Gossip Girls Low Carb Diary!

GossipGirlxoxo

Hello all!

Well here I am again on Atkins! I have been swinging between Weight Watchers and Atkins for 6 Months but realized Atkins is the only way for me. I did Atkins back in 2009 and lost 20 kilos. 2 years later and a baby saw me put 10 kilos back on.
I now want to lose 20 kilos by December when I go back to Australia for Christmas.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Day 1

Breakfast
3 x scrambled eggs

Lunch
Cheese
Crab sticks with mayo

Dinner
Chicken breast with spices
Salad of lettuce, cucumber and little tomato
Salad of sweet corn and tuna
Cheese - bega and brie

Day 2

Breakfast
3 x scrambled eggs with butter

Lunch
4 slices salami
Crab Sticks and mayo
Cheese - piece of brie
Diet coke

Dinner
Mince
Sweetcorn Salad
Broadbean Salad

Will have to stay away from MIL's salads from now on! Want a good loss this week!

Last edited:
Hiya Gossip and welcome

Your menu looks good. Some people stall on diet coke (it's the citric acid), some don't - just keep an eye on it. Ditto cheese.

Hi gossip girl - be careful with sweetcorn, it's actually banned on atkins as it's very high carb.

Hi Rosebug - Yes, I know. Unfortunately my MIL prepared it and I had to eat some to be polite. I figure its better than the baguette that was offered to me too but declined :)

Ladyfelsham - Thanks for the welcome! When I did Atkins last time I lost 25 kilos and drank diet coke and ate more cheese than allowed and still had a good loss every week. I dont want to tempt the opposite though and will cut down.

I sometimes have salads with a little sweetcorn in - if I'm grabbing something out and can't find without. A little at your MiLs shouldn't be a problem (and definitely better than a baguete!) it's just that someone might read, think it's okay and have a whole can. I used to be addicted to sweetcorn myself, sob. So good choice and all the rest looks fab.

25 kilos? Amazing!

Oh a new diary, Hi GG and welcome to our little forum.

Those crab sticks are not good either, they're more carby than you'd think, mainly starches. see

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 stick
Amount Per Serving
Calories 26Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.0g0%
Total Carbohydrates 3.6g1%
Protein 2.5g

Thanks for the info Jim! The ones in Paris are alot less carby.... 5 g of net carbs for 100 grams. I only have a couple so I think it's ok. I will have to avoid them in London when I'm there if they are so carby.
I read somewhere that you grew up in Germany? I lived in Berlin for 5 years! One of my favourite cities!

Day 3

Breakfast
Starbucks coffee with sugarfree syrup
2 fried eggs, 3 slices of bacon, mushrooms and tomato

Lunch
Green salad with cucumber, feta and dressing

Snack
Slice of ham

Dinner
Green salad with carrot, cucumber, feta
Cheese
Coke zero

Last edited:
Hi GG nice to meet you :)

Nice to meet you too Kat!

Day 4

Breakfast
2 eggs, 3 slices of bacon, mushrooms and tomato

Snack
Slice of ham
Coke zero

Lunch
Green salad with carrot, tomato, dressing
2 slices of chicken

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Jim! The ones in Paris are alot less carby.... 5 g of net carbs for 100 grams. I only have a couple so I think it's ok. I will have to avoid them in London when I'm there if they are so carby.
I read somewhere that you grew up in Germany? I lived in Berlin for 5 years! One of my favourite cities!

Yes GG, I was an Army brat, and then a soldier myself for 25 years. I lived in Berlin as a child as well

Jim - Wow, exciting childhood. We travelled alot too for my fathers work. However Germany was my choice as I went to Berlin to study.

I liked Berlin, I was never stationed there when I was in, but did many a Rugby tour there. I'd love to see it now the wall is down and Germany is reunified.

Hi all!

Been busy over the weekend with a poorly baby who had an ear infection. I'm proud to say I only fell off the wagon once and it was kinda planned weeks ago so I didn't feel too bad.
Now I am sick and not too hungry.

Breakfast
Chicken slice and green tea

Lunch
Big green salad, 3 slices chicken, tomato, feta and carrot

Dinner
2 x boiled eggs with mayo
Green Salad with balsalmic vingerette

Didnt eat enough today but will make up for it tomorrow!

Last edited:
Hope you feel better soon

Weigh in Day today! I am down 4 pounds!!! So pleased :)

Breakfast
2 fried egg, bacon, mushrooms, and tomatos.

Good for you, well done GG, that's good to hear

Well just found out that my husband and I are expecting our second child! Our son his only 9 months old so it was all a shock :) we are very happy though :)

So I am going to continue low carbing but follow the ww approach as i won't make it through the pregnancy without some chocolate. Plus I have read that being in ketosis is very unsafe for baby.

Thanks for support x

Going to be like my pair then GG, 17 months apart :)

Back