Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

Hmmmm, sounds like you're starting to think the same way as me, time to get a bit more serious! Your goal sounds perfectly achievable (says she who has yo yo'd with the same stone for soooo long!!). What is the career opportunity?

I do panic though Caroline because I'm just sitting comfy in the 10s and wonder if I can even break through that barrier. Will have to try and I actually don't think I'm eating enough food, I'm compensating with creamy coffees on the go most of the day and I'm sure that's what's holding me back.
I am in the make up industry and there are few companies that I may be working with towards the end of the year plus I will be doing tutorials for sky website so for me it's important to keep myself in check. Although I did get all my work A a size 16/18 which is extremely lucky I still want to be better in myself because t brings confidence to do a better job.

Morning everyone, 10.5 on the nose today. Starting to wonder if 10.4.2 was just a dream???? Hmmm

anyway menu yesterday was
B 1x bulletproof coffee, 1x creamy coffee
L McDonald's double cheeseburger plain without bun & costa coffee with cream
D 4 slices ox tongue, 25g Red Leicester, 1 pepperami, 150ml cream

S 25g cheddar
S 2 squares 85% dark chocolate.
coffees with double cream -4
water- 3-1/2 litres

shut the gates in the neighbours cattle now, the grass is cut and its time to let the ground heal from all the fricken patti splats. Getting bored of cleaning dirty dogs so its for the best for a while. They can come back in next summer, although I have enjoyed having them in but.....the smells my dogs are wearing just Ain't nice.

hope you all have a lovely day!

A woman after my own heart ~ I'm really into make up. Last year I worked for clarins for a while, I loved them, just really disliked the store I worked in. I did a make up course too, along with Indian Head massage.

It doesn't look like you eat that much, from reading your food diaries. Do you generally pick rather than have meals, or do you go in phases like me?

I have always found those stalls to be snobby, I hate make up shopping because the girls are usually all done up and look down at you..I've got a Clarins cream that I love :)

i go through phases depending on how busy I get, I love cooking but sometimes it's just not easy and so oh will cook him and my son sausage or bacon butties and that's my license to snack...but I do have far more snack days lately than meals :(

Just checking in to say hi! You don't seem to be earring very much at the moment and hardly any veg, maybe you could add a few greens in there and make a meal out of your snacks. I had some lovely buttery cabbage tonight and it was delicious!

Hi Sandra and thanks, yes my veg and salad is low so today have upped it and tried to get excited about meal ideas again instead of snacking. I do reckon though by time I add my dinner veg up I'm at a good 9-10 g carbs.

atkins is not easy for me today, I'm looking for sugar like a mad women. Have stared dribbling at my sons apples and bananas. I've made some sf raspberry jelly & some cacao butter and powder choc cream type thing with mint flavouring. I could so just run over the road and at a whole cadburys or galaxy.....damn you hormones!!!!!!

thought my cravings had gone but clearly not, I'm even fancying whole grain rice with fried veg but know I can't have this yet. I need to lose anther stone and half before il be happy.

Today has been extremely hard sweet tooth wise... It's totm but not the start which is strange as I never usually crave at the end just before and the start of it. Anyway I'm driven crazy by cravings right now which has upset me because I honestly thought I'd kicked them. I haven't given in because I am afraid I'm still too weak to be able to put a stop to it once I start. T scares me going back to the beast I felt I was.

todays menu
B 1 bulletproof coffee, 1 cream coffee
L 4 slices bacon, 2 eggs scrambled
MId snack rocket, half tin tuna, olive oil, Parmesan, mayo, black pepper
D chicken breast, sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, mayo

Water around 3 litres so far.
coffee cream 4

ive made up some sf raspberry jelly and some cacoa butter melted, mixed with 2 tsp cacao powder, 1-1/2 tsp stevia, 1 tsp mint essence, 2 tsp double cream. It's in the fridge, no idea how it will taste but I need to feel I'm eating something chocolately without the carbs.

what a freakin day! So close to going back on Cambridge just so I can eat these bars and have those sweet shakes...not good thinking but I'm thinking.

Ok so just tasted my choc mix and it is gorgeous! It has the same constancy as an indulgent chocolate mousse.

Gave my oh a couple of spoonfuls and his face lit right up, he said it was gorgeous but a teeny bit bitter than he'd like, it tastes like green and blacks dark choc and he's a milk choc fan.
So if you like the less bitter taste add more sweetener,

so I will post the recipe should you want to try out.

5 squares of cacao butter melted in microwave for 2 mins.
2 tsp cacao powder
1-1/2 tsp stevia or any sweetener
2-3 tsp double cream
Any flavouring, I used mint but will use orange next time.

mix it all very well until your hand hurts then put aside in the fridge for around 30-40 mins.

Sweet tooth sorted and very few carbs as cacao contains a lot less than unsweetened cocoa powder and there's nothing in the butter. Around 1g carb in the cream.

Hi Goldi

Popped over to say hello. What height are you? Your goal weight is the same as mines, I've got about 3 stone to go though!

Sounds like CD might be an idea to shake your system up and maybe get some results that way?

Have a nice day :) x

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales. Want to bypass 11s so not weighing until 2nd Aug!

Hi Goldi
Yesterday's food sounded yummy, choc mousse sounds delicious, where do you buy the cacao butter from, must try the recipe.
Think my downfall at the moment is eating too many nuts, I keep a packet on my desk at work and don't seem to be able to stop popping them into my mouth.
Did you watch Luther? I spent most of it hiding behind a cushion!!

Hi bubbly, thAnks for popping over :) I'm 5.3 and now in a size 12 but my body shape is hideous. I have pcos and my stomach is just disgusting, it's stopping me looking normal in a size 12 if that makes sense? My arms, boobs and legs look normal and I look pregnant by my stomach :( ergh.....

