Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

Just watched your last video. dogs are the best friends anyone can have really. Missed on hear and on youtube. so so glad to see you about!!! see if you ever get any time at all.. There is a make up look I would love your opinion on. and PS.. I LOVE YOUR POMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all keeping well?
im still here but have been through a strange couple of months with feeling dreadful. All my blood work is fine but I don't feel fine so I started looking more and more in to this woe and the long term effects. I find loads of positives for early starters but hardly any long term thoughts. I class myself as a long termed being on this way if eating for over a year now.

I've been reading about leptin and metabolism with this woe and I figured I'm probably in a bad shape because of this way for so long so I am currently carb cycling to up my metabolism but with only clean foods no garbage. I'd also noticed that I am freezing all of the time and I mean tits like traffic cones and jittery like alien body syndrome cold when everyone is out in t shirts and shorts and this is a sign that your metabolism could be slowed down. I'm willing to put a bet on it since slow metabolism symptoms I check every box except for high blood pressure??. The copious amounts of coffee perhaps?

i started a few days ago at 10.2.6 and that was after not going to the loo in 5 days (another reason for me wanting to change things up a bit)
I've read from others that they have had success on it and they say not to do this if you've loads of weight to lose. It's pretty much for people who are stalling on their last 10-15lbs I also believe this would be a good way to coax me safely in to a newer maintained scale number eventually.

funnily enough I'm not doing this for the weight loss I am doing this because I feel freaking dreadful and people are telling me I look ill so I will be posting my menus here as normal so I can see the results and keep track too. I'm starting with my up week and then will do next week down and see what happens. If scales bounce the same pounds then fine as long as I don't go to far up then I'm happy I'm getting some extra variety and vitamins which I believe I need to put my body back in to working properly.

My menu yesterday
21st April 14

100g grapes /70 cal 15.5g carb
1tin coconut milk /600 cal 12g carb
1 banana /154 cal 27g carb

Total 824 cals 54g carbs yields 3 servings and were filling and gorgeous.

Lunch walnuts /176 cals 0.8g carb

Dinner gammon steak, /170 cals 0.2g carb
2 dippy eggs /124 cals 0.56g carb
hollandaise sauce 1tsp /74 cals 1.2g carb

1 bowl all bran with 100ml almond milk 166 cals (26g carb) if use semi skimmed but almond has very little.

8 coffees 200ml cream 932 cals 3G carbs
4 x 75cl water

*total cals today 2466! Carbs 85.7g
No toilet for 5 days, very bloated and totm.

Weight am 10.2.6

How was London? Good plan Lauren, I'm very much in same boat as you with the symptoms. Been upping mine and feeling better.

Food looks yummy. X

Good luck and I hope you feel better xxxx

How was London? Good plan Lauren, I'm very much in same boat as you with the symptoms. Been upping mine and feeling better.

Food looks yummy. X

We we never got to go :( will be doing it in the summer holidays and spending longer down there though so every cloud an all :)

i think ink it's just that our metabolism has slowed right down? I'm not feeling good at all and I should be so hopefully this will kick start things up again. I just wish I could find more info on this from low carb people. It's mostly body building websites that talk about it but I'm not body building. I found a lowcarb forum with people doing it but the thread is old started back in 04 and all the people are gone now :(

Morning all!

my morning weight is up up up and away at 10.3.8 yikeadoobies!

anyway it is totm and I'm having huge toilet troubles so it won't be helping. I'm on my last day of carb up and then tomorrow it's back to induction style. Looking forward to it to rid the bloat but worried I won't lose these pounds.....we will see if this works and I will be Guinea pig :) I've done 3 days high carbs but not garbage carbs.

My my plan is to do 5 days of strict induction and see what happens now. Wish me luck!

menu yesterday was

400 ml almond milk 52 cals :) 2 carbs
1 banana 154 cals 23 carb
4 strawberries 49 cals 11.9g carbs

Total 255 cals. 35.9 carbs. Not as tasty as with co milk but very nice all the same.

Lunch Walnuts 176 cals 0.8g carbs
1 bowl all bran with 100ml almond milk 150 cals 23g carb

Snack jack cheese (100g 365 cals 0.1g carb) 20g 73 cals
20g Jack cheese 73 cals
5 olives 43 cals 0 carb

Dinner 1/4 bag salad rocket, red chard and spinach, olive oil, 1 pear, 5 walnuts, corner of blue cheese

4 squares dark choc and orange 200 cals 19g carbs

Made up 400 ml of cream for coffees and drink.

300ml almond milk 39 cals 1g carb
100ml double cream 466 cals 2.6g carb
Total 505 cals 3.6g carbs

Taste fab and thick just like all double cream. Can not detect almond milk when cold, can hot in coffee but ok. 400ml lasts approx a day.

my only concern with this experiment is the food going off because I've obviously not eaten all my bananas and packs of this and that fruit but oh well I shall shovel them down Jordan when he comes in from school.

Your food is very healthy!hope you shift that weight I'm sure it will be gone in a day or two!

I'm good thanks. Usual weight battle x

Your food is very healthy!hope you shift that weight I'm sure it will be gone in a day or two!

I'm good thanks. Usual weight battle x

thanks Vicky,

yes usual battles I have that t shirt :(

Hi everyone,

today I was back to carb down strict induction style and I am very happy with my easy transition. Was a wee but worried I'd be craving like a mad beast lurking in the bakeries back door biffa bins but no I am fine.

Also this morning after my high carb up days I'd lost weight and went to 10.2.6 so already it's working but I am bemused.

Menu today

B gammon steak and 1 dippy egg :) 1 tsp hollandaise sauce.
L 6 walnuts and a nice slice of jack cheese
D 2 pollock pieces and 100g green beans. Boiled them, drained them and melted Kerry gold all over them....yum yum and then some.

i have bought myself a can of red bull sugar free since taurine helps boost metabolism. Zero carb and kept until night time so should I become a crazed monster it will be done in my sleep ;)

3 x 75cl water, 1 earl grey tea with cream and 4 coffees which I am very happy about since I usually drink at least 7 per day.

have walked and walked and walked and walked all over town then back and forth to the park with the crispy croutons (dogs)

Cant wait to see what the scales say tomorrow and I can't wait to see if I can get past my 10.0.8 lowest this second time around.

Morning everyone,

unfortunately the scale didn't budge much I'm 10.2.4 but have woken feeling quite bloated and strange..it is still totm though so hopefully once that shifts the weight will.

i did feel amazing yesterday ie full of energy for a change so that's great news for me since I felt like I needed a blood transfusion every day before the experiment.

going to carry carb down for 3 more days and then do a higher carb day. I hope all my fresh fruit waits for me ;)

Wishing everyone a lovely day!

Better than gain chick! Have lovely day x

Morning Lauren, will be interested to see how your experiment goes. Think the key is to find out what works for your body since we are all so different:) xx

Morning Katie,

thanks I can't wait either because it it's works it may help my transition in to maintenance a bit easier too.

Lol at the idea of you at the bakery bins.

What Vicky said and good to hear you have more energy. Sounds a good plan. Are you doing a specific plan or just what feels right? X

I love your diary title, Goldilukes! :p I've had a chance to read through the first couple pages and already I'm getting some great meal ideas - thank you!

Found you. Hope you're feeling ok x

Back