Going to do it for real this time!

catfish

Hi All,
thought i'd post on here as i have used the site over the last few weeks to try to get some advice and motivation to lose my excess weight, i joined SW, cost 50 quid for a countdown and only went once, did the same with WW, have dabbled with lipotrim in the past , but i believe i have actually become obsessed with food, thinking about it ALL the time, and eating most of the time.... trying to pinch little bits from each diet, and then being surpirsed that it doesnt work, no wonder!!! and actually not being able to sleep as all the thoughts for the next days food run through my head, i feel completely at the end, so i have booked an appt with a CDC and i start tonight, well probably tomorrow... am aprehensive but after looking at the successes on this site, i am full of enthusiasm, as i really feel the need to take food out of the equation totally so as i can get my head around the science of it all and trying to work out why, if i so want to be slim and healthy, do i insist on eating and drinking crap?
i really want to do it this time, i am desperate, wish me luck!!
Linda XX

good luck :) first of all try not to be apprehensive , a positve state of mind is the key to this diet if you see it as a positive change to your life you WILL succeed :) Also try to keep telling yourself that although the first week is tough , it does get much easier and the weight flies off !! How much do you have to loose ??
I also started on Lipotrim but found the shakes vile , so swapped to CD and never looked back :)

Hi Hun,

I agree with Determinator, get a few days under your belt and I promise it does get easier.

When you start seeing the numbers dropping on the scales it keeps you motivated for the next week and the time just flies.

Good luck!

Hi girls, thanks so much for your words and ecouragement, i suppose you are right really, shouldnt be apprehensive, just positive, just a bit worried about drinking the water as i am in a shop all day,alone and the loo is on 2nd floor!! ah well, the excercise will be good eh!! i have around 3 - 4 stones to lose i think, will find out tonight when i meet my cdc, quite excited now at the prospect, and i cant tell you how much i have learned already from here..... thanks again, will keep you posted! and may i just say well done to you two, your fabulous losses are inspirational,
much love
linda XX ;)

Good luck hun, sounds like you'll do well on CD. It's the only thing that works for me. Food is my addiction so I needed to go cold turkey
Am sure you'll do great and the amazing weightlosses really keep you motivated
Xx

Hi girls, thanks so much for your words and ecouragement, i suppose you are right really, shouldnt be apprehensive, just positive, just a bit worried about drinking the water as i am in a shop all day,alone and the loo is on 2nd floor!! ah well, the excercise will be good eh!! i have around 3 - 4 stones to lose i think, will find out tonight when i meet my cdc, quite excited now at the prospect, and i cant tell you how much i have learned already from here..... thanks again, will keep you posted! and may i just say well done to you two, your fabulous losses are inspirational,
much love
linda XX ;)

With that attitude you will do brilliantly. Be sure to let us know how you get on with your CDC :)

Good Luck.
This diet really is the best and as everyone has said once you get the first week out of the way it really becomes a way of life.

Hi

Well done for acknowledging what you've been doing and making the decision to deal with it. CD will be good for you I think because it will totally remove food from the equation allowing you to clear your head of those "games".

Your general mindset and honesty with yourself is a huge part of this CD journey. I don't know if you've read thedietguy.co.uk but he has great articles with exercises on how to help you get in the right mind.

Well, met my CDC last night and she was very informative and has helped me already with her knowledge and advice, so off i go and have had two shakes today, they taste quite good actually.

Doesnt it just show you that you really do develop serious unconscious/subconscious habits, walked past a bowl of grapes earlier and almost had my hand in my mouth with one.... and then i remembered, im not doing food for a while!, but it just proves how mindlessly i have been eating, even if it was only grpaes, i was doing it without even thinking, and really, it so easily couldve been chocolate so it makes me think how badly disciplined i have become over the years, thank god i found CD. focussing now on getting slim and healthy, only 3 stones to go!!!!!! but each journey starts with a single step..... thanks everyone for your support, its lovely to know im not alone.....
Linda XX

Last edited:
Well, met my CDC last night and she was very informative and has helped me already with her knowledge and advice, so off i go and have had two shakes today, they taste quite good actually.

Doesnt it just show you that you really do develop serious unconscious/subconscious habits, walked past a bowl of grapes earlier and almost had my hand in my mouth with one.... and then i remembered, im not doing food for a while!, but it just proves how mindlessly i have been eating, even if it was only grpaes, i was doing it without even thinking, and really, it so easily couldve been chocolate so it makes me think how badly disciplined i have become over the years, thank god i found CD. focussing now on getting slim and healthy, only 3 stones to go!!!!!! but each journey starts with a single step..... thanks everyone for your support, its lovely to know im not alone.....
Linda XX

Hi Linda,

Glad you got on well with your CDC. I love the shakes on cambridge which makes it easier for me to stick to it.

Good luck hun I think you'll do brill.

x

Hi linda

How did your first day go chick?

I find the shakes lovely which really helps...

Know what you mean about picking stuff up to eat without realising - hardest part for me was not tasting the babies food - have always just put it in my mouth to check temp etc so breaking that habbit was hard!

Good luck anyways chick, just keep plugging away at it and all of ansudfrn it becomes easy peasy!

3 stone will be gone in no time!

Xxx

Hi All,
thought i'd post on here as i have used the site over the last few weeks to try to get some advice and motivation to lose my excess weight, i joined SW, cost 50 quid for a countdown and only went once, did the same with WW, have dabbled with lipotrim in the past , but i believe i have actually become obsessed with food, thinking about it ALL the time, and eating most of the time.... trying to pinch little bits from each diet, and then being surpirsed that it doesnt work, no wonder!!! and actually not being able to sleep as all the thoughts for the next days food run through my head, i feel completely at the end, so i have booked an appt with a CDC and i start tonight, well probably tomorrow... am aprehensive but after looking at the successes on this site, i am full of enthusiasm, as i really feel the need to take food out of the equation totally so as i can get my head around the science of it all and trying to work out why, if i so want to be slim and healthy, do i insist on eating and drinking crap?
i really want to do it this time, i am desperate, wish me luck!!
Linda XX

Go for it!! You CAN do it

good luck - you can do it.

The first week was a real eye opener for me -like you , I had no idea how much food I just "ate", finishing all the kids leftovers, a nibble here and a taste there. It was only when I had to stop myself I realised how much i did it

Hi All,
Thanks again for your words of encouragement, day one was ok actually, even when i got home and hubby was cooking and filling the place with those lovely smells, i just remembered why i cant eat any food just now - need to break the cycle and go cold turkey cos i actually do want to be slim and healthy and like a drug addict, i need to come off food completely, then, start afresh so that in the future i will be able to sleep and not just lay there thinking about food! i know its a way off yet, but i think with this site as a lifeline i know i will succeed, i am determined, once and for all to stop being on a bloody diet,i have been on one for most of my life and am still overweight, so obviously the problem is deeper than just overeating, its my mind!!!
so on a more positive note and leaving all that negativity behind, i think onwards and downwards with the weight and upwards with the self esteem and the release from the grip that food has had on me.
will keep checking in here as it really helps,
good luck to all of you too, im sure we WILL do it.
Linda XX

i love CD. i love that it can give you that break from food and the reliance on it. i also found that i ate when i didn't need to just because it was breakfast/lunch time etc. i love CD cause it's so simple. it is so easy to grab at things and put them mindlessly in your mouth. also you'll find that you have to be really careful cause it's a learnt behaviour, an automatic response. i've had to stop myself licking my fingers :D

just believe that you can do this. yes the first few days are tough but it gets easier and time away from food makes you fully appreciate it when you get back to eating.

good luck.

Back