got the biggest stomach ache ever

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Fatty_no_more, 17 September 2007 Social URL.

1. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Slimming world
    its travelling all round my chest and in my stomach and i am in so much pain.
    Anyone else had this?
    I have even drunk my 4 litres of water.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Could be gas (can be very painful and can travel around the back and everything) .... have you been drinking fizzy water?
  4. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

I've only ever had that when I overdid it on the water flavourings - have you been drinking a lot of them?
  5. Fatty_no_more

Slimming world
    no i have just drunk water, had my normal shake for breakfast and bar for llunch.
    Havent drunk fizzy water as i dont like it and cant afford the water falvourings.
    appraently i look like death warmed up.
    I am a bit scared.
  6. Madam Mimm

Madam Mimm Full Member

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. Do you reckon it's linked to the spotting you started a thread about earlier? Maybe you're experiencing chronic period pains? I know you said you're not due, but this diet plays havoc with your body!
  7. Fatty_no_more

Slimming world
    it very well could be.
    I hadnt thought of that.
    I am having to wear a sanitary towel as its getting heavier but not a proper period but it also feels like trapped wind.
    wahts the best thing to take/ I think i have stuff for ibs?
  8. KittyB

KittyB Gold Member

I can sympathise. I feel exactly the same today :( I've just put it down to a bug or trapped wind.

Hope you are feeling better soon

K xxx
  9. NetNet

NetNet Full Member

I haven't started LL yet, I get my packs tomorrow night and start on Wednesday, so I don't know the ins and outs yet but are you allowed to take such things as Rennies or Remegel Wind Relief. I have found that Remegel is very good for trapped wind etc.
  10. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Obviously my advice is not designed to replace any medical advice but here goes...the primary part of it is -

In the morning call LL medical (number is in your literature and on the website) get their opinion. Minimins is not a replacement for that service that you pay for as a LighterLifer, we only have our experience to go by - your counsellor and LL medical should always be your first ports of call (unless your medical problem is very serious in which case it should be your GP)

Right - with that in mind and the medical disclaimers in place ;) , here's my take on it...(oh and do remember that I am a LL hardass!)

Remember that your body can be tricksy and will try anything to get you to break abstinence - some people find the packs very rich and have issues adjusting to digesting them for the first few weeks - a lot of us had chocolate waterfalls and cramps in the first few weeks (some of us get this when we overindulge in water flavourings too, but I didn't drink the flavourings for the first few weeks) - You should not take any medicine on LL that isn't your normal painkiller or prescribed by a GP - anything else is self-medication - something you are trying to get out of the habit of on LL.

Hope that helps and I hope your tummy gets better - but mine was quite gripy at the beginning, yes.
  11. Fatty_no_more

Slimming world
    hi all.
    I took some Ibuscopan for IBS and went to sleep as it started to ease it.
    To be honest regardless of if i wasnt allowed it on LL i dont care. I was in so much pain i was nearly cryign and i dont do crying!
    Mind you as we speak my tummy is gumbling really hard core :(

got to leave for work soon so hope its not too bad on the trains lol.
  12. SandraEG

SandraEG Full Member

Lighter Life
    Have you been doing regular bowel motions? I have had quite severe constipation at times and that can be really painful - although never in my chest. I now use psyllium husk capsules to stay regular.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.