Good Book Please

Dutch

Goodbye Tum
Hi all, I'm pre planning (it's the new me hee hee) and looking to get a great book with lots of healthy cal counted meals to make, I'm loving the 1200 plan and have a week on tuesday till I'm up to the 1500 but am looking to sort my head out in advance, I've copied lots of recipies I've found and I've also printed and laminated the meal ideas from the book but just wondered if anyone knew of a good book with lots of yummy things in with all the hard work done (ie cal counting) I'm working my way through getting average cals for basic foods down but if anyone knows or has a list of stuff like chick breast, slices of bread, jacket pots etc, everyday staples I'd really appreciate it and will hang on and share when I'm in a position to share the wisdom.

Thanks in advance xx

Any of Anthony Worral Thompson books and they are all low gi. Really yummy, or Rick Gallop low Gi traffic light book.

Morning been doing the same as you with getting books and recipes ect its all very exciting .Any how this little book I found is great (my cdc lesley put me on to it took some finding but it was on ebay and in amazon ) gi & gl counter by dr wynnie chan an published by hymlyn gives GI&GL ENERGY KCAL ENERGYKJ FAT SATURATE FAT PROTIEN CARBS AND FIBRE.This is a great reference book for just about every thing you can think of and it pocket size so it can go shopping with you .Very colourful and easy to read defenatly a good buy at £3.99 new .I have also got the change one thing book which I am finding very good and think I will be able to use a lot of ideas from it to maintain .GOOD LUCK HUN XX

I just wanted to say congratulations to both Dutch and Mandye, you have both done so well and your resolve and willpower is inspiring!
Good luck with maintainance, I am sure you will b fine!
xx

Back