Gok

pinktiger

OMG I so love this bloke and wish that he will take me shopping when I hit target as I will want a complete overhaul. I'm so addicted to his programmes (only just started watching them) and he speaks sense and loves real women with real figures not size 0 twigs :D

Is there anything you are looking forward to wearing when you feel comfortable to wear what you like?

Or would you also like advise from a fashion guru such as Gok?

I love Gok too. 'i have a pair of black trousers I used to wear about 5 yrs ago. I want to get back into those, then once I do I am throwing them out and buying a whole new wardrobe. its not fair, it only seems like a month ago I could slip into these size 14 black bootcut trousers and now I cant, time has passed so quickly.
Its all my daughters fault for making me crave crunchy nut cornflakes when I was pg

I have only seen this man once on television - he had persuaded a woman that it was a good idea to take all her clothes off in a shop window, while all her friends (at least I assume they were friends!) stood outside and cheered.

Sorry - just don't get it. I thought he was weird and creepy.

avisk - you need to watch the whole program lol

I love Gok and have also only watched this for this series....I'm waiting, though, for him to take a really over weight woman and make her feel great with clothes from Evans and other 'out size' shops (I hate that term!)

I SAW GOK YESTERDAY

He was in Manchester arndale on a big catwalk, filming with a MASSIVE crowd. I was watching all of the crowd while he was up on stage just dancing and acting daft and EVERYONE regardless of sex, age, race had a HUGE smile on their face- he is just one of those people that makes others happy- what a truly truly amazing gift

I have never seen Gok, as I don't have a tv. But I heard him on the radio the other day saying that if you ask any man what clothes he finds sexiest for a woman, he'll say jeans, heels and a white shirt. It was my day in court yesterday for my divorce from my cheating husband, so guess what I wore?

I felt GREEEEEEEEEEEAT, my now ex-husband said I looked fantastic and he looked absolutely awful.

Thanks Gok :D

I :heartpump: Gok :) I think a free consultation with him when we hit target would be a great incentive !!!!!

Ha ha Leapfrog - good for you in your jeans, heels and white shirt :) I might keep this in my mind for my next shopping spree!

I love Gok! He is just so positive and makes people feel great about themselves...and his fashion advice is superb.

I was watching HTLGN this week actually, and it's one I missed first time round. I cried when she proposed to her fella! Mind you, I always get a bit weepy at things like that.

I was thinking how much I'd love his help. I love clothes, I love fashion and I love shopping but I have so much stuff in my wardrobe (despite a recent clear out) of stuff that doesn't fit, stuff that doesn't go with anything else, old stuff I never wear any more but can't bear to part with. I'd absolutely love him to clear it all out and give me a capsule wardrobe of fabulous things I can feel brilliant in all the time!

Help us Gok!!

PS: CP - Jealous!

Last edited:
Hey all - my best friend Lydia was on HTLGN January 2007 - he did wonders with her. We bumped into him yesterday in Manchester and had a good giggle & catch with him - loving his slimmer look and new haircut.

I have Lydia's cast offs now - even ones from the show! She has lost weight so she's passed her clothes to me - now I need to lose more weight to get into them! Oh and I have a pair of gorgeous jeans with a pink silk detail that I can't wait to get in to - I reckon 3 more dress sizes and I'll be there!

Gok gave me some good advice - dress to your size - and remember - the best piece of clothing is delightfully restricting. I think he mentioned wearing a great thick belt around your waist to give you definition - oh and get a waistcoat - fantastic for bigger boobed girls. Cheers Gok! x

Auntie Gok rocks. I've taken some fashion tips from the show such as the chunky belt to define a waist (smallest part of my body) and my OH will say where to position it to give the most flattering result. I can't beleive that Gok used to weigh 21st, he looks amazing, he truly is an amazing person

I love him too - would love a pocket sized version of him I could carry around all day to make me feel good about myself!

He's at Bluewater in Waterstones on the 5th December at 5pm doing a book signing if anyone's interested

I love Aunty Gok too and Bluewater Pandora shop all those pretty baubles on your wrist. I'm sure Gok would approve! Have a fab weekend all x

I just love Gok too.
A couple of years ago I applied to go on the show as I would love to have all the advice and ideas for dressing and feeling good. I would not even mind posing naked in a shop window or parading in my undies as he makes everyone look so good, no matter their size.
I didn't get in but I was one of the 100 samplers for products. All were good. I tested and responded accordingly.
He is fantastic... I never realised he had a weight problem until I read this thread.
He looks so good..... go Gok!!

Back