Going to the cinema

Mandlegrot

Gold Member
Apparently the OH is taking me to the cinema to see the Hobbit, will see if this actually happens BUT what on earth will I eat...i'm a creature of hobbit (lol had to do it) :rolleyes: and always used to scoff at the cinema...thankfully I go once every two years or so (when LOTR or now the hobbit comes out) so its something I won't need to worry about much, but anyone got any ideas for free/low syn snacks for cinema munching?

I have some raw popcorn downstairs, can make some up but what do you all crunch on at the movies?

I always take a bag Of velvet crunch with me (and glare at my boyfriend while he munches Pringles)

Your popcorn sounds good as well do make up a bag of that for sure! (is it free? I'm mad on popcorn but avoid it now)

Other ideas would be cereal bars for your hexb options. There is actually quite a lot you could take if you plan it well. Well done for being proactive :)

Not happening now. OH just said he was up for it but 'didn't have any money' ie can I pay. Got told to jog on. So staying in tonight, and I have lots of syns to play with :) Nice one for all the tips though will keep them in mind

I know it really annoys people when I say this, but hey - why break the habit of a lifetime!!!!

Don't eat anything. Watch the film. Cinemas would be much nicer places if food was banned. It smells awful, sounds worse, and makes a mess.

I know it really annoys people when I say this, but hey - why break the habit of a lifetime!!!!

Don't eat anything. Watch the film. Cinemas would be much nicer places if food was banned. It smells awful, sounds worse, and makes a mess.

I agree! How hard can it be to be quiet, not text, not eat, and hold the loo in (medical conditions excepting) for a couple of hours?

I have awful concentration problems. I don't watch films at home really and have a short concentration span. So when I do go to the cinema, I find a little something to nibble helps me somehow to keep going, else I'd be drifting off no matter how good the film is! I do always take things in boxes/containers so no wrapper noises and make sure I open everything when the adverts are on so theres no noise/movement. I don't eat smelly food either - i think hot food should deffo be banned, it stinks!

I hate it when someone is on their phone - the light distracts you. why bother going to the cinema if you gonna go on a game or facebook??

I agree! How hard can it be to be quiet, not text, not eat, and hold the loo in (medical conditions excepting) for a couple of hours?

Its a personal choice. I personally enjoy having a treat to eat while watching a new film its all part if the experience.

I munch if I watch films at home... for me its just something that goes well together. I don't often get time to sit down and enjoy myself like that, usually i'll have a few drinks too for an extra treat. Is a rarity to have time in silence to just watch a film and have a little snack to yourself :) but all down to the individual and what you enjoy on a personal level.

There is a subway restaurant just across from my local cinema and i like to buy a subway sandwich to take in as my cinema treat lol!! You can easily have certain ones within your daily syns!! And they are really filling!! And maybe a packet of velvets (4) or boots shapers salted popcorn (4) to munch on as well!! That way im not tempted to eat my abs fave which is nachos!!! Drooool.....!!!! X

Ooooh good idea - how many syns is one of the rolls in subway (just the bread) as i only have salad in mine anyway?

Im sure the normal white one is only 8 or 9 syns!! Excellent i think!! Iv not been for a while so i would double check the exact figure before i went again!! There is a page dedicated to eating out in subway on the slimming world online website! It is sooo handy!! There salads are also free without dressing and abs delicious!! Xx

Subway is pretty much the only 'fast food' for lunch I can and will eat - mainly because I can watch them make it (and usually prompt them to change the bloody gloves before handling my food to stop getting chicken over it lol) and the salads are pretty crisp and nice :) used to have one of the big rolls with crisps for lunch, not any more! but glad to know it ain't too bad for you - will have to look in the subway page here and learn the syns of my fave rolls so if I'm on the road, I know what I am eating before I buy it.

Lol!! It is nice to know you can have fast food that is healthy!! I tried buying evrything from the supermarket that they put in their salads to make at home to save some cash (as i was addicted to them at one point) but it just wasnt the same!! I usually have ham and turkey with ALL salad (including pickle!!) and the chipotle sauce!! Well worth the 4.5 syns!! Makes the salad exciting!! X

I always make sure I have a massive bowl of salad made in the fridge - i usually have lettuce, red onion, spring onion, cucumber, toms, pepper, white cabbage, grated carrot and courgette and sweetcorn in a salad as standard...then add odd things to it to spice it up, like pasta, rice, lentils, falafel, sausages, spuds...make my own salad dressing (honey, mustard, balsamic, basil, lavender - works out 1 syn for a decent enough portion) i spray the salad with frylight first then pour dressing so the mustard granules stick to the leaves :)

Back