Step 1 Sole Source Goodbye 84kg!!!

Hi all

My name is Ash and I have been stuck on 84kg for months now. I've tried calorie counting, Slimming World, detoxes, diet pills... but I cannot get my head into a groove where I stick to the game plan. I lose some weight, get cocky, throw willpower to the wind, and low and behold, I am 84kg again. I went up to 86kg about 2 months ago and I managed to get back down to my old faithful 84kg. The thing is, I am 5ft 3in and I shouldn't be hanging out with 84kg. I need to get back to my friends in the 60s and 70s! So, lets get on with Cambridge!

I did Cambridge before in preparation for my wedding and it worked wonders- the results are incentivising, and once I am in ketosis, I don't find it hard to stick to in terms of hunger. The hardest part was getting bored... I LOVE food. I love eating it, cooking it, talking about it, watching other people cook and eat it... food is such a big part of my life. However, I am so sick of failing on the weight loss front and feeling crap about myself.

As an adult, I have never been lighter than 10st7lb (I am small but sturdy), but I was a size 10 and happy. I would ultimately love to get to 10st7lb again but I am setting myself an initial goad of 11st7lb. I looked and felt good at that weight and I was a healthy size 12. The plan is to get to 11st7lb on Cambridge and then switch to Slimming World for the final stone weight loss. I want to loss the weight and keep it off this time.

Milestone goal is to lose 1st in the next 3 weeks for a wedding- can it be done?!

If anyone is reading this, let me know your thoughts on my plan of action!

Ash

Last edited:
So had my initial WI and I am just as I thought, 13st4lbs! Picked my products for the week and now I am making my way through the first of 4 litres of my daily water intake! :cool::cool::cool:

I absolutely love my Consultant so, all in all, things are off to a positive start!

Last edited:
Hi Ash

I've got a similar amount to you to lose.

I'm 5ft 2in and initial weigh in I was 12st 11lbs. I too am aiming to get down to 10st 7lbs. Since I had my children I have never managed to get under 11st (my youngest is now 19!). I've tried WW, SW and calorie counting but lose a bit then gain more than I started with. Hopefully this will work for us, I'm a first timer on Cambridge.

Good luck with your 1st week.

Lisa

Day 3... I woke up this morning with a headache and absolutely starving!! So I decided to take a sneak peak at the scales to see if there had been any loss to warrant how I was feeling; lo and behold, I have lost 4lb and I am finally off 84kg!!! :) I know most of this loss will be water weight, but I have only been going for 2 days.

Feeling motivated, I bounced downstairs and made myself a smoothie (which I love), a cup of coffee and two paracetamol with lots of water. I then headed out for a 40 minute walk with the dog. 5 more days to official weigh in... I have got this! :)

Addendum to the above... the headache is back and I am feeling really lightheaded. Day 3 is proving to be the hardest so far, despite drinking plenty of water. Think I will SS+ this evening and have two boiled eggs with my evening meal!

Woke up today with another headache and really thirsty. I am already drinking about 4/4.5 litres a day... so not sure whether I should be drinking more? Perhaps I need to spread out the water intake a bit better throughout the day. Also, headaches could be partly attributed to an awful mattress that we need to change. The pain is always up the left hand side of my neck to my head. :(

Not quite as hungry today but still getting pangs, so not sure if I have gone into ketosis yet. I think it takes about 3/4 days, so hopefully will be in it soon. The two boiled eggs with my dinner last night really helped, so I am thinking of sticking to SS+ for most days.

Heading out now for a 30 minute walk with the dog... just wish this headache would lift.

Is anyone reading??

Headache has now lifted and I have felt really energetic all evening. I had Chicken Tikka for dinner with two eggs and salad leaves, and it was really filling. Not the most delicious meal in the world, but I am not hungry!

I am heading out for dinner tomorrow night with my husband to a sushi restaurant. I am planning to have tuna sashimi and edamame beans, which is still in keeping with the allowable foods for SS+. Determined not to be tempted by anything else!! :)

Hi Ash

I'm reading!

