto Atkins, so as not to waste my lovely ketosis.

Would it be possible to do this? Any pitfalls?

sounds a good idea, im commenting here so i can see the answer too love xx

I'm another who'd love to know the answer too...

Not sure Atkins is for me, but I'm not sure about anything these days!

Im an Atkins Veteran, Id say its perfect, its what Im planning to do too....

Last week I went a bit loopy loo and needed a break. I did 4 days where all I ate was meat and fat free dairy. For some reason it kicked me out of ketosis? I really don't know why? Still, I maintained over the 4 days.

I still intend to return to Atkins/dukan in a months time I'm pretty sure after about a week of adjustment I'd start losing weight again.

Last week I went a bit loopy loo and needed a break. I did 4 days where all I ate was meat and fat free dairy. For some reason it kicked me out of ketosis? I really don't know why? Still, I maintained over the 4 days.

Were you eating a lot of sausages? They can contain carbs. And maybe your fat free dairy had fruits or sugar in them?

Were you eating a lot of sausages? They can contain carbs. And maybe your fat free dairy had fruits or sugar in them?

Nope, chicken, low fat ham (carb levels carefully checked) and a piece of steak. The only yogurt I ate was the fat free fromage frais.
I'm sure that my body didn't have long enough to get used to going from shakes to food though

Nope, chicken, low fat ham (carb levels carefully checked) and a piece of steak. The only yogurt I ate was the fat free fromage frais.
I'm sure that my body didn't have long enough to get used to going from shakes to food though

hey hun ive looked at low fat yogurts, mainly the twin pots, muller etc and they a full of carbs

hey hun ive looked at low fat yogurts, mainly the twin pots, muller etc and they a full of carbs

The fromage frais (plain one) I had was 3g per 100g. I had no more than 1/2 a pot a day so that was 7.5g tops.
I ate no veg whatsoever so that was pretty much all the carbs I had each day, a few g more in the ham etc but not much.

The fromage frais (plain one) I had was 3g per 100g. I had no more than 1/2 a pot a day so that was 7.5g tops.
I ate no veg whatsoever so that was pretty much all the carbs I had each day, a few g more in the ham etc but not much.

oh right lol,just mebut im always eyeing up the kids muller corners and can have like lots of carbs in

does anyone know when weve doen this diet do we count the netcarbs or of witch sugers?

I think it's total carbs Nat, but I haven't done much research yet.

They seem to count fibre separately in America but ignore it here.

Nick will know anyway, I'll just sit back and wait for him to answer...:D

LOL on Atkins it was all about net carbs (the ones that have impact on blood sugar) so if something was like 30carbs you looked at the ammount of carbs that were sugar, most foods specify on the nutrition...

Thanks Nick. Expect many more daft questions in the weeks ahead...

LOL fire away...

Hi People,

I've done loads of research on atkins and I'am going ot move over to it next Friday, but keep the maintenace lipotrim shakes for breakfast and dinner, hopefully that should keep me in ketosis. I will keep all updates though, i can drink vodka and diet coke as well yeah yeah yeah. Got my 30th in 2 weeks so very excited.

Back