Good News - Not Weight Related

ladyvegas

Silver Member
Hey Ladies

Was back to see the oncologist today and was given the good news that I am now officially in REMISSION. :wee:Can't believe it - my CT scans and bloods are all clear. I am to have another 12 months of a lower dose of chemo but it's only pre-cautionary as the 1st 2 years are the years that it could come back. So now I can go on my hols on Tuesday and enjoy myself even more. :D
I have been having a hard time of it diet-wise as I've put on 10lbs over the last month and he told me today that the weight gain was all chemo related and medication related. My metabolism is basically at zero now thanks to the chemo. He said that I wasn't to rush out and start dieting for at least another 3-4 months as the chemo will still be in my system. He said it could take at least 1 year for my metabolism to regulate. :eek: But my health is more important to me and I will get back on the bandwagon soon (not that I am going mad at the mo').
Chat soon ladies/gents and hope you all have a great weekend.
RB xx

Thats fantastic!! Just concentrate on getting better and worry about the weight loss plan when the doctor says so :)

Have a fantastic weekend and have a wee glass o bubbly to celebrate x

Oh wow, that's fantastic!!! You must be SO happy :D:D:D

As you say, your health is the most important thing. Look after yourself, build up your strength and the rest will follow.

I am so pleased for you and your family must be overjoyed too.

Take care, we'll see you soon, and we will still be here for you whenever you return xx

(((((( big hugs ))))))) that us so fantastic I'm so pleased :)
Best just to look after you eat healthy

What a lovely piece if news xxx

Congrats. As other have said, your health is more important, go and just have a good time on holiday and think about weight lose when you get back and the doc says its ok..

Congratulations! that is amazing news xxx

Fantatsic news!!! :D

omg i am so pleased for you hun! Just the motivation you need! excellent news congrats! :) hehe hope you have a fab weekend celebrating xxx

Back