I'm just coming to the end of day 10. I have been to a pilates class tonight, and the instructor asked if I had lost weight - woohoo! I'm hoping that come my weigh in on Monday I will have a better loss than last week. I have stuck completely to the plan and not really had any cravings so far, just not lost much? I am determined to stick at it for at least a month.

Day 5 and another headache! Slept in this morning and didn't start drinking my water until 1pm :eek:, so that can't be helping. Meeting a friend soon for coffee, so going to take a bar with me to have with the coffee, and then enjoy my sushi later with my husband! I did plenty of housework today, so definitely got in some exercise!

Hi Ash

I'm reading!

I'm just coming to the end of day 10. I have been to a pilates class tonight, and the instructor asked if I had lost weight - woohoo! I'm hoping that come my weigh in on Monday I will have a better loss than last week. I have stuck completely to the plan and not really had any cravings so far, just not lost much? I am determined to stick at it for at least a month.

Glad someone is reading! Although, I am finding it really useful to have a diary; helps keep me focused.

That is so encouraging that other people are noticing the weight loss. I am sticking at this until I have lost at least 2st. Did you have headaches at the start?

I did have some headaches in the first week. Day 2 was the worst, I had a headache and felt very sick all day. I don't think I could have kept going if that had carried on, but since then I've just had the odd day where I've felt a bit muzzy headed, a couple of paracetamol have cleared it.

Week 1 weigh-in yesterday, and I have lost 5.5lbs! :) I also lost 9 inches all over, with 3 inches on my waist. I am very pleased with that!!

Getting stuck into week two with lots of water and light exercise!

Day 9 and no headaches!! I think I have finally gone into full ketosis as the hunger is gone and I have LOADS of energy. I am finding it hard to keep still, which is an excellent thing! Walked several places today instead of taking the car, and I have completed tasks that I kept putting off!

The only complaint is that I am getting bored... the products are fine, but I miss food. I am going to have a nosey at the recipe section for some inspiration.

Last edited:
Well done on your first week Ash, fantastic loss! It makes it all worth while doesn't it.

I agree with the boredom, I don't feel hungry but I could really enjoy some 'proper' food :)

Well done on your first week Ash, fantastic loss! It makes it all worth while doesn't it.

I agree with the boredom, I don't feel hungry but I could really enjoy some 'proper' food :)

Thanks! How are you getting on?

Hi Ash

I'm doing ok. Still not finding it too difficult, lost 7lbs in 2 weeks, but I could really sit and eat a nice meal! I am starting to notice some of my clothes feeling a little bit looser which is great.

I am really determined to stick at this, I want to be able to feel good in myself by Christmas.

Day 14 and I had an early weigh-in as I have an interview tomorrow... 4.5lbs loss! I have a wedding this Friday so going full pelt to maximise the inches!

Hope anyone reading is having a nice weekend!

Day 14 and I had an early weigh-in as I have an interview tomorrow... 4.5lbs loss! I have a wedding this Friday so going full pelt to maximise the inches!

Hope anyone reading is having a nice weekend!
Well done:0clapper:

Hi Smashleigh,

Good luck with your interview tomorrow. Well done on your weight loss keep with the plan and your weight will drop off.

I have been on Cambridge since end of July beginning of August. I have had a few weekends off due to commitments and still losing weight. My consultant has now decided to quit and the other one in the area is about half an hour drive and don’t fancy that every week so just swopped to Exante for the time being. Keep going and good luck x

Hi Smashleigh,

Good luck with your interview tomorrow. Well done on your weight loss keep with the plan and your weight will drop off.

I have been on Cambridge since end of July beginning of August. I have had a few weekends off due to commitments and still losing weight. My consultant has now decided to quit and the other one in the area is about half an hour drive and don’t fancy that every week so just swopped to Exante for the time being. Keep going and good luck x

Thank you!!

Back