Got a job

Only just seen this - well done BL! So pleased you've got a job - maybe not perfect but as you say it'll pay the bills and make you more attractive for other employers if it doesn't work out for you.

Love the new photo!

Well, I was offered a job this morning.

I knew I would be offered it, and it was probably the least exciting of all - but its a job, and unfortunately I don;t have the time or resources to be choosy.

It means a commute by train probably to Brighton. That will be a new experience, and I like the sound of that.

Its not a dream job. Its just more of the same - but I can relax and know I have something. And I will continue looking.

It should start next week, and it's slightly more then wat I was on now (just 3K annually - but more is better then less - 910.00 of that spent on the rail, roughly - so slighlty better off, which is a plus.)

Anyway - I can relax now. I can't jump for joy, but I will jump for security. ;)

:)

In this climate with the recession BL you have done very well to secure it. Besides now that you are employed you can sit snug and look for other jobs later on :)

Yay for you :)

Thanks Somewhere. :)

I just got my start details - I start Monday. I only just now found out, I am actually employed by the AGENCY, and not the company.

Looks like no paid bank holidays uinless I use a days leave. Not happy with that, and there are a few otehr things I am not sure about, so very well may just be a stop gap for now, but as you say, it will get osme money coming in.

Good luck to you too - any more leads for you?

Thanks Somewhere. :)

I just got my start details - I start Monday. I only just now found out, I am actually employed by the AGENCY, and not the company.

Looks like no paid bank holidays uinless I use a days leave. Not happy with that, and there are a few otehr things I am not sure about, so very well may just be a stop gap for now, but as you say, it will get osme money coming in.

Good luck to you too - any more leads for you?

Hmm, yeah I nearly fell for that a couple of years ago: the salary was £5k higher than my old job but by the time I'd deducted the B/Hs, the week of leave extra in my old job and the difference in mileage paid for travel expenses it wasn't worth it. But keep looking and keep applying while you bide your time with this job.

I applied for a temporary post (3 months) at a lower level than I used to work at, but hoping I can find something else after, or use it as a way to access "internal applicants only" vacancies - it's NHS. Closing date is 16th Feb.

Good luck BL

Wishing you well for Monday.I know it's not your dream job, but hey, there are so many people not able to get a job at all at he moment, so well done you.I hope you've had a good week-end.
PM on the way to you.xxxxx

Well damn. I got my induction packet, and it's confirmed - I am not emplyed by the bank, but I am a temporary worker for the agency.

That was NOT clearly explained to me in the assessment, so I am a little annoyed about that as I have since had 3 calls from other recruiters for good permanent positions!!!

One concern, is the wage is now not what I thought as Somewhere said, deducting all the bank hols brings the salary right down.

But my biggest concern, is there is no sick pay....and with my neck troubles, that is going to hurt.

SO - definately still on the market, looking again, for a job. I am going to start this one, and I know it will get awkward when I find something and leave, but hey ho - gotta do what I gotta do, right?

Damn.

I have emailed the three who called me, and hope they will still agree to see me.

Argh. I just wish I were independantly wealthy. :D

So - back to it - if anyone hears of anything in Sussex give us a shout!! :)

xx

I know you'll find something more suitable soon BL! And maybe the firm'll take you on themselves with better T&Cs?

I know you'll find something more suitable soon BL! And maybe the firm'll take you on themselves with better T&Cs?

Yes, I conisdered that. I don;t know if its best to approach them with those possibilities right at the start? I wil be happy enough in the job long term-(11 month contract) - but would be hapier with full pay and bennies of course.

Do you think I should ask them about that sooner, or later?

What a shame that it's not as you thought. I'd be highly annoyed if it wasn't made clear from the outset that you'd be employed by the agency.

I'd start the job, see the other agencies and find out how the job is and how the land lies and then ask them about a permanent position once you've had chance to settle in a bit.

I wouldn't worry about leaving if you find something better - you're employed by the agency and it's their employment you'd be leaving. They haven't shown you that much respect to warrant your loyalty!

congrats on the contract, hope it goes permenant for you soon :)

I'd give it a couple of weeks to see how you like it/them and they like you...but keeping looking for other opportunities in the meantime.

Well, how did it go? Anyupdate?
What about thew journey, clothes, train, rain, webbed feet etc.
I too went to work in Brighton on the train.
Going over to 3 things that made me smile in a minute.
Dying to know about your job.........xx
Not going to the pub, but am going to WI in about an hour.

Spill the beans BL - have you taken over the company yet?

Hi ladies

Not much to spill I am afraid - typical first day - overload of information, lots of videos, couple quizes, and I am knackered!

(So I will be staying in tonight SB - good luck, and give my love to all that want it!! :D)

Journey was fine - yes - I am soaked. lol Not too bad in the morning, but now - I squish when I squash!!

I emailed 2 of the 3 people who I turned down interviews with and explained I was reconsidering if the positions are still available and they are, and they would like to see me and/or do a telephone interview......only challenge now is to find a time to call them! But I will!

Knackered - so going to go have a bite, a bath and a chilled night.

THanks for asking :)

SB - hope you are still enjoying your new position- sounded like you do! :)

nite nite!

x

Back