Gp expectation of weight loss

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Hi guys I'm due to go back to my gp this week after a month of xen - just wondering what my gp will have expected me to have lost!!

I've certainly had no 10lb losses!!?? Xx

Hi, i thought it was round about 3kgs (6lbs)ish that they were looking at for a month on Xen. Some of the others may be a bit more clued up on it, but any loss is a bonus though.

I'm back to my doctors next wednesday but can't see my regular doc, so i'm just hoping the scales throughout the surgery are all calibrated at the same time !!! or not too far from my scales. I suppose theres a freak chance that it might register a bigger loss lol!!

Mandy

I go and get weighed once a fortnight at the docs snd they seem happy that I've lost 14 lb since the end of April . Long may it continue

I think most docs, ask for a couple of kilos in loss a month, something around 4-7lbs a month, usually it works out as 1.5-2lbs a week as that's the recommended healthy weight loss..

Mandy, if you've got a boots electronic scale it could be worth you going on that before your appointment.. My weigh in this month was a disaster..the doctor i've been going to the last few months weighed me in at 2lbs more last month, then when I went to my docs check on Monday, it was with Dr Misery, and her scales are out those 2lbs, so it looked like I hadnt lost anything because of those stupid scales :-(

I'm just worried I know itll weigh me in 2kgs less at least but I was kinda hoping for 3!! I just don't want her to be like ooo you've by lost a big number! You know?!

It's my fault for having a stupid gain last week!! And I'm sure I'd be on target if I went to the docs on Monday but my tabs will run our thur!! So thy reduces me by 3 days :(

I'm so worried!!! :( xx

I'm just worried I know itll weigh me in 2kgs less at least but I was kinda hoping for 3!! I just don't want her to be like ooo you've by lost a big number! You know?!

It's my fault for having a stupid gain last week!! And I'm sure I'd be on target if I went to the docs on Monday but my tabs will run our thur!! So thy reduces me by 3 days :(

I'm so worried!!! :( xx

:hug99:C'mon hun, try not to worry, it's not good for us when we're already stressed through trying to stay on track. We're only human hun, and a slip is just that, a slip and I'm sure your doc will understand that..plus your losses have been brilliant, she has no reason to doubt you can't do this..because you can and you've proven that hun! :)

I know but I worry she won't see it as just one week bc it's only an assessment over 4 weeks whereas 1 week outta say 10 is no where near as bad!! As 1 outta 4!!! Ugh stress!!!

Lol x

I'm sure they are just looking for a loss, which you have achieved. I personally think the GP is likely to give anyone a stern talking to before just withdrawing the pills, I think if they weren't pleased, it's for them to tell us and give us a warning that they expect more weight loss or will withdraw the pills. But I'm sure you are going to be fine, so try not to worry, as stress tends to lead to overeating! x

5% in 3 months is what the leaflet says xx

Oh ok! Well I've lost over 10% of my starting weight but need to find out what 10% of my xen start weight is :s thanks guys x

Back