goodbye pasta!!!!!!!!

So guests have finally gone!!!!! Have collapsed onto a groaning sofa........there is nothing worse than a skinny person keep saying how fat they are in a room with a very obese person!!!! Well war and child poverty are a lot worse and countless other things.... I was in the verge of ramming cake into her mouth and watch her cry when she realised that the calories in it where as much as she consumed all weekend!!!!'

Have decided I will be a lot smaller the next time I meet her......xx hope you all had good weekends, sat in front of open fire now.....roll on autum my fav time of year x

franxx said:
So guests have finally gone!!!!! Have collapsed onto a groaning sofa........there is nothing worse than a skinny person keep saying how fat they are in a room with a very obese person!!!! x

I hate this, I hate it so much. My skinny as rakes friends post pictures of their meals on FB - last night it was a chicken salad - with comments like 'lol I'm such a fatty!!' and one friend will eat a bit of chocolate then talk about how huge her belly is. She's 5'9" and a size 6.

It's just so flunking rude. I sit there thinking - okay, if you're your own definition of fat then I must look like some kind of giant swamp monster in your eyes.

I know everyone feels fat sometimes. I know I have days when I feel twice the size I am and miserable about it - but having BEEN twice the size I am I would never sit in a room with someone larger than myself and complain about my own fatness. It's rude.

It's fine for people to have personal comfort levels - my mum feels fat when she hits a size 12 - but I do get upset when people join sites like this (and I saw one today so it's a bit fresh in my mind) and intro themselves with something like 'I used to be 8 stone but had a baby and gained 2 stone and now I'm a fat monster'.

It's not that only having 2 stone to lose is bad. It's great! Starting a diet when you're 2 stone overweight rather than letting it get worse is the action of a sensible person. Finding a way of eating you can keep your figure on whether you're a size 6 or a 14 is great. I just can't stand the lack of tact at insulting yourself and not realizing that you're insulting everyone bigger.

It's most often just thoughtlessness and I probably am guilt of doing it accidentally when talking about myself when I was bigger but while I may not have liked myself that size I would never ever want to hurt someone who is the size I was.

Words can cut like knives and still tense up miserably and can't speak when people around me discuss weight.

Gah sorry, I've gone off on a rant now! I hope your day tomorrow is full of loveliness and you will definitely be much slimmer next time you see her.

Hey Fran - everyone mocked me and told me it wouldn't work - well 4 weeks in 19lbs off and they are all now asking me for advice on how to do it! I have found it so good for me and these guys have been great on here - always the extra support you need. Also I noticed that since my totm actually came within 28 days and lasted the right amount of time - so it's a great diet for helping with the hormones x Good luck xxxx

This is what skinny people are good for...

Eat.jpg

And ML - I loved your rant :D I'm huge, I accept that I'm huge and Ok from time to time I try to do something about it. Slim women who talk about themselves in such denigrating body terms are probably hugely influenced by the media, etc, but they do themselves and the rest of us no favours at all. Two stone overweight is not morbidly obese!

Morning Fran - big hugs and hope all is going well xxx

Hi, I hope the diet is going well.
My sister in law is about a size 6, she wasn't always that thin, I would be afraid to hug her, I really think I would break a rib. We only see her once a year when she stays with us at the start of her family holiday. This year she also stayed with us after the 2 weeks. The first night she arrived she ate a hugh dinner, more than her husband and anyone else. My husband asked how shr ate like that and stayed so slim and she said she had a fast metabolism. Fast forward two weeks, when she arrived back she was at least a size bigger if not more......( I know we have alone

Don't know what happened there......
I know we have all put on loads of weight on hols, but I am beginning to think she might have an eating problem, because if you are naturally thin you would not put on that much weight in two weeks....

Hey Fran - everyone mocked me and told me it wouldn't work - well 4 weeks in 19lbs off and they are all now asking me for advice on how to do it! I have found it so good for me and these guys have been great on here - always the extra support you need. Also I noticed that since my totm actually came within 28 days and lasted the right amount of time - so it's a great diet for helping with the hormones x Good luck xxxx

I had the same thing, when i started atkins years ago, everyone at work had something to say, all negative, they had to comment every time i ate something i got so sick of it, the majority of them were doing slimming world and never seemed to change shape from one week to the next. After my uniform started hanging off me, all i got was, so what are you allowed to eat again...??? Then after i had lost 5 stone SILENCE!

My neices are all stick thin, always banging on about their bellies looking fat, well most of them wear dresses like sausage skin, and i have had pimples bigger than any of their bulges, makes you just want to slap some people!!! At least my sister has the decency to be fat too lol

Evening Fran - hope all going well:)

Morning fran, hope all is well with you

Back