Got my wrist tat

Thanks all, im defo getting some cream for back as was going to get my back tattoo done in las vegas the day before we come home but dunno now lol :D

Eek i wouldnt get one done in vegas, i went in april and went to a famous tattooist in on of the hotels on the strip and asked for a star no bigger then a coffee coster and it was going to cost me $390!!!!!

May be its just been been a typical yorkshire person (tight lol) but i wasnt spending that!!!!

Can i give everyone a tip as well - the choice is entirely yours but i would never recommend going to a tattooist where you can just 'walk in' pick something off the wall and get a tatt there and then.

Accredited and professional tattooists normally have a waiting list and you have to book in with them and spend time discussing your design, positioning, colour scheme etc.

Normally, when you can just get a 'walk in' appointment its usually because they are not a busy studio. This is a warning sign already because if they were popular artists they would have a regular stream of clients on their books and not be sat round waiting for business.

Without sounding patronising, tatt's are there for life and if you want something original and unique, please spend time and put some thought into your chosen design rather than just picking something off the Flash sheets on the wall. Why have a tattoo that 100 other people have got as well?

Anyway - good luck in everyone's inky quests ;)

Love it! I want another tat but not sure where! I'd love a wrist or ankle one but not brave enough - so well done you!

It's great! x

I think its super cute, :) you should be pleased!!

& i agree with gymclassheros advise, dont soak, just clean gently!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BTW totally agree with Gymclasshero.. shes speaking sence! if you can walk in, then you shoudl ask yourself.. why arnt they busier? xx

BTW totally agree with Gymclasshero.. shes speaking sence! if you can walk in, then you shoudl ask yourself.. why arnt they busier? xx

Maybe everyone is feeling the pinch and spending less on body mods, so the studio isn't maxed out?

But yeah, I'd say pick someone that only takes bookings, if for no other reason than you'll be less inclined to be impulsive and make a poor choice which you may regret later...

I have a daisy chain going right around my wrist and I can't remember it hurting anymore than any other tattoos I have. The risk you run of having in water a lot is that the colour will fade quicker so maybe until it has healed you could wear rubber gloves to wash up. I have had mine about 8 years now and the colour is still fine. I personally don't believe in numbing creams etc but everyone is different and you have to do what suits you.

Thanks all for your wonderful advice.

No i was thinking when i arrive that day at vegas to go into the tattoo shop at mandalay bay and i think there is one at the mirage and i have an idea what i want and was going to see if they could do what i want the day before i come home, im there for a week, but if its expensive as ive been told roughly 250-300 including a coverup too so i no roughly what to expect, but the tat ive seen is only in one tattoo shop on the wall and i cant find it anywhere grrrrrr.

This tat i went last week and put deposit down and a guy drew it so i no its not of the wall and he didnt have appointments till tuesday when i got it done, and i would defo go there again :D

Thanks again all :D

Back