going to the cinema

misscphillips

ok -so my fiancee as my xmas present is taking me to our fave hotel in 2 weeks time. Ive got a massage booked while I am there and then he wants to go to the cinema...

I've already decided I am going to take my exante packs with me and do a working solutions weekend for the weekend - they do a nice chicken salad there i can order it without dressing and leave the croutons.

We are big pick and mixers, its one of the only times i have sweets when we go to cinema. Wondering what you guys think of the low carb sweets that are advertised? Should I get some of those in advance and take with me. I already planned to take a bottle of coke zero with me incase they dont have it available. Really thinking ahead about this here.

I guess I should go read the labels then cross reference for anything that messes with ketosis. If anyone can recommend what they have tried any that would be great

I have never been so excited about dieting in my life!!!

Personally what I would do is cut a bar up in to little pieces and take that and a bottle of coke zero. I have to have something to nibble while in the cinema, its like an unwritten rule lol.

The weekend sounds amazing! Hope you have a wonderful time xx

I'm with Mini Mummy... stick with your bar and a coke zero (if not water)...

The low carb sweets are made mostly with polyols (sugar alcohols) which can upset people's tummies quite severely if you have more than 1 or 2. I really wouldn't risk it. Have you bar - feel proud and happy that you are doing the programme and sticking to it, rather than take a risk and mess up your head (the mind is a dangerous thing) with 'alternatives' and potentially end up missing some of the film sat on the loo ;)

I know weekends away can be tough, but thank your lucky stars it's just the cinema and not some posh dinner out or something else that absolutely involves food :) Have a brilliant time and ENJOY!

Spots xx

I used to eat the low carb chocolate when i low carbed years ago and it was nice, but my mindset was all wrong - i was replacing chocolate with low carb chocolate, when really i shouldn't have been eating chocolate at all. When i stopped i'd learnt nothing and put it all back on. Part of maintaining is going to be changing habits, and so maybe try and go to the cinema without sweets, its that new mindset that's going to help you keep the weight off. A cut up bar is a good idea if you really need to nibble though :)

I think u also have to careful with sugar, something to do with making Ur body expect food. I don't really no x

thnks guys, i'll take a bar with me i think :)

as for the posh dinner - that I can handle coz i always have a salad when we are out so i'll order my usual chicken ceasar but get them to put no dressing on it. breakfst they will just have to accept i'll be sat there with my shaker bottle while my OH orders his full cooked brekkie... I would opt out of going with him and go sit in the jacuzzi but that might be bit mean making him eat on his own

I am going to the cinema tmrw night with a friend. I told him that I am on a diet so wont be having any treats, he was totally fine with it and I am sure ill be fine with a bottle of water. I am a little worried about running back and fwd to the toilets though! oh I am so going to miss my usual Toffee crisp popcorn!!

Ah yes, I guess posh dinners are not too bad if you're doing WS... I am doing TS and I just can't handle it. I know some people do occasional WS days, but one taste or chew and I lose all control. :( It's TS all the way for... hopefully!

x

Back