Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Good value for points chinese dishes & sides?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Queries' started by Smallerme, 29 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Smallerme

Smallerme Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    It's my birthday, I think I'm going to have chinese takeaway for my birthday tea. Is there a good guide to the averages points, what to have, what to avoid?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ~Crooked Smile~

~Crooked Smile~ Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(24.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The "few take away PP" sticky at the top of this section has a few chinese PP on the first page.

In general;
    rice is quite high, you're best going for noodles if possible, dishes like chow mein are lowest in PP

avoid anything in batter/deep fried

soups are pretty good value

hope that helps :)

4. Smallerme

Smallerme Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    Thank you, I love chow mein so that helps. I think it might be chow mein & chicken & sweetcorn soup, yum. Washed down with lots of pimms, whoop.

5. ~Crooked Smile~

~Crooked Smile~ Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(24.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Mmmm pimms. Have you tried it with ginger ale? Love it. Or diet ginger ale, even better points wise!!

6. jellybellybeans

jellybellybeans Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    My tip is, ask for all sauces on the side. I like to order a beef or chicken dish with vegetables and just add a small portion of steamed rice and the sauce as I go.
    Happy Birthday and have a great time!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.