Going to do Cambridge

Sparkle

Gold Member
I changed this title about three times, first it was thinking, then it was planning and then I thought 'No! I have to be more certain!'. Lol

Anyway, my mum and I have an appointment with the CDC on Monday 4th at 1.30pm to start CD. I want to start now!! Or rather, I want to get the packs by the end of the week and start on Saturday - I just want to get going, I hate waiting. But she's busy and all booked up until then - the only reason we got an appointment is because we have both booked that week off anyway.

So as I can't start yet (and really really want to!) I would like to 'prepare' myself. So I'm going to be cutting down on coffee (this is what I really struggle with - I can't drink black coffee) and building up my water intake a lot... I should probably cut down on carbs as well to avoid it being so difficult.

Any suggestions or advice? Anything would be greatly appreciated! :D

I changed this title about three times, first it was thinking, then it was planning and then I thought 'No! I have to be more certain!'. Lol

Anyway, my mum and I have an appointment with the CDC on Monday 4th at 1.30pm to start CD. I want to start now!! Or rather, I want to get the packs by the end of the week and start on Saturday - I just want to get going, I hate waiting. But she's busy and all booked up until then - the only reason we got an appointment is because we have both booked that week off anyway.

So as I can't start yet (and really really want to!) I would like to 'prepare' myself. So I'm going to be cutting down on coffee (this is what I really struggle with - I can't drink black coffee) and building up my water intake a lot... I should probably cut down on carbs as well to avoid it being so difficult.

Any suggestions or advice? Anything would be greatly appreciated! :D

Hi Sparkle
Good idea to cut down on the coffee if your not a fan of black,
I did it myself before starting i must admit it was hell, headaches and shakes for about 4 days, but fine after that i have 1 or 2 cups a day now if that. Plenty of paracetamol and plenty of water.

Good luck

Me.

hi Sparkle. Congratulations on your choice and good luck. You're doing all the right things - more water, less caffeine, cut back on carbs. If you're lucky you might not get headaches going into ketosis - I don't - but it's best to be prepared and have painkillers handy. If you do feel rough at the start, it passes in a few days once you're in ketosis so just grit your teeth and hang on in there - it's well worth it! And the water helps a lot.

How about trying de-caff ?

Think I read somewhere that part of the problem is related to caffeine withdrawl.

Well done on your decision to start, you are doing right by upping the water and cutting down on your carbs. Believe me it will be the best decision you make to do this diet. GOOD LUCk

well done on the decision . It's a great diet and you are lucky to have your mum do it too to spur eachother on (and ensure no cheating!!)
Good luck
S xxx

Hi Sparkle - well done on making the decision to start Cambridge :) Fab that you'll have your mum on the same side !

I'm sure you'll do great - what a fab loss you've had already :D

Sounds like you're doing all the right things.....cut back the carbs, up the water.....and did I mention...up the water ! :p

keep us posted on your progress !

love

Debz
xx

Back