Gran Canaria

IrishLaura

Silver Member
Hello :D We are heading off to Gran Canaria in July for 2 weeks, anyone been before?

We are staying in Maspalomas, Cordial Green Golf Resort, anyone been before?

I cant wait, I am apprehensive as I have so much weight to loose before I even think about buying holiday clothes :( But with all your support and the support of my beauitful OH and family, I am sure that I can do it :D

We stayed in Maspalomas a couple of years ago but not that hotel. Nice resort, fairly quiet, guests were mainly middle-aged Germans which is good as they tend to be well-behaved and not lager louts. Not too far by taxi to other places and plenty of buses from nearby bus terminal.
You'll have a lovely time and a holiday is a great source of motivation I reckon.

Sounds brilliant :D

Where are you from honey?

sounds nice quite fancy Gran canaria myself

Wow, my geography is crap so I have no idea where in the world that is, but I bet its beautiful!

Wow, my geography is crap so I have no idea where in the world that is, but I bet its beautiful!

Not many people have heard of it! It's a British Territory. Napoleon was exiled here and died here. Pretty place, only 4000 people and 16 degrees south of the Equator so the weather's good. No airport though so getting here away is by ship - bit slow and infrequent but a small price to pay for a nice lifestyle. We're planning to holiday in Mauritius this year - we're not sick of islands yet!!

Its sounds like a beautiful place to spend your life and raise kids!

You are very lucky!

You won't be disappointed in Mauritius, Island Breeze, it is amazing.

Its sounds like a beautiful place to spend your life and raise kids!

You are very lucky!

We're only here on a 3 yr contract then we'll be heading back to the UK - unless hubby can find another overseas posting. It is a great place for kids. My son is an incredibly calm and content child and I do think a lot of that is to do with being raised in such a relaxed and friendly place.

You won't be disappointed in Mauritius, Island Breeze, it is amazing.

Glad to hear that!!. Whereabouts did you go? I'll be recuperating from keyhole surgery so I'm looking to chill out and not do anything too strenuous though as it's only keyhole I should (hopefully) feel fine. Someone said to me today that one side of the island is much nicer than the other?

never been but would like to visit one day for sure

We stayed at the Hilton Resort in Flick en Flac which is on the west coast, amazing sunsets. We hired a car for a few days and went all over the island. It is all beautiful but we love scuba diving and the diving is best on the west coast. Wherever you stay you will love it. It is a reall chill out island.

Sorry for highjacking your post there IrishLaura, getting a bit carried away. Gran Canaria is lovely too and you will have such an amazing time with your family - just think of all those fantastic clothes you will be able to pack.

Pearly, dont worry about it, I was enjoying reading about Maritius.........maybe next year when I am even slimmer lol

Hope you have a great time on Gran Canaria. My kids went with their dad a few years ago and they all loved it there. I'm hoping to go to Greece for 2 weeks in July too. Can't imagine what I will look like then. Hopefully a lot slimmer and healthier. Fingers crossed. Good luck with your weight loss and I'm sure you will love it there.

Back