Goodbye, to the fat lady - Sugarpuffjane

sugarpuffjane

Goodbye, to the fat lady
Hello everyone, Thought it about time I started my diary, read most of them on here and added messages on several over the past 3 months.
If you arn't too bored I will start my story! Are you sitting comfortably?
My name is Jane and I am 60 years old and started my SW journey when I walked through the doors of my brand new club weighing in at an all time high of 17st 6lb! (see profile photo!)
I have been married for 33 years and have two children who have left the nest, but return for mum's Sunday roasts!
I have battled with my weight since my early twenties when I weighed about 10 stone. When I married I weighed 13 stone and to be honest it has gone up and down since then. Tried most diets, Weight Watchers, Rosemary Conley, Slimming Magazine and many fad diets! I have done Slimming world before but after losing about 15 lb I get complacent and give up. This time I shall get there, come hell or high water!! Since joining I have lost 23.5 lb which I am delighted with. I love the compliments that I have received and want more!!! I recently had a heart scare which resulted in a MIR cardiac san in the London Heart hospital, thankfully they proved negative . I realised that my weight was not helping and HAD to do something about it. I am trying to follow the Extra Easy plan as this one was not available when I tried before. I like the idea of having things like meat veg and potatoes all on one plate!!! Towrads the end of today I will post my days menu . Any comments are gratefully recieved!!! Speak to you all soon. Good luck everyone. Jane xx

Monday 18th April

Drinks during the day: I cup of tea with a splash of milk for breakfast, 1 litre of flavoured sparkling water.

Breakfast

2 eggs and 2 lean rashers of bacon made into an omelette using Fry light

Mid morning:
Strawberries, blueberries raspberries and blackberries covered in Muller Lite Vanilla

Lunch

Chicken & Ham salad, with lettuce, cucumber, red onion, tomato, radish, red pepper with Fat Free Vinaigrette

Snack :
Hi Fi bar around 8.00 pm (HEb) 2 slices of Low Low Cheese (HEa)

Dinner

Salmon, asparagus and new potato salad, from the new SW magazine. Only difference is I ate it hot without the lettuce and it was lovely. Was going to add a photo for this but I was half way through eating it when I remembered!!!!

TOTAL SYNS: My syns will be spent on tipples of gin and slimline tonic !!!!!.

Hi Jane, you've done really well so far-hope I can do as well-only started a week ago and can't believe how much I can eat!!
Look forward to reading more of your diary.
Helen.x

Tuesday 19th April

Drinks during the day: I cup of tea with a splash of milk for breakfast, 1 litre of flavoured sparkling water.

Breakfast

28g Special K with raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries with fat free natural yogurt

Lunch

Salmon, new potatoes, asparagus & broccoli with tbsp low fat crème fresh and tsps. Basil sauce.

Snack :
Hi Fi bar around 8.00 pm (HEb) portion of lime sugar free jelly!

Dinner

Slices of roast beef leftover from Sunday, warmed through with gravy. New Potatoes and half packet of Sainsbury’s Green Medley vegetables.

TOTAL SYNS: My syns will be spent on a gin and slimline tonic.

Wednesday 20th April – Weigh in day – Lost 2LB !!! + Club 10!!

Breakfast

28g Special K, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries & blurberries with fat free natural yogurt

Mid morning:
Apple

Lunch (eaten early as I my hair done at 1.15 and was working from 3.30 to 7.30)

Sainburys, green medley vegetables (from yesterday) lamb mince, onion, carrots, peas, celery, gravy made from Bisto Lamb Gravy Granules. Mash made from swede a carrot mix and mashed potato.

Snack :
Hi Fi bar around 8.00 pm (HEb)

Dinner (eaten after Slimming World club around 9.00)

All the ingredients I had for lunch made into a Shepherds Pie

TOTAL SYNS: A couple of gin & slimline tonic to celebrate Club 10!!

congratulations

Well done on your club 10. Have you found that it helps writing on here what you eat? I have been going to SW for about a year and lost nearly a stone but have not lost anything for nearly 3 months (not been sticking to it). I wondered if i wrote it on the site it might encourage me to think about what i was eating.

Sonya:talk017:

Well done on your club 10. Have you found that it helps writing on here what you eat? I have been going to SW for about a year and lost nearly a stone but have not lost anything for nearly 3 months (not been sticking to it). I wondered if i wrote it on the site it might encourage me to think about what i was eating.

Sonya:talk017:

Hi Sonya, Thanks for reading my diary. Yes indeed I find it helps to write things down and also to read others diaries which gives me inspiration motivation and ideas on what to eat!!!!:)

Had a lovely day in London with my family. We went to the Titanic Exhibition at the O2 which is well worth a visit!! Used my pedometer and walked over 12,000 steps!!!!

Friday 22nd April – Good Friday

Drinks during the day: Bottle of water (not enough for the day!!)

Breakfast

Used the leftover mash potatoes and green vegetables from yesterday to make ‘bubble & squeak’ patties using an egg to bind then fried in fry lite. Bacon & eggs.

Lunch in a Harvester in the O2 London
Lamb steak with new potatoes and peas with crème fraiche and parley sauce.

Unlimited salad as usual for Harvesters!!!
2 gin & slimline tonics

Tea ( can’t really call this dinner!)
4 Finn Crisp crackers with marmite and 2 slices of Low Low cheese with sliced tomato!
Treat as it is Good Friday
Be good to yourself Hot Cross Bun toasted with low fat spread.

TOTAL SYNS: 2 more gin & slimline tonic

Friday 22nd April – Good Friday

Drinks during the day: Bottle of water (not enough for the day!!)

Breakfast

Used the leftover mash potatoes and green vegetables from yesterday to make ‘bubble & squeak’ patties using an egg to bind then fried in fry lite. Bacon & eggs.

Lunch in a Harvester in the O2 London
Lamb steak with new potatoes and peas with crème fraiche and parley sauce. Unlimited salad as usual for Harvesters!!! 2 gin & slimline tonics

Tea ( can’t really call this dinner!)
4 Finn Crisp crackers with marmite and 2 slices of Low Low cheese with sliced tomato!
Treat as it is Good Friday
Be good to yourself Hot Cross Bun toasted with low fat spread.

TOTAL SYNS: 2 more gin & slimline tonic

I don't know how I posted my diiary TWICE!!! I honestly didn't eat twice the amount !!

Hey stranger :wavey:
Just found your diary Sugar, will come back and read all later ;) Time to prepare fodder for the hordes :D
Mo x

Hope you're ok Jane, I notice it's been a few weeks since you posted on here ;) In case you're not ok :hug99:
Mo x

Back