goodbye pasta!!!!!!!!

hi i tried to find the book all that my ipad could find was the diet delusion, but will try you tube, good idea. xx

Hi Kate
Have spent most of evening listening to Gary taubes and I am amazed, and slightly maddened that the diet that we as a nation are advised to do has no research behind it!!!!!! Even OH was stunned..... He then went online to find evidence that good old Gary was insane or talking rubbish and low and behold he could find nothing x I am so taking the moral high ground!!!!! He is finding it amusing that I am so sold on a diet after 2 days, I find it amusing he can't understand why I am so excited about not weighing, pointing, or starving myself xxx

And lady you where right about the water feel much better x

Have a YouTube of the recent bbc 2 documentary - the men who made us fat. It's also completely shocking.

Hi Kate
Have spent most of evening listening to Gary taubes and I am amazed, and slightly maddened that the diet that we as a nation are advised to do has no research behind it!!!!!! Even OH was stunned..... He then went online to find evidence that good old Gary was insane or talking rubbish and low and behold he could find nothing x I am so taking the moral high ground!!!!! He is finding it amusing that I am so sold on a diet after 2 days, I find it amusing he can't understand why I am so excited about not weighing, pointing, or starving myself xxx

And lady you where right about the water feel much better x

I think you will win your OH over there Fran! :) There's just so much evidence to suggest that low carb is better for you - and you don't have to starve yourself to lose weight healthily :)

And call me Susie :)

Welcome to Atkins, you will really enjoy this way of eating and the energy and lack of craving and hunger I believe shows that it is the best way to eat. Good luck

today has been good and oh so so so bad!!!!! diet great not even feeling hungry??? norm you mention diet i would reach for a biscuit. yet today i had some scrambled eggs and sausage and still feel full no hunger at all...........

The rubbish feeling came quickly. i am coming to the end of 9 months mat leave and i weight a hell of a lot more now. Last week i tried my uniforms on i could not get them past my hips, so today i toddled of to uniform store took the babies (they are my defense mechanism, as if they explain it all without saying a word) Anyway after 2oh they are so cute2 and a few cwtchs the women in stores measured me oh the shame!!!!! my uniform is 3 sizes bigger its like a tent!!

now i know i have packed on a few ponds well a few stone to be exact but it was hellish!!!!! OH laughing at what he calls my dramatics he even said the dreaded words "what do you expect after all that cake" i have had my own back i am still wearing matty clothes (again between me and you) I have now decided to get a few wardrobe staples this weekend in my now massssssive size!!!!! he so better be prepaired was a massive hit on the cards xxxxxx

Haha on the cards - lesson in action! Dont worry about the clothes too much - at least you have found atkins and low carbing now - my DD was 7 and i was still talking about babyweight when i finally found it!
Xx

ok day 3 and things generally great, i am slightly worried people mention teeth not good when first starting (furring), my teeth feel so so smooth ???? i just used courgettes as a pasta substitute and it was great. made a garlic sauce with blue cheese cream and garlic.....the OH even asked was i doing it right tonight haha

B eggs scrambled
L chicken, bacon, mayo and spinach
D chicken, blue cheese, cream, butter, courgette and mushroom
E walking for new massive uniforms!!!!!
w lots of it (feeling really thirsty

Last edited:
Courgette pasta in blue cheese sauce is one of my favorites, delicious.

Morning, you are doing great, menus look good. About the teeth thing it does not usually kick in til day 3/4/5, along with the manky breath......such joy.

My teeth actually always feel smoother and cleaner on Atkins. Never had fuzzy teeth.

Hello fran lovely to meet you, love reading your diary, you have really made me chuckle ! I have been eating low carb since feb, I don't eat meat but do eat fish ( and plenty of it, so much so I thought I would grow fins and a tail) my losses have been slow and steady, I am almost two stone lighter which I am delighted with but the inch loss is greater and my body shape has changed dramatically. I rarely feel hungry as the food is so delicious and filling, good luck.
Just wanted to say west Wales is my favourite place, love Fishguard , Newquay and aberaaron . Good luck on your return to work, always tough after maternity leave, but just think you will never be that weight again, you are on a new exciting journey x

Voicemail message no1: Hi Fran it's Terry from the hairdressers really sorry but have to cancel your appt going on holiday etc really sorry etc etc can you please ring salon to reschedule. Thanks love you bye!
Voicemail message no.2: Hi fran it's Terry from the hairdressers. Just left you a message about your appt and think I told you I loved you at the end?? So just to say sorry because I don't actually love you... Um obviously I like you cause you're a really nice person so err sorry about that. Bye!
[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Haha funny[/FONT]

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]I have been super good (it is only week 1 mind so would be a worry if not) it was OH birthday [/FONT][FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Thursday his first as a daddy so i made a super big fuss.........even made him a cake (did not even lick spoon) [/FONT][FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif] he was well and truly spoilt, i am hoping he takes not for when its my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! I cooked for friends last night sirloin steaks all a little bit bloody yum yum and made a pepper sauce, fresh cream in the steak juice and pepper and relished with all the compliments about how good it tasted. I had the steak with a super big salad and a few mushrooms did not partake of the pasta i am so getting good at this......did miss having a glass of wine it has been over a year what with babies etc and last night i so so wanted esp as babies staying over grandmothers for first time (i am sure i am meant to be missing them more but loved the lie in) i am keeping fingers crossed for good weight loss this week x thanks to all for replying i like there are people checking up....going to have massive breakfast/brunch bacon and eggs.....one of hubbys friends has brought his new partner she is having egg white omelette and she must only be a size 8!!!!!! [/FONT]

Egg white omelette. Bleeeh.

Lol at your hairdressers message - I sometimes put kisses at the end of texts and emails to people I really don't meant to.

Hi Fran, welcome to Atkins. Your OH will get used to it and be amazed at your weight loss.

Congrats on your babies, bet they're beautiful.

Lol @ your hairdresser. That is so funny. Can see me doing something like that.

Yuck to the egg white omelette totally tasteless. :)

LMAO at the hairdresser message! :D I texted my boss the other day and xx'ed at the end without realising it - he thought it was hilarious :D

Your menus sound brilliant Fran, you are doing so very well!

Back