Good morning britain

missfatpants

Hi everyone. I know it's early but I woke up nice and refreshed this am. Bit of a headache but thats all. When I picked up my packs on mon from chemist - I cheekily asked her if she would bob in a couple of ketostix - she said she never been asked that lol! But she did. So I cut one in half and thought I'd try this am with first wee of day and it went a nice dark pink - when i tried tues am it was no colour but slight beige. I don't have any breath smells though. Or a metallic taste in my mouth - it just feels dry. So I am hoping I am in ketosis now. Feeling a really steely determination to continue and keep reminding myself I have weeks of this. Luckily I have no functions to go to in the foreseeable future. I don't go out. I would like to lose a fair amount for September though. I have many reasons to lose weight. Health, vanity, oh and to stick my two fingers up at a yummy mummy at my daughters school who tried to steal my man - although not much resitance from him at the time. Can't wait walk by her looking gorgeous. Biatch. Anyway too much info I guess but it spurs me on. I feel the energy is kicking in - I am a bit lazy so I need the energy. It's just I got into a rut of daytime tv plodding along. I had no get up and go. But up until 4 days ago I was a very heavy drinker - couple bottles wine a night. So it's those demons I am fighting also - but so far I have had no urge at all. I think the bigger picture keeps me going. I have never gone more than nine days without a drink and that was years ago - so that is my mini goal. I think why this diet is so important to me is that it is not just food but alcohol its helping me beat.

Anyway sorry to waffle on - don't know where all that came from!! Just came out.

Hope everyone is ok this morning . Come on day 4 !!!

Xxx

Hey there... glad you're feeling so good. :) The headaches apparantly come from not drinking enough water, and if your mouth is dry this could explain it too. Anyway, glad you hear about your determination to fight those demons. I found that detaching myself from food helps me feel very in control of what I'm doing (for a change :) ), and because Ive never felt hungry in the last 11 days, then it really works for me. Good luck with how you're doing... please keep us posted x

Morning Missus
Wow, well they say a problem shared hey lol. You've done the right thing getting it off of your chest to us strangers and your attitude towards making things better for yourself and your family is amazing.
I'm hoping that ketosis has kicked in as my mouth feels like a ferritt slept in it last night :( it's awfuly and the toothpaste and listerine have worn of already. I can see myself becoming a serial toothy peg scrubby whilst i'm doing this.
Good luck with day 4. I'm going to a friends house for lunch but i told them i'll come afterwards as i'm going to have lunch with my partner first. I don't want them all knowing what i'm doing yet...too many questions and them saying i look fine anyway...not what i want to hear. Wish me luck, i'm sure there'll still be some cakes out when i get there:devilangel:

You are all doing soo well and Jenben I know what you mean about the tooth brushing, I've bought a travel size one to keep in my hand bag, they are on offer in boots at the min.
Good luck with day 4!! Skinny we are coming to catch you!!

Hi uk lady. Thanks I been drinking more water and it does seem work with the head ache. So u r on day 11 ? Well done - r u finding it gets easier really?

Jenben - I have not told anyone either - not even my family - only hubby knows. Less they know the better - they will not ask I think til they see a big change. How did u manage with the cakes at your friends lunch?? I been out shopping today for presents for hub as its our 9 th wedding anniversary - I got him some lovely finest food from tescos and I found it really hard because I would have loved to be joining him eating it and all the food just looked lovely - but I have got home unpacked and am still 100% committed. I will still need go bed early though as its still bit too hard to resist when all cooking going on.

How you doing allysweetcheeks? I know u said u doing nights and that must be going to be tough for you. Drink drink drink is best way.

We doing well girls nearly on day 5 !!!

Xxx

Luckily no cakes, just a few crisps, sausage rolls and sandwiches left when i got there. Think that was worse actually as i'm a grazer and love picky food. Luckily my baby was a bit grumpy (awful thing to say) because of the heat so i laid a blanket in the shade with him away from the food and just drank water. Jobs a good un :)
Congratulations on your Anniversary and i hope your meal goes well for your hubby.
I'll be going to bed early again. I'm finding evenings the hardest still x

Well done you. I really struggled today about six - kids were eating pizza and I was drooling and was really fancying a glass wine - I was closest ever been to breaking it - I am so glad I didn't - I just hope my reserve continues. I bet your little in loved it outside - its a boy? What's his name? Bet he is adorable. I have just had a bath and now upstairs out way and ready for another early night.

