Grab and go on a budget? advice sought

justjudith

*waves hello*
Me and money do not mix so for the last 1.5 weeks I have been without any cash and using up all the food in the cupboard.... I haven't stuck to plan as I didn't have the foods in to stick to plan.... mind you if I never see another tin of chickpeas again it'll be too soon...

Well tomorrow I am getting some money.

I am looking for advice on a couple of things...

a) any ideas on how to make sure I buy good food and not junk food?

b) any ideas as to cheap easily got items that are either free or low in syns... I live out of the way of supermarkets and the like .... but guess I could get some more exercise and go to Lidle's once in a while.

I don't want to put on last weeks weight loss but.... I also know that if I head into the local shop for a diet drink those chocolates will be calling my name out loud again!

All budget ideas more than welcome.

I am mainly a green girl but occassionally like to throw in a red day just for a change (haven't got my head round eXtra Easy yet)

Thanks in advance

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

justjudith said:
Me and money do not mix so for the last 1.5 weeks I have been without any cash and using up all the food in the cupboard.... I haven't stuck to plan as I didn't have the foods in to stick to plan.... mind you if I never see another tin of chickpeas again it'll be too soon...

Well tomorrow I am getting some money.

I am looking for advice on a couple of things...

a) any ideas on how to make sure I buy good food and not junk food?

b) any ideas as to cheap easily got items that are either free or low in syns... I live out of the way of supermarkets and the like .... but guess I could get some more exercise and go to Lidle's once in a while.

I don't want to put on last weeks weight loss but.... I also know that if I head into the local shop for a diet drink those chocolates will be calling my name out loud again!

All budget ideas more than welcome.

I am mainly a green girl but occassionally like to throw in a red day just for a change (haven't got my head round eXtra Easy yet)

Thanks in advance

If you use the search, there have been a few posts lately about the same thing x HTH x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Hi thanks for that!

I have seen many posts about how to do SW on a budget but not when it comes to snacks and things to get from the corner shop. Some of us are not blessed with cars or local hypermarkets.... or fridges come to that...

I want ideas of stuff to eat "on the hoof" ~ even my local Tesco Express only does bananas cheap and apples by the half dozen ~ thats the fruit section done.... veg is worse ~ Oh i might be able to get a jacket potato with cottage cheese if they are fully stiocked but apart from that.... I haven't got a clue...

Ah well.... it was worth asking!

Could you not have home delivery. You could stock up on the non-perishable items so that you meet minimum delivery amounts.

Do supermarket not deliver to you? I know they charge a delivery but it's about £3 which is far more than what I save in not buying crap while Im there in person! As well as in bus fares! (I dont have a car either).

I wouldn't go to the corner shop for snacks tbh - a) I dont need as I buy snacks for the week in with my shopping b) I would inevitably buy all sorts of cr@ppe that I dont need if I let myself go there c) a lot of it is more expensive there anyway

Back