Good buys from Lidl

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by sarahb-84, 24 March 2014.

1. sarahb-84

sarahb-84 Well-Known Member

im going to try Lidl next week to try cut the food bill down a bit.

any good buys?

i know the mince is good value
  2. sarahb-84

3. hexe

hexe Well-Known Member

We buy most of our fruit and veg there. As well as all tinned veg and dry foods, such as pasta, rice, pulses. I really like their hams, too. Have a look on their website, their weekly and half-price weekend offers are usually pretty good.
  4. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Well-Known Member

I think there is a thread on Lidl somewhere already which would have ideas but not sure where it is
  5. You can sign up for an email to tell you the offers each week.
  6. Hippopotamum

Hippopotamum Well-Known Member

We buy their passata, we buy quite a lot because I use it in everything, pasta sauces, bolognaise, soups, curries, etc. I buy the kids packed lunch stuff from there, apples, bananas, raisins, wholemeal rolls, cartons of OJ, etc, and their veg is quite nice, I also like their free range eggs and large chickens, but I don't really buy anything specific to SW, and don't ever do a full shop there, sorry I can't be more help. x
  7. xbecky11

xbecky11 Active Member

They usually have good meat offers (my mum was telling me that last week they had whole chickens on offer for £1.99 (she bought 6 :')) Their fruit range is good. I went in today and bought a pineapple for about 70p, a squash for about 60p and peppers 2 for £1. It's my local shop so I know quite a bit about it so if you have any specific questions I might be able to help out
  8. sarahb-84

thanks everyone for your replies.

i will have a look at their website and see if i can find the lidl thread :)
    Last edited: 27 March 2014
  9. Redapple

Redapple New Member

I buy fruit and veg, ham, almonds, meat,coffee and yogurts, they r like muller light, same nutricion and only 31p, they have orange and chocolate, mint and chocolate, vanilla and chocolate, strawberry....90cal. They r good. They have good offers.