Day 5 here we come!!

X

i also have a demon to fight, though mine is salt lol

you can do this, 5 days in and goin strong. im on day 14 tomorrow and feelin quite good about it. just went to pick up fish n chips for my partner, thought it would be hard, but the smell of all that fat made me gag, a smell that once turned my knees to jelly now makes me feel sick! so thats got to be a positive.

keep goin, you will feel so much better for it

well done hun x

Xxfoolfoolafluxxxx thanks for your reply - salt wow!! Ur not putting it in your shakes r u? Lol. I really really felt like some wine - so glad I fought it. But fri/ sat going be another challenge - shall just have keep thinking of weigh day on mon - 2 weeks you have done ? That's blooming brilliant - please god let me be in same position .I so want this to work - how much have you to lose ? How much have you lost so far? That's amazing stuff you loved made u gag. Maybe I can be like that about booze.

Xx

Xxfoolfoolafluxxxx thanks for your reply - salt wow!! Ur not putting it in your shakes r u? Lol. I really really felt like some wine - so glad I fought it. But fri/ sat going be another challenge - shall just have keep thinking of weigh day on mon - 2 weeks you have done ? That's blooming brilliant - please god let me be in same position .I so want this to work - how much have you to lose ? How much have you lost so far? That's amazing stuff you loved made u gag. Maybe I can be like that about booze.

Xx

i was 255lb when i started losin weight but that wasnt when i was on lipotrim. i wass about 196lb when i started lipotrim, hopin to have gotten past the stone mark tomorrow, fingers crossed. i want to lose just under 2 stone now.

i had salt on everythin, pizza, naan bread, curry, chilli, beans, eggy bread, pasta, rice, veg, you name it, salt went on it! lol its gunna be the thing that kills me if i dont beat it, so im determined, and think after 4 weeks it should be well n truly beaten! you'll get through the weekend if you want it enough trust me x

Hi uk lady. Thanks I been drinking more water and it does seem work with the head ache. So u r on day 11 ? Well done - r u finding it gets easier really?

Jenben - I have not told anyone either - not even my family - only hubby knows. Less they know the better - they will not ask I think til they see a big change. How did u manage with the cakes at your friends lunch?? I been out shopping today for presents for hub as its our 9 th wedding anniversary - I got him some lovely finest food from tescos and I found it really hard because I would have loved to be joining him eating it and all the food just looked lovely - but I have got home unpacked and am still 100% committed. I will still need go bed early though as its still bit too hard to resist when all cooking going on.

How you doing allysweetcheeks? I know u said u doing nights and that must be going to be tough for you. Drink drink drink is best way.

We doing well girls nearly on day 5 !!!

Xxx

MSF I have read loads of posts that says it gets easier especially after the 3rd day. But to honest I havent found it hard ... which is weird because I love my food enough to be this weight!! About the water ... a couple of things... I have been told the more water you drink up to the 4 litres, the more you will lose. I'm trying to drink that much so we will see what happens on the scales on Monday! Secondly... I have a Brita filter jug and oh mannnn the water tastes SO much nicer than tap stuff :). Hope this helps.

I have been told the more water you drink up to the 4 litres, the more you will lose.
I'm pretty sure thats rubbish, it can actually be bad for you to drink too much.
Drink plenty though, make sure you get a good 2 litres on top of the shakes.
It does get easier, i'm on week 2. This week i feel really good :)
You kind of settle into it a bit on your 2nd week i think.
Wish the smell of chips put me off them too Foo! Half the office had them on monday lunch and the smell was divine... ;)

I'm pretty sure thats rubbish, it can actually be bad for you to drink too much.
Drink plenty though, make sure you get a good 2 litres on top of the shakes.

I completely agree with you Lesley. Yes we need to drink a good 2 or maybe 3 litres but much more and you start cleansing the body of vital salts that you need so be careful. I'm drinking about 4 pints a day and that's been plenty.

Missfatpants - well done for avoiding the wine. I'll find it a problem this weekend so i'm planning on staying in. I've only got red in the house at the minute and i'm more of a white drinker in the summer so hopefully i won't be tempted.
I tell you what though...no early night for me tonight, i feel great. Sat here drinking my peppermint tea with what feels like a satisfied belly.
In answer to your question I have a baby boy called Beau who definatley lives up to his name. There's a picture of us together on my profile. He's 15 weeks today...time is flying.
Bring on day 5...we can do this x!!

Back