Going to the gym alone!

nettie

Gold Member
Hi Everyone, hope you're all well.
Just looking for some advice:
I usually go to the gym 3 times a week with 3 friends- I am quite confident going now and although the 3 of us go together we do split up at points as we all like doing different workouts. My 3 friends are all sisters and they have gone on a family holiday- therefore I either go it alone or don't go at all! We joined a new gym a few weeks ago.

I feel really nervous about going by myself which feels ridiculous seen as I go regularly anyway. So do any of you go to the gym alone and how did you get over the nerves?

Thanks in advance :)

I either go by myself or with a friend depending on what she is doing. I have headphones music and my kindle and I would not let the idea of going by myself stop me as everyone is in the same boat there to get fitter and make a difference health wise.
I even do classes by myself and I bet you more people go alone then with friends.
It will give you a great feeling of achievement going alone and once you do you won't look back I bet ya

Let us know how you get on

Did you feel nervous at first? I will definitely go and I am starting to recognise some regulars now so hoping it wont feel like I am 'alone' if that makes sense.
You are so brave going to a class on your own- I wont even go with friends. I have no coordination at all and I'd be the one going the opposite way to everyone else lol x

I always go on my own! If using the gym I just plug in my headphones and off I go!

I prefer classes though, never really worried about going alone as I throw myself into the workout so would be no time to chat to a friend or worry about what I / we look like!

Go for it Hun, I promise it won't be as bad as you think xx

I hate going to the gym on my own if my friend can't make it. I force myself to go though! I normally take my headphones and as all the treadmills and bikes have TV screens in, I go when there's something on I want to watch.
Classes are good if you are on your own as a lot tend to go on their own so you are all the same. You don't notice so much when I class starts either. X

I used to go to the gym on my own, it was fine. Plug in the music and away i went! I used to find nobody payed any attention to anybody else.
im rejoining the gym today, with my mum this time.
I dont like going to classes on my own to start with, but once ive been a few times im fine.
im sure you will be fine aswell :)

Back