Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Gok

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by pinktiger, 12 November 2009 Social URL.

1. pinktiger

pinktiger Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(10.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    OMG I so love this bloke and wish that he will take me shopping when I hit target as I will want a complete overhaul. I'm so addicted to his programmes (only just started watching them) and he speaks sense and loves real women with real figures not size 0 twigs :D

Is there anything you are looking forward to wearing when you feel comfortable to wear what you like?

Or would you also like advise from a fashion guru such as Gok?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love Gok too!

My OH looks so much like Gok it's weird!!!!!!!

4. fat*n*40

fat*n*40 Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world Extra Easy
    I love Gok too. 'i have a pair of black trousers I used to wear about 5 yrs ago. I want to get back into those, then once I do I am throwing them out and buying a whole new wardrobe. its not fair, it only seems like a month ago I could slip into these size 14 black bootcut trousers and now I cant, time has passed so quickly.
    Its all my daughters fault for making me crave crunchy nut cornflakes when I was pg

5. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have only seen this man once on television - he had persuaded a woman that it was a good idea to take all her clothes off in a shop window, while all her friends (at least I assume they were friends!) stood outside and cheered.

Sorry - just don't get it. I thought he was weird and creepy.

6. JestersTear

JestersTear Cute, but psycho!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    avisk - you need to watch the whole program lol

I love Gok and have also only watched this for this series....I'm waiting, though, for him to take a really over weight woman and make her feel great with clothes from Evans and other 'out size' shops (I hate that term!)

7. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    I SAW GOK YESTERDAY

He was in Manchester arndale on a big catwalk, filming with a MASSIVE crowd. I was watching all of the crowd while he was up on stage just dancing and acting daft and EVERYONE regardless of sex, age, race had a HUGE smile on their face- he is just one of those people that makes others happy- what a truly truly amazing gift

8. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have never seen Gok, as I don't have a tv. But I heard him on the radio the other day saying that if you ask any man what clothes he finds sexiest for a woman, he'll say jeans, heels and a white shirt. It was my day in court yesterday for my divorce from my cheating husband, so guess what I wore?

I felt GREEEEEEEEEEEAT, my now ex-husband said I looked fantastic and he looked absolutely awful.

Thanks Gok :D

HellieCopter likes this.
  9. gobolino

gobolino Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World :)
    I :heartpump: Gok :) I think a free consultation with him when we hit target would be a great incentive !!!!!

10. gobolino

gobolino Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World :)
    Ha ha Leapfrog - good for you in your jeans, heels and white shirt :) I might keep this in my mind for my next shopping spree!

11. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Leapfrog, lol thats awesome hun!

12. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love Gok! He is just so positive and makes people feel great about themselves...and his fashion advice is superb.

I was watching HTLGN this week actually, and it's one I missed first time round. I cried when she proposed to her fella! Mind you, I always get a bit weepy at things like that.

I was thinking how much I'd love his help. I love clothes, I love fashion and I love shopping but I have so much stuff in my wardrobe (despite a recent clear out) of stuff that doesn't fit, stuff that doesn't go with anything else, old stuff I never wear any more but can't bear to part with. I'd absolutely love him to clear it all out and give me a capsule wardrobe of fabulous things I can feel brilliant in all the time!

Help us Gok!!

PS: CP - Jealous!

Last edited: 13 November 2009
  13. Liannioso

Liannioso Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.53%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    It's all about the confidence

14. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Liannioso- LOL you saw that too then?

15. Liannioso

Liannioso Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.53%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    Yeah soooooo funny, I loved the Davina McCall impression!!!! When is it on again!?!

16. ohtobeslinky

ohtobeslinky Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st5.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(7.34%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Orlistat
    Hey all - my best friend Lydia was on HTLGN January 2007 - he did wonders with her. We bumped into him yesterday in Manchester and had a good giggle & catch with him - loving his slimmer look and new haircut.

I have Lydia's cast offs now - even ones from the show! She has lost weight so she's passed her clothes to me - now I need to lose more weight to get into them! Oh and I have a pair of gorgeous jeans with a pink silk detail that I can't wait to get in to - I reckon 3 more dress sizes and I'll be there!

Gok gave me some good advice - dress to your size - and remember - the best piece of clothing is delightfully restricting. I think he mentioned wearing a great thick belt around your waist to give you definition - oh and get a waistcoat - fantastic for bigger boobed girls. Cheers Gok! x

17. AG1981

AG1981 Gold Member

Diet:
    Undecided
    I love Auntie Gok!
    XXXX

18. pinktiger

pinktiger Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(10.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Auntie Gok rocks. I've taken some fashion tips from the show such as the chunky belt to define a waist (smallest part of my body) and my OH will say where to position it to give the most flattering result. I can't beleive that Gok used to weigh 21st, he looks amazing, he truly is an amazing person

19. Kat27

Kat27 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(19.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love him too - would love a pocket sized version of him I could carry around all day to make me feel good about myself!

He's at Bluewater in Waterstones on the 5th December at 5pm doing a book signing if anyone's interested

20. mollysmum1

mollysmum1 Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I love Aunty Gok too and Bluewater Pandora shop all those pretty baubles on your wrist. I'm sure Gok would approve! Have a fab weekend all x

21. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I just love Gok too.
    A couple of years ago I applied to go on the show as I would love to have all the advice and ideas for dressing and feeling good. I would not even mind posing naked in a shop window or parading in my undies as he makes everyone look so good, no matter their size.
    I didn't get in but I was one of the 100 samplers for products. All were good. I tested and responded accordingly.
    He is fantastic... I never realised he had a weight problem until I read this thread.
    He looks so good..... go Gok!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.