Going to have to leave WW

ginlin

Better to Drink your Syns
Hello,
I have been a WeightWatchers member on and off for eight years when I reached goal easily and maintained for two years, then gradually gained all I had lost.
I last rejoined WW just before the new propoints plan began, and have since been finding it very difficult.
Too be honest, all the calculating and weighing of food, whilst trying to feed the family, is doing my head in, to put it mildly.
I've toyed with SW before, and regularly buy the magazine, but decided yesterday that maybe I should give it a try, so I intend to go and join this evening.
I hope I have made the right choice:eek:

Bless you, good luck with SW, I loved it, just needed portion control, so long as you can manage that you'll do great!

Let us know how you get :)

I did SW for 5 yrs but and was great at first, but portion control was a problem. With WW I lose quicker than I did on SW but it is easier than WW.

leighforty said:
I did SW for 5 yrs but and was great at first, but portion control was a problem. With WW I lose quicker than I did on SW but it is easier than WW.

I loved sw. The meals really fitted in with the whole family. But like everyone else said, portion control was the issue and why I switched to ww. When I did my first nights tea was spag Bol as I was determined to make a life change, it still needed to fit with meals that worked for everyone. My first spag Bol was less than half of what I would normally eat. It was completely free on sw. On ww (before pp) it was two thirds of my days points.... Meaning I'd been eating by more than my days points on ww when doing sw just with my evening meal!!!! If you are good at eating to satisfy (which im definitely not, hence why I've weight to lose) I think sw will suit you. If you binge eat, eat all that's on your plate etc, I'd stick with ww. I personally feel it's pretty much the same as sw since fruit is free but (and I think sensibly) limits the amount that you're eating. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am currently doing SW (again) and it really isn't working for me. Think of trying WW as u can get ready meals etc where SW u have to cook everything from scratch and I don't always have time

Sonyaart said:
I am currently doing SW (again) and it really isn't working for me. Think of trying WW as u can get ready meals etc where SW u have to cook everything from scratch and I don't always have time

That's definitely the freedom of it hun x

Sonyaart said:
How much is WW? My brothers gf is doing ww and losing weight and she eats crap at times lol

It's about 11 online but it depends on how much info you feel you need. You could probably get by with these boards and the first meeting to get the info you need x

Hello,
I have been a WeightWatchers member on and off for eight years when I reached goal easily and maintained for two years, then gradually gained all I had lost.
I last rejoined WW just before the new propoints plan began, and have since been finding it very difficult.
Too be honest, all the calculating and weighing of food, whilst trying to feed the family, is doing my head in, to put it mildly.
I've toyed with SW before, and regularly buy the magazine, but decided yesterday that maybe I should give it a try, so I intend to go and join this evening.
I hope I have made the right choice:eek:

Have you thought about staying with WW but continuing with the Discover plan? If you have the books, calculator etc from before you can carry on pointing and still have the support of the group. In the group where I go a lot of us are still pointing, and a lot of pro pointers have gone back to points as we know it works for us.

I have done both WW and SW more than once. I love the concept of SW but I need the flexibility of being able to pop a pizza in the oven or a ready meal if needed at the last minute without feeling like I've failed. Feeling that I've done wrong sends me off track until my next "diet week" begins unfortunately.

i love the idea of sw, the meals i could cook for the family were plentiful, but the problem i had was not knowing when i was full! i would eat untill i was stuffed because sw says you can eat as much as you like!! iv now realised pple who do great on sw do this as they stop when they are full/satified, i used to eat everyones 'left overs' as it was 'free'!

i back with ww & definatley staying here!

Good luck with whatever you choose. I found the SW didnt work for me ... but I dont think that propoints will either - so I have stuck to discover!

:)

xx

Back