GP tomo- lots pf pain now!

Sez

has started again!!
I posted a while ago about an odd lump that had appeared on my ankle, just above my foot on the front. Well, its been there for two weeks now, hasnt gone away and has worsened. It seems much worse at the end of the day, after I have been stood all day.

My whole ankle is swollen tonight, got little creases in it and the lump itself id red & hot to the touch. My foot keeps getting pins n' needles and my lower leg is feeling odd too.

I HATE visiting the GP, prob a hang up from the days I found every smallest ailment was blamed on my obesity. Just NEVER go, but DH convinced me I should do it this time, so my appt is 8.40am tomo. (Lucky, as I only called at 5.45 tonight!)

I am so scared and worried that yet another issue will be blamed on my weight. I havnt seen my gp since last year when I had to be signed on to LL, at a weight of over 20st. Now I am still obese, at 13 st 10lb.

Need a hug please, going into panic meltdown here guys!:wave_cry:

your worried your doctor might give you a hard time and blame this on your weight? despite the fact the last time he saw you, you weighed 7 stone more than you do now??? No way will he behave in the way you expect.

Hope it isn't too much to worry about. Let us know as soon as you can

Thanks Dancing! Have always been like this over GP visits, unless its for the kids then no prob at all. Guess old paranoia's die hard!

Sounds like a gangolin from what you have said hun. My mum had one in a similar spot, as did DH who is super slim (we look like Jack Sprat and his missus ;) )

I don;t think they are weight related!

Sounds like a gangolin from what you have said hun. My mum had one in a similar spot, as did DH who is super slim (we look like Jack Sprat and his missus ;) )

I don;t think they are weight related!

I did wonder about these, but I thought they were only on hands! Thanks for info!

Sez....you're 7 stone smaller than last time you saw him!!!! Kick him in the head (with your good foot) if he doesn't give you a 'well done':eek:

I'm no doctor...but I have one of 'those' lumps (might be the same!!!) in the same place, size of a small marble, aches if I have been on my feet all day/gym/walking!

It (well mine anyway) is a Ganglion(sp?).

It comes and goes when it chooses....If I remember rightly it is when the fluid in the tendon bulges. It is not harmful and they will trat it by draining it but only if it is troubling you more than not as the treatment can aggrivate it.....anyway as I said I am not a Dr....I'll see if I can find a link on the net for ya...(i'm in geek mode tonight:rolleyes:)

XX

Please don't panic. You have succeeded to lose a huge amount of weight and if your GP still blames everything on your weight (despite the fact that you are probably about the national average weight wise ) then it's obvious that your weight is not the problem, it is your GP's competence.
Good lick, hope it gets sorted
Ceri

You lot are fab!! I feel more confident now! Just googled ganglion.....ooh yuk!!

I am doing Race for Life on Sunday so whatever this thing is, its not going to make me stop that!!! (NEVER would have even contemplated it before... so chuffed I am doing it this year!)

I bet your doctor will be pleased with your weight. Only you know that you have gained a little.

You should take your race for life form and get him to sponsor you.

I too avoid going to the docs as everything seems to be related to my weight as far as he is concerned.

Jac

I bet your doctor will be pleased with your weight. Only you know that you have gained a little.

You should take your race for life form and get him to sponsor you.

I love this idea!!!! LOL!!

I too avoid going to the docs as everything seems to be related to my weight as far as he is concerned.

Yet, I get the impression that if it was smoking or booze we had problems with, we would be offered all sorts of help!!

Jac

Any hoo, BB is just starting, so , sad muppet that I am, I am off to bed to put my feet up and watch self indulgent TV!! Dh is at movies (Indiana) with son, so put DD to bed and off we go!!!!!!

You're supposed to hit ganglions with a bible!;) Well, according to urban myth, anyway!

No, seriously, The choices are leave it and see if it resolves in a few weeks, put ibuprofen gel on it, have it aspirated by a gp/podiatrist, possibly have it strapped to stop it refilling, or have it surgically removed (last resort). In my experience, one of the main things is not to wear shoes that cut across it.

Be warned though, recurrance is high. Oh, and obviously get a diagnosis first, it may not be a ganglion at all. It would be an unusual place to have one, on the ankle.

Hi everyone that supported me! Went to GP this am, not a mention of weight!!!!

He is convinced it is an insect bite, even tho I have no recall of being bitten at all. It is still very swollen, red and inflamed & hot to the touch. I am now on double strength anti-biotics, and to cap it all I got a tetanus, polio & diptheria shot as he realised I hadnt had one for 24 years!!!!!

Feeling pretty rough now, but think thats the anti-bi's! Planning a lazy night even tho Fridays = housework in this house!!!

Have a good eve all!!

Did he not even mention your weight loss? Did heknow you before?

I cant belive he didnt even mentioned it! You deserve HUGe congratulations and for a GP or all people.....Prat!

Did he not even mention your weight loss? Did heknow you before?

I cant belive he didnt even mentioned it! You deserve HUGe congratulations and for a GP or all people.....Prat!

TBH, it was a diff GP than the one I am registered with, so maybe he doesnt remember me before (altho I have seen him on occasion.) Must have been on my computer record tho, that I had a BMI of 48 in Feb last year!!!! After all, he managed to find that my last tetanus jab was 24 years ago!!!! LOL!!!

glad it isn't anything to worry about

Thanks Dancing! Still pretty painful, should be resting leg but you know what its like.....;)

Taken a couple of the horse pills so far, another in a while, so hopefully they will begin to take effect soon!

Thanks again for the great support yesterday, it really helped!

you could keep it elevated while you are sitting down as that may help the inflammation.
Will do, he told me to keep it up as much as poss today. I laughed and said the class full of 27 6yr olds would just love that !!!
He has given you antibiotics - no antihistamines though? Oh well, he is the doctor.
No, no anti-histamines at all. Hopefully the anti-bi's will do the trick fast enough.
Hope it is much better in the morning

So do I!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone that supported me! Went to GP this am, not a mention of weight!!!!

He is convinced it is an insect bite, even tho I have no recall of being bitten at all. It is still very swollen, red and inflamed & hot to the touch. I am now on double strength anti-biotics, and to cap it all I got a tetanus, polio & diptheria shot as he realised I hadnt had one for 24 years!!!!!

Feeling pretty rough now, but think thats the anti-bi's! Planning a lazy night even tho Fridays = housework in this house!!!

Have a good eve all!!

hiya

glad u eventually went to see about it, that was one of the things that i thought it may be. Depends on what bit you as to whether you felt it or not.

Its good that it has been caught before it started 'tracking' (red line travelling from the site of the bite)

hope the antibiotics get you sorted out soon x

debs x

Glad you're OK. antibiotics should sort you out. :) hope you feel better today xx

Which antibiotics are you taking? Some do not go with milk and have to be taken an hour before your shake or an hour after. Others need to be taken with your shake?

Back