Going to start the TF diet this week - Anyone else starting TF this week?

Sass

Silver Member
New year new start - I tried many diets in 2009 and lost over 4 stone but in 2010 i put it all back on plus some (though i don't know the full extent of the damage yet as i haven't jumped on the scales for months) I just know i'm bigger now than when i started in 2009.

--------------------So thats the past-------------------------

This year my partner and i have decided to try for a baby but i want to lose some weight before hand so i spent some time trying to decided what diet suits me best.

Having done - Slim fast - Cambridge - Atkins - Weight Waters - Cambridge - Diet pills - Healthy Eating and then back to Cambridge again i can honestly say that the diet i most enjoyed was Slim fast. The plan fits my lifestyle and i get to eat but i do like the idea of having to weigh in and having support so TF is the answer, it seems to be very much like Slim Fast. I'm going to pop into boots on Wednesday to get what i need and intend to start that day.

Is there anyone starting TF over the next few weeks that would like to join me in livening up this section a little?

me me me

although I found boots totally useless help wise, but like you I have a lot of my own experiece on similar diets, like cambridge, slim fast, lipotrim, WW, SW, etc... omg, we could be experts! lol

I got married last sept and have regained a lot of the weight I lost, mainly because I started eating the same old rubbish as before, chocolate, sweet stuff, cakes, etc, too many high/simple carbs.

I am hoping if I stick to it long enough I will start to learn some healthy habits.

I have recently stopped drinking alcohol, partly becuase my mom is ill from being an alcoholic for many years and partly becasue of medication for fibromyalgia, and obviously, drinking is a burden when you are trying to lose weight.

how long are you hoping to follow it for? I am 40 in march so wanting to stick to it until then at least.

dont let the useless staff in boots put you off, the book that you need to get is really good and tells you everything you need to know.

I started today but still using up a few bits and bobs in the fridge, like bacon (lean back, and a few tinned beans left over, etc) after they are gone its veggies and lean protein for me. :D

good luck!

WOW there is life here wooohooo :D

Hello msblonde, yep i consider myself to be a bit of an old hand at this dieting lark :D I plan to stick with TF for sometime so will be here for the lang haul, i have a huge amount to lose due to my own stupid greedy ways i put back on all i lost in 2009. Lets hope we can bring some life into this section. Do you use the official TF forum?

Hows your day 1 going? I cant wait to start but due to money i cant go to boots till wednesday. What do the shakes taste like, are they anything like slim fast in taste and what products so u like the most?

Well i look forward to getting to know you.
Good Luck with the rest of your day one!

Don't bother with the chicken soup! Omg so gross, the wildberry one is nice I'm hoping the chocolate ones are ok too.
I'm just reading the book now. Day 1 is ok, but then again I was in bed till squealing time today so I think it'll be different on a full normal day.

You can add a small amount of veg to the soup and have fruit, so I think it'll be ok if I spread it out. One thing, it saves time cooking etc!

I hope your boots are better than mine. I'll keep you updated on the flavours.

Xx Helen

cafe late is yummy! I just had a chat online with a TF person, and they said about boots:

Please know that you can contact our Customer Support Centre on our toll free number anytime; 0808 234 9735 and request weekly follow up calls or consultations.

so we can ask them to call us, which is great, so i'll call them later and ask them to call me, at least I feel like there is someone watching out for me.

speak soon. xx

i tried to swap the sachets that I didn't like in boots today, but they said that they cannot swap food items so I have to keep the discusting soups, yuk!

avoid all soups! if you could change them it would be ok, but if you cant then its a lot of money to spend on stuff that you may not like. the cold shakes are nice though, well so far anyway.

H.

I'm pleased you got better joy with the online support, a weekly call would be helpful when the boots staff offer zero support. So will you weigh at home too?

I went to boots today and have come away with all my goodies, the offer of the 14 sachets free when u buy 14 is fab. The consultant for TF in my local boots was brill, only complaint was that she wanted to do my waist measurement on the shop floor but i said "oh no don't worry about that i shall do it at home" There is no way on this planet i would want my waist measured around shoppers! So thats me all set to start tomorrow, dreading trying the shakes as i can be fussy with shakes and tend to stick with just a small selection of flavours. Thanks for the heads up on the soups, i did chicken out and gave them a miss anyway as i didn't like the Cambridge soups so thought i wouldn't like these either.

Hows your day been today Helen, has the nasty heads started for you yet? What sort of meals have you been having in the evening? I got the recipe book so this evening i'm going to plan a weeks shop based on the recipes i fancy for the week. I have 3 boys and would love them to start eating a little healthier too but only problem is one of my sons wont touch any fruit or veg grrrrr! so i'm going to have to get my thinking cap on.

Really cant wait to get started tomorrow.

Hayley x

hiya,

done better today, ate more, had a pile of veggies with a crunch bar earlier, the bar was ok, but not worth the extra money really. it would be handy for trips to the cinema though, as it is very chewy.

