Goodbye fat clothes hello slim!

Maximus

Gold Member
Man alive! talk about a double-edged sword!

Yes it is great losing weight, and even better getting clothes that fit, but a right royal pain having to replace fat ones with ones that fit lol.

Fairly recently had a splurge so seems like a double-whammy.

Difference is this time they are being thrown-out/charity binned etc. so no excuse to keep and re-visit them.

At least I've got several outfits for work and loads of new outdoor gear.

Good job it's all happening at a cheap time of year!!:p

Steve

What a great feeling!!

Car boot sales are a great way to get rid of them, if you had the room to hold on to the old clothes till the summer, a day's selling at a car-boot could give you enough for a lovely night out, or a treat of some sort!

I buy all my clothes at charity shops or boot sales and it has seen me through each size from a 26 down to a 16.

Boot sales really are a great way of selling you old clothes. It is amazing how many people are looking for larger sizes.

Well, ladies, I'm one of life's good guys, so I'd not dream of taking a penny for them. Most of them are one-offs (especially shirts) bought for nights out or meetings etc.

On the plus side, I get to keep some tremendous ties lol.

It's not easy for us blokes you know. I know we can't get excited about shopping trips as easy as the fairer sex.... mind you, it is better when stuff fits and looks nicer.

Slippery slope?

:eek:

My OH and I have been doing SW since June, he's lost 4.5 stone and I've lost 3.5 stone. He used to hate shopping and now he loves it, he comes back smiling and insists on putting his new clothes on to show me, its really lovely. :) He's gone from something like a 44 or 46 inch waist to a 32.

I've done the same, I've gone from a size 20 to a size 14. I've actually bought several of the exact same items in all 4 sizes! My favourite skirt arrived (again) yesterday in a 14 - the 20, 18 and 16 of each have all been sold on ebay. I don't get back anywhere near what I've spent on them but at least its something.

I've learned to buy clothes small - for example my winter coat was so tight when I bought it 6 weeks ago that I could only just button it and definitely couldn't wear a jumper under it, now I wear it with a thick hooded zip up top under it and its fine.

Losing weight is great, but horribly expensive on clothes. I've tried charity shops but they don't tend to have the sort of things I want to wear, plus I have to wear v smart tailored clothes for work!

Good thread. Well done Steve and all the other posters here. What a great feeling :)

I too feel a bit frustrated. I had just bought loads of clothes (over the previous 3-4 months) when I started SW and now absolutely none of them fit me. I bought new work trousers 2 months ago and even they don't fit me. I have 2 pairs now and they are just going to have to last until I get to the shops to buy more.

I might think about the car boot advice above though. I don't really mind whether I get money back for them or not but I just don't want to throw them out if they will be useful to someone else in my boat. (I am a hoarder too !)

Anyway, thanks for the advice and happy shopping Steve !

Gail x

Well done everyone! It's great you have slimmed down so much ur in new smaller sizes! I'm one of those people who buy smaller clothes in the hoped of fitting into them one day... That day has yet to come!!! But i kno it will :)

Good idea about the car boots/charity shops. I'll keep that in mind when I've done as well as u!

Cxx

Ahh yes I feel glad I started in March as I feel many of my xmas gifts are wee clothes :D

January sales shall be a blessing too, a size 10/12 blessing at that :3

i love getting bargains on ebay - i just keep buying though and not selling my old stuff.....i definately need a sort out to pass some of my old clothes onto Ebay!!! most are named brands that would make me some money -i think it will have to be my new years resolution :) !!!

x

Sounds Like a great plan to me! I might follow in ur footsteps there!
Ccxx

Im another one who is slowly thinking I might grow (or should that be shrink:p) into liking clothes shopping. At the moment Im still happier buying on line ... at my biggest I was a 32 :doh: and Im now in 18s and some 16s :bunnydance:.. I have passed on my bigger stuff on here (as soon as its too big its going then I can't "grow" back into them can I !!;))and I have been taking advantage of the sales online and now I have a wardrobe full of pretty stuff :banana dancer:...heck knows what I will be like when I hit target :eek: but it will be fun to find out..

Yes, a good idea to get rid of the bigger stuff - no temptation to "go back" lol.

I'm really glad though - I can spend best part of a day shopping now! - this is a good form of body magic and therefore another good few hours out of the house and off my butt! - win-win lol.

Back