Going to a local pub for a meal tonight

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by Jack_D, 5 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Jack_D

Jack_D Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all,

Going to the local pub for a meal and a catch up with some friends tonight. Not sure whats the best thing to have, - not knowing whats on the menu (till i get there)

Does anyone have advise, on what to stay well clear of.

Usually i go for scampi and chips when i go to a pub.... but me thinking thats going to be a no no.

Me is on a red week this week. So any suggestions would be good.

Thanks

Jack_D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pesty

pesty Fighting the bulge

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Id suggest not to chose anything with creamy, glazed or saucy on the menu, you can normally tell by the description how they're going to be.

You can ask how things are cooked and ask for things to be left off or sauces/gravies seperate. Ie new potatoes/veges 'no butter please' etc.

Im going out with some old friends for a meal on Sunday and we dont know where were going yet so have the same problem!!

You can have a look for the menu online? Either by pub name or group ie Green King, etc

Good luck! :)

4. sweetfa1

sweetfa1 Full Member

Diet:
    sw
    hi, steaks,gammon jkt pots as healthly extra or sins ,salad no dressing, flexable sins, enjoy. x

5. H*Bomb

H*Bomb Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(9.12%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would just have a big steak! However, that would be the same if I were on SW or not :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.