Pesty's Diary: Losing the baby bulge

I hope so! Technically speaking nearly all of the past 9 weeks have been perfectly on plan with lots of speed so it can only be my body holding it all up.

Unless my body changes its mind this week I'm worried I'll get more of the same!

At least the gain was a lot smaller this week xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Pom. That would just mean cutting my alpen bars really. On the odd week I go on a Mars Ice cream splurge but that's all really.

Unless you mean natural sugars too in which case my fruit would have to go.

No - natural sugars are fine. All I would caution is don't overdose on them, which you don't seem to do anyway.
One lady I used to speak with on here was having 3 or 4 bananas a day as snacks (as well as other fruit) and was struggling to lose.

How about trying to cut out puds if you can - as these are the only things I can see in your meals that are adding syns.
You can then use your syns for more healthy stuff like EVOO or nuts or even extra cheese or milk.

Mr Pom has this wonderful phrase "Empty Calories" which he says to me when I reach for a digestive biscuit or an ice cream!
It mostly stops me in my tracks and I go and have some fruit instead.

But talking of fruits, when I'm having a "really good" week I try and avoid the high calorie ones like grapes, bananas, cherries, figs, blueberries, pineapple, kiwi.
I know they're free - but they're non-speed fruits. It really pains me as I love pineapple and grapes and kiwi and they're often the staple of my lunch.

I know you do EE - so how about trying a few red days this week to see if that helps?
All it really means is cutting out the starchy veg - things like parsnips, peas, sweetcorn . . . plus beans and pulses.
Again - all the non-speed veg. You can still have spuds as your HexB though - you just have to limit the quantity.
And of course you get the second HexB for any of the starchy veg plus bread and cereals, but you don't seem to have much of either of these two things. Unlike me! I can overdose on good bread :cry:

Red days make me a lot more conscious of how many carbs I am having and it makes me fill up with lots of veg.
I bloat like crazy on green and EE as my brain switches off and I over-indulge on the carbs.

It's not an ideal solution - but it might wake your body up a bit and give it a "kick" into losing steadily again.

Puds at the minute are quark with an options sachet in it, I have half on fruit and James has the other half, so that's one syn.

If I don't do well this week then I'll cut that out. The only thing is the change to sweet stops me eating more savoury all nigt - yes, it is free foods but I don't want to pick at it all night. It is all additional calories and it's just boredom eating rather than true hunger. But we'll see.

Well, another really good week and lost 1/2.

At least it's half OFF this week, makes a change I suppose.

Going for an allergy test on Wednesday, hopefully finding out my intolerances will help with losses.

Well the real hope is that my hormones level out so I can start getting losses!!

But better off than on, Pesty.

I'm sorry it's being so slow and tough for you at the moment, but hang in there.

Well done on the loss.

Maybe the test will be an eye opener and have you journey easier than its been.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Well I usually get updates to say someone posted, I thought I was all alone in here haha

Test done. I'm allergic to sugar and caffeine. My wheat like they always thought!! It's clearly the sugar in things that was setting me off instead

So as of this morning I've started a 4 week elimination. It's not as easy as it sounds. That's no tea, coffee, energy drinks, alcohol (unless it's shorts vodka/gin with diet lemonade), diet coke, chocolate, sweets, cereals, alpen bars, FRUIT!!!, yoghurts, flavoured waters.

After 4 weeks I can try adding stuff back in as there will be some things I can tolerate more than others.

It was indeed an eye opener. Let's hope it helps!!!

Oh dear - that's a big list of things to eliminate, but at least you now know what the problem is.

B - weetabix (B), milk 250ml (A), sweetener
L - veg soup. Cauliflower, onion, celery, carrot, oxo, mixed herbs.
Cashews - (6)
D - steak. BNS, marrow, tomatoes, peppers, onion, aubergine. Mayo (2)

. . . Test done. I'm allergic to sugar and caffeine. My wheat like they always thought!! It's clearly the sugar in things that was setting me off instead . . .
That's no tea, coffee, energy drinks, alcohol (unless it's shorts vodka/gin with diet lemonade), diet coke, chocolate, sweets, cereals, alpen bars, FRUIT!!!, yoghurts, flavoured waters.

B - weetabix (B),

Errr confused of Spain here.
Are you allergic to wheat? I though weetabix was just whole wheat?

Or was that supposed to say NOT wheat?

Oh wow....so much.

It will be a challenge however I am sure you will weep the results of knowing this information

It's certainly going to be tough to do it to start with.
But I have a friend who cannot take refined sugar at all, and only minimal natural sugars, and once he'd got his head around it fully, he made adaptations to his food which means he had a really good, varied, balanced diet.

I think the instruction to remove it all for a while, and then gradually introduce things a little at a time, to see what you can tolerate, is really good.
If you stick with it, you'll end up being much healthier, more comfortable, and no doubt in the longer term, slimmer.
But it's not going to be a quick and easy fix.

I hope you soon feel better on your adjusted diet. x

Had a stomach bug (booooooo)

Lost 2lb at weigh in (yeayyyyyyyyyy)

Hoping one is not the result of the other as foods wise I was really good.

Fingers crossed the losses continue!!!

They're more expensive, but you can get all the major over-the-counter drugs with film coating rather than sugar.
My hypoglycaemic friend has to have them.

Hi!

Your a lik on the quiet side, everything going well?

Back