GONNA DO IT THIS TIME!!!

Samsmum

Well after much deliberation i've finally decided to stop messing about and get back on SW. Think i must've been on every diet on here but never stuck with any long enough to succeed. I've lost about six stone in the last two years but the problem is it's the same stone i've lost six times so doesn't really count. I'm fed up of being a couch potato and not wanting to go out as i've lost what little bit of confidence i did have. Enough's enough. I'm hoping keeping a diary of all the highs and lows will give me something to focus on. Bit of background. I'm 50ish married, 3 kids and 3 gorgeous grandkids. Makes me sound so old. Dont know where the years went but not gonna waste any more. Off work for next few months following an op that i really regret having as in more pain now than i was before. I'll get there tho. Would love to lose 4 stone but cant think that far ahead so baby steps for me. Would really welcome any advice and support and will gladly offer the same in return. Thanks for sticking thru the waffling. Good luck all;)

Half way through day 2 and feeling positive and motivated. Just made a big pan of veggie soup so some for today and lots for the freezer. Soup weather anyway!!Tea's gonna be gammon,egg, sw chips and mushy peas. Always used to have my best losses when i had my syns so looking forward to a bag of maltesers with the soaps tonight. Such an exciting life i lead!

Congratulations on taking those first steps to feeling good :)

Once you start seeing the pounds fall away with SW you'll soon be buzzing to do more !!

Feel free to come check out my diary (link is in my signature) I have a few random entries and some meal ideas :)

x

Thanks. Got lots of time on my hands at the minute so lurking round here is keeping me out of the fridge! I'll have a read of your diary now. Need lots of help and ideas but feeling like this could be the time it works for me

Thanks. Got lots of time on my hands at the minute so lurking round here is keeping me out of the fridge! I'll have a read of your diary now. Need lots of help and ideas but feeling like this could be the time it works for me

Thats brilliant that you feel like you can do this :) an excellent start !!

My diary is pretty positive and I update regardly with whatever I'm thinking of. Its definitely helped me. Sometimes people reply, sometimes not but it helps me to figure out my emotions by having to write them down.

I have spent a long time on the site... reading posts, looking for recipes, etc. The members section of the SW site is excellent too

x

Day 3 and feeling good. Might sound ridiculous but being 100%for 2 whole days is bloody good for me lately. Dug all my old mags and diaries out and feel really motivated again. Found i had my best losses when i used my syns so not gonna deprive myself and gonna look forward to a bit of choccie or a glass of wine. All legal!! Had an omelette some fruit for brekkie and think it'll be tuna salad for lunch. Not sure on tea yet. Maybe a lasagne or chilli. Winter food!! Getting myself in a bit of a rut being off work all this time so might go for a nice long walk later if it's not p'ing down

Samsmum said:
Day 3 and feeling good. Might sound ridiculous but being 100%for 2 whole days is bloody good for me lately. Dug all my old mags and diaries out and feel really motivated again. Found i had my best losses when i used my syns so not gonna deprive myself and gonna look forward to a bit of choccie or a glass of wine. All legal!! Had an omelette some fruit for brekkie and think it'll be tuna salad for lunch. Not sure on tea yet. Maybe a lasagne or chilli. Winter food!! Getting myself in a bit of a rut being off work all this time so might go for a nice long walk later if it's not p'ing down

It's almost weird when you find yourself so positive about something you're not usually with! Don't question it - run with it like I did! You know you can shed those lbs!

You're doing well... You know you can keep this up. I do use my syns but I try and hold one or two back a day to make sure I've counted everything right and if not I can fall back on those "saved" ones :)

Have a great day

X

Thanks Karen. Yeh it is a bit weird but in a good way. Know what you mean about ''hidden syns'' tho. So easy to forget about that bit of sauce or gravy! Feel like a bit of a stalker with your diary but if being on here all day stops me picking who cares x

Samsmum said:
Thanks Karen. Yeh it is a bit weird but in a good way. Know what you mean about ''hidden syns'' tho. So easy to forget about that bit of sauce or gravy! Feel like a bit of a stalker with your diary but if being on here all day stops me picking who cares x

No ! Don't feel at all like that! I have the app on my phone so I'm always hoping on and off and although to others not losing weight it seems a boring subject to keep talking about but to us slimmers I think constantly talking about it helps keep you on track!

I like to keep some syns back because even my food directory was obviously printed last year for this year and some recipes have changed meaning the have a syn value when before they were free (like some Mullers)

Stalk away - I need enthusiastic people to chat to too! :) x

You might regret saying that. Just off to make the quark roulade thingy. Have you tried it. Great if you're a cake face like me x

Samsmum said:
You might regret saying that. Just off to make the quark roulade thingy. Have you tried it. Great if you're a cake face like me x

I havent done anything with Quark yet actually - let me know how it gets on!

I'm a chocolate fan :( major downfall and typical female (!) but then saying that I just like food full stop!

x

Tried it before. It's yummy. 1/2 a syn for the whole cake and dead easy to make. Just seen a recipe for a jaffa cake version. Be rude not to try it x

Samsmum said:
Tried it before. It's yummy. 1/2 a syn for the whole cake and dead easy to make. Just seen a recipe for a jaffa cake version. Be rude not to try it x

Oooo it sounds interesting.. If you have a moment then feel free to add it to your diary and then newies and people who can't cook like me might see it :)

x

Samsmum said:
I'll try it out first and let you know how it goes x

Yay! I'm a fan of things that aren't too complicated or a million ingredients :)

x

Thanks. Going really well so far and quite enjoying it. Gonna watch the Claire Richards fat fight thing 2nite. Like her and think it'll be quite interesting. Guess the rich and famous are just like us when it comes to food and dieting

I didn't know that was on tonight i'll have to watch it. It good that you are enjoying it as I found last time I done it I didn't and thats part of the reason I left.

Samsmum said:
Thanks. Going really well so far and quite enjoying it. Gonna watch the Claire Richards fat fight thing 2nite. Like her and think it'll be quite interesting. Guess the rich and famous are just like us when it comes to food and dieting

Oooo - whens that on and what channel? x

Back