Graduation and Beyond!

Jamesie

Seeing as I don't get much opportunity to sleep during the night, I thought I would start this weight loss diary to keep me motivated!

I recently finished university but my graduation doesn't happen until January (bit of a silly reason as to why that is, but never mind!), so with that major event in mind, I reckon I should get going on slimming down :)

I've been doing well recently (15.5lbs in three weeks), but - knowing this from having done diets before - I begin to self-sabotage a few weeks into a plan. Any tips on how to overcome this? After doing a degree and getting a first, this should really be a doddle for me but it seems like this is one challenge that I am really struggling to overcome.

I wish I'd slimmed for my graduation, it was seeing those pictures that kicked my butt into gear. They best way i've found for self sabotage is to allow yourself a treat occasionally, flexi syn if you have too, but if you feel the need to have a fancy meal or whatever allow yourself on that one night. This weekend I was worrying because I had a meal out AND had Mcd's TWICE the next day, but i still lost, may have only be half a pound but i still lost, and allowing myself that bit of naughtiness but getting straight back on plan next day didnt do to much damage if any (as 0.5 or 1lb is kind of a standard loss for me), so all i can say is allow yourself it if you really think you want it, but you have to really really need that bit of off plan time, but then get straight back on, should help with the self sabotage, if that makes sense.

Good luck :)

Same with me, I wish Id lost weight for my graduation. You will see those photos for ever, your kids and grandkids will see them. I was shocked and so sad about mine, don't let that happen to you.

My recent thing is when I want something naughty thinking if I want it enough that Ill be ok with a STS or a GAIN when I step on the scales. The answer isn't often yes lol. It goes back to what do you want more the naughty or to be slimmer.

Like Ally said if you have something coming up enjoy it, plan for it its meant to be a way of life more than a diet x

Well, it's not been a bad couple of days recently.

Had some KFC and was within my syns (had popcorn chicken with large beans), plus, I decided that the WW sausages really weren't for me - what an odd taste!

I went to the cinema last night to watch 'World War Z' - which is rather good, by the way! - and I didn't have anything from the foyer! No popcorn, no ice cream, no pick 'n' mix - nothing! But...whenever I saw someone with a big cone of ice cream, or a giant hot dog, or a plate of nachos (which I don't even like!), I was looking at their food like I was in love hahaha

Got my WI tomorrow, so hopefully I'll yield a better result than last week.

I don't like the ww sausages either, prefer the Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary ones over them, an i don't even usually like vegetarian stuff, but they beat any of the low Syn sausages.

Well, weigh-in has come and gone...and I lost 4lbs!

Also, I got Slimmer of the Week AND Slimmer of the Month for July - majorly pleased :-D

Got a membership at Pure Gym tonight too, so I'll be getting on with that from next week.

Back