Im really considering bashing away at this last bit with Cambridge, I've done it before and it was damn hard for me because all I could think of was eating. I got to 6 weeks on it and then my CDC offered me the Ss+ option and that's when I went off the rails. I actually did well just on shakes and porridge and I used to sneak the odd corner of a cooked chicken breast when things got bad or a spoonful of tuna. I'm trying to get in to the zone and knowing its only for 1 month to hopefully shift this last stone and half, I can do it just won't enjoy it after being able to eat so much on Atkins.
however I seem to be maintaining on my current eating so maybe I use this as a tool when Cambridge is done since this works so well at that.

hope you are doing well and feeling great today?

Ahhhhh Sandra, I missed it! :( you've just reminded me. Wonder if I can catch it on itv player or something. I have hard enough time remembering love and marriage on Wednesday lol.

I got my cacao butter and cacao powder from eBay, it's in a brown paper packaging and its organic. The company is soil association approved too I think which means it should be better quality controlled.
It tasted lovely and very few carbs but I can't make a habit of it because I need to try and kick that craving for sweet.....ahhh it's hard when it's totm, totally not fair.

im not a massive fan of nuts but I'm a huge fan of the nut butters :( spoonfuls of those are just to die for.
maybe only take half a pack to work? Do you pack a lunch?

Thanks for the info Goldi on cacao butter will try to get some. I do take a packed lunch into work but some days I just need to crunch if you know what I mean! I love nuts but they are so moreish, think I will take a few in a container and once they are gone, they are gone!!( as I always used to say to my children, who are now 17 and 14 and I still say it!)

Good morning everyone, I feel bloated and awful today, bounced out of bed this morning early as usual all twinkly eyed in hope of a loss on the scales and they registered 10.5.6 so I climbed back off in a mood swearing at them and myself.

Just made myself a bulletproof coffee but the coconut oil I'm using isn't as nice as my usual tiana. I'm using a £6 tub I found in Sainsbury's and president unsalted butter which I've heard is good. It's not bad.

Thinking of doing Cambridge again until this last stone and half has gone. Not looking forward to it since I remember it strongly and all the emotional roller coaster of feelings I get on it. Plus I always wanted to rip people's heads off.

Its the coffees I'm going to struggle with the most since it can not stand black coffee or skimmed milk blehhhh. Last time I used coffee mate light but I know my losses were slower because of that and they contain at least 5g carbs per serving :(

oh help me help me help me.....feel like I'm just wasting months staying the same or playing around with the same blummin numbers on the scales. It's so frustrating.

Anyway hope you all have a great day and hope to see some sun!

Would love some advice, I've read up on it but the reasons are awful and I'm hoping I have none of them.

night sweats, does anyone have these since being on this diet?

for the past two nights I'm waking up at around 4-5 am soaking wet, my bed is drenched and I have to change my bed t-shirt. Then climb back in a cold and damp bed. For the first night I believe it may have been my hot water bottle so last night didnt take one to bed. I've been suffering with being so cold since being on a diet so hot water bottles for bed is soothing. So no hot water bottle last night and I still woke up soaking, at first half asleep I'm wondering if I've pissed myself since I drink so much water and wake with full bladder. It's not that though and it's worrying me.

Oh half comes to bed a lot later and actually woke me the other night to tell me there was steam coming off me :(
Can anyone help?

Oh you poor thing, sounds really awful. Is it something to do with low sodium levels. Do you have much salt? Try drinking a Bouillon before bed. I think if you're low in sodium it can affect adrenalin which could give you sweats?

I've been having a similar dilemma, Lauren. I want the last two stone gone, but with what I'm doing currently I'm just maintaining. I've done vlcd on and off for years and frankly can't face going back on one (even though I've got 30 porridge sachets sitting in a cupboard). For now I've decided on 5:2 until I get desperate!

Goldi, if you do CD I will help you and support you as much as I can. Do you do any abs exercise?! Just a thought!!!

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales. Want to bypass 11s so not weighing until 2nd Aug!

Oh dear, I feel like crying today. First of all I'm now 10.6.2 and I've been suffering with really bad headaches, I hate totm because it kicks a headache off and by the time I've taken meds to get rid I'm unfortunately guaranteeing myself another headache the day after and after that etc. so depressed and sorry if I bring anyone down today as I do usually like to be upbeat but I just feel so deflated.

Yesterdays menu
B 1 bulletproof 1 cream coffee I still only have these for breakfast but I've noticed since I've dropped from 2 bulletproofs to 1 my weight has Crept up. Not sure if its linked.
L 2 slices wheatgerm bread with almond butter, I really felt like I needed that as my head was pounding in between painkiller times and I just wanted to crawl somewhere dark but couldn't because I had so much work to do.
mid day snack- whole pack of ox tongue 0.1 g carbs and around 999 cals
2 x 25 g rRed Leicester
D mince, red onion, garlic, Diablo chilli, tinned tomatoes with garlic, mushrooms, Parmesan shared between the three of us.
Here is the naughty bit, 4 squares of 85% dark chocolate, for half a pack which is about 6 squares its 8.1 g carbs. 100ml cream mixed with water to make a milk drink.

I have drank loads of water just incase the headaches were dehydration at least 4-1/2 to 5 litres
4 coffees with cream

no wonder I'm still a fat twat! I'm so upset with myself and had underestimated how bad a totm can throw you out of any good situation no matter how hard you try.

On a good note I did some interviews for Health magazine, Weight watchers and Allure mag. All beauty tips and the Allure one will me out in the October issue, not sure of the others yet.

hope you all have a great day and I wish good weather on you all :)

Back