Graham - thinner would be nice :-)

Thanks Borders Girl,
it makes a lot of sense, but I must have missed where it says about the numbers of characters increasing. At least I have reached 20 now and can add a picture! I found it surprising that I had to go back to 2009 to find a picture that was a head shot rather than a 'small figure in scenery' picture...

Thanks for all the helpful comments,
diet is still going well. I was digging a trench in the garden for draining for the conservatory. I had to stop frequently as I am very unfit compared to the past. Normally I am not hungry on the diet, but I certainly was today.... I suppose 4 hrs physical exercise will do that for you!

I am getting regular 15St 0Lbs on the scales in the mornings now - sorry for not heeding the advice about weekly weighing! I can't wait for 14St anything, it has been 2 years since I have seen that on the scales!

Hope you are all keeping well.

I week to go before a work week in america - but should be some fun too :)

However briefly 14st 13lbs today - Hurray!!!!!

'only 3st 6lbs to go'

Well done! Always good to get into the next stone bracket. I just hit the 11s and one more to go to get to goal :)

Here's the bit about signatures:

When you reach 20 posts you get avatar privileges and a larger signature space and.

When you reach 50 posts, you get even more signature space, and private messaging and emailing is enabled.

fabulous,!!

where abouts in the US are you going for work? i have many many fave american states/cities/countys :)

Well done on your progress so far Graham. How did you get the slim and save badge for your profile? I soooo want one for when I get to 1 stone. :D xx

Thanks Borders Girl,
the info on signatures is clear and It would have taken ages to find it! Well done on the elevens....

Hi Paula,
it's Washington, VA general area - 3 to 4 different places. Monday to Friday and meetings on all days. May get some time for sightseeing/social, but not expecting to this time - works meals and drinks in evenings most probably. The senior members of the team get a bit 'blase' about foreign trips and describe them as 'time out of the office', but I still get a kick about flying and going to different places. I did get to use the metro and visit the washington mall museums/ whitehouse from a distance on a previous trip. Much longer ago, I visited the tacoma/seattle (with the army in a previous life) area and bits of north carolina (very pretty area - visiting a huge furniture exhibition, with a previous wife!).

Abbie,
the signatures are bottom right corner on the s&s site at

Achievement Badges for Forum Signatures

I have recently requested blue ones from customer service to see if the have a sense of humour?

On a general comment - it is a week off diet for me, but trying to be as sensible as possible. I know I'll pay a penalty in terms of some gain - but as I arrive home, it's back on 100%. The desire to get back to a weight I has many years ago and enjoy a better life is so strong.

Well,
I'm back after a week in Washington - mostly work, but did get to see the sculpture park and the air and space Smithsonian on the Washington Mall. In diet terms, i expected a 5lb penalty for not being on diet. I weighed on sunday and got 14 st 13lbs which is 2lbs up on the lowest i've seen - better than expected. Back on 100% on sunday and today.....

best wishes to you all

well done! saved it there and proved that you dont have to gain a stone on a visit to the USA!!

you missed a week of horrendous rain last week in the UK, you are very lucky! x

Well done on it only being 2lbs. You must be due a decent loss this week.

Thanks on all the nice comments :)

The scales seem to be up and down a lot recently..... seeing highs of 15st 1lbs and lows of 14st 5lbs.... which I appreciate you've told me can happen..... but it's a bit confusing. I treat the lowest weight I see on a sunday as the 'real figure'!

It is a bit more reassuring that a belt I bought a couple of weeks ago is now - too large! Also, trousers are loose enough that I might have to try a smaller pair!

Slim and Save have been a gem on customer service and provided BLUE forum badges.......:D

Ha, well done on the BLUE badge (isn't that a disabled parking badge? :)) but maybe you could have got in touch with your feminine side with pink ;).

What the scales say is one thing, but actually feeling the difference, eg your belt and clothes, is very motivational too.

Well - weighed on sunday - 14st 5lbs - in years since I was last this weight....2008 - will update signatures etc later

Well done!

Hi everyone,
It's been a not such good week - I have seen some 14St 10lbs in the week and end the week 2 lbs up on last week. I've certainly hit the boredom/reluctance with the diet this week. Must try to be even more clear cut on the week ahead.

Hiya, I feel your pain as I had a gain of 1 lb this week on the scales although not sure how it was possible!
I find trying on smaller clothes and feeling them getting looser very motivational, especially when the scales aren't being kind!! Keep reminding yourself why you are doing this, keep at it and good luck!!

Back