I had a bad head last night, today I am ok. I lost 1 1/2 lbs since yesterday :D

I know I should wait but i love popping on the scales and seeing a result.

I have decided to skip sugar from now on, and when I am off the diet I will skip sugar too.

so what did the consultant say? what advice did she give? I may try a store in my local city (about 20 miles away) as they may have more interest there, and the staff be better trained.

Good luck for tomorrow, tempted by the recepie book myself.

speak soon!

The consultant ran me through the diet, advised taking the Chromium as it helps ease of the cravings for food which i didn't know. I was going to give all the pills a miss but once she said that i got some :D She didn't really give me much advise as such but she just explained it well and then said no matter what if i'm having a bad day and need some help i can always go in and see one of many staff there who are trained. She said there will always been someone who can help me. Always nice to know though other than weigh days i think i would stick with the online support if needed.

On a bad note, i have just noticed i don't have a membership number, spoke to someone online who said i need to take my membership guide back and get a new one. Oh well never mind, will get that sorted tomorrow.

I'm also like you for weighing myself daily, gets very addictive but its so enjoyable seeing those numbers go down.

Good for you giving the sugar a miss, i tend to use Hermesetas when dieting so will most likely pick some up when shopping. I do have a sweet tooth so coffee with no sweetness isn't an option lol

thats so nice that they said you can go in anytime, I think i will go to the city one and see what they are like there, it may be better. I have a physio appt soon so I can pop over then.

I am so pleased you skipped the soups! lol, I am still going to try and change mine at another store, I'll keep going back till someone has them off me!

I had the chocolate shake today and its lovely. I'll try the mint one later, I like the wild berry too.

let me know which ones you use and what you like, and I can try them too :D

I bought some of the jelly, its slightly different to ususal jelly as it has a small amount of fibre added, in mine the fibre settled at the bottom of the jelly like - well, fluffy! it was still nice though. worth a go anyway.

I read a book a while ago that I am going to re-read and follow again, by Judith Beck, called the Beck diet solution.

its not a diet as such as there is no food suggestions, its a mental approach, she is a cognitive behaviour therapist expert and is using it for weight loss. its on amazon, and I have started a link on here too, but there are only a few of us on there at the moment. i'll add the link -http://www.minimins.com/chat-about-beck/154147-cbt-weight-loss-beck-diet-solution.html

good luck and let me know how you are getting on.

xx H

I tried the tomato one and threw it away!

the caramel one i'm not too keen on, I added a teaspoon of coffee and it was a bit better, on its own - not really for me. It was sweet, not nasty, just not my cup of tea.

Got a toffee one too, I am kind of experimenting with these two really as I prefer fruit or chocolate. I was pleasently surprised by the cafe late one, it was really nice.

hope all is well :)

Yea i had the caramel one today, i liked it but then i do love anything sweet :D Let me know how u get on with the toffee one.

I got some fruit today to blend in with some of the shakes to make the flavours more real, i'll just use my fruit servings on them. I don't know if i picked up a cafe late one. Have u made any into a moose yet? So much to try, its exciting.

Did you get the Chromium plus tablets? I took one this morning and felt weird kind of on a high, came over all energetic which isn't like me and i wasn't hungry at all.

Lol, are you sure it was chromium? ;) I have it too, not had that much hunger bit a little so I have a boiled egg when I'm peckish. I'll let you know about the toffee!

yummy yummy!

Banana shake with a real banana in is delish!

Choc mint shake was yuk! made me gag had to tip it down the sink.

Got a real fuzzy head today and a funny taste in my mouth think the ketosis is kicking in, scales also looked good this morning so i'm a happy TF'er right now :D

Not sure it was the chromium to be honest, it hasn't had the same effect on me today. In fact if i wasn't at work i think i would have spent the day in bed.

Really confused about my evening meals at mo. To be honest i haven't read through the guide properly so thats probably why but like tonight i had portobello mushrooms with some light Philly and a slice of tomato on top but then thought my meal had no protein so had a scrambled egg with it too. Think i just need to spend some time reading at the weekend. How are you doing with you evening meals?

Boiled eggs when peckish is a fab idea. i'm going to make some jelly at the weekend so that i have that to dive into when needed though i haven't really felt hungry at all.

The philly prob had protein too. I get the same prob, although lately I've been throwing prawns into the tefal with a corgette, a pepper and mushrooms, I feel fat today, not weighed myself for a few days as I'm a bit constipated again ( from my meds) so don't want to demoralise myself.

Sounds like its going great for you, I'm so pleased. I tested my wee with a keto stick and I have a small trace of ketones! :) so I think you're right, I went ages today without anything to eat so I thought - must be. That and furry teeth! ;)

Still not tried the toffee may try the mint one hot. I usually love choc mint, I'll let you know.

Xx

Back