grapefruit disaster

emma-louise

Silver Member
right everyone... NO LAUGHING :p

i am aware that this probably sounds completely and utterly ridiculous, but what is the easiest (least messy) way to eat a grapefruit? :eek:

my usual method of cutting it in half and spooning out the segments just results in sticky grapefruit juice all over me, my clothes, my hair, the table, my laptop (!!:eek:) etc

its not exactly urgent but i really would like some advice lol

i know im "special"... :8855:

I normally just cut it into quarters, and the quarters into half and just bite it off, and use the skin to hold onto.

If i have them...which is VERY RARE! lol i just eat it like an orange, peel it and eat the segments dipped in sweetner

Hey

This is one of the many reasons fruit bothers me lol it is too messy and too high maintenance

The way i deal with grapefruits is as follows

Cut in half
Take half i want and gently squeeze excess juice out into the sink so less messy
take a small sharp knife and slide around the edge of the segments in a cricle all round the half, then i also cut around the triangles so when i sit down ready to eat with a spoon they pop easily onto my spoon and into my gob

Hope that helps lol

x

eeeee you're all so clever! :worthy:
why didnt i ever think of peeling it?!
i have a half and a whole one in the fridge so im gonna try a nice variety of your suggestions over the next few days ;) i will let you know how i get on hehe!

its obviously not as daft a question as i thought it was... :D

I eat alot of grapefruit normally in bed for some reason:confused: and always get in a mess so I normally lay a towel over the bed spread put the bowl on top and then peel it like an orange. I don't like the white stuff around each segment (what's that called?) so I peel all that off too as I go along.

Looooove grapefruit.

i heart pink grapefruits!!! :) i cut mine in half and spoon it out, it can get messy just have a tissue to hand! :D xxx

Pink grapefruits I peel and eat like an orange. White grapefruits I eat as you said. I ahve got grapefruit spoons which are serated. They are great!

I have half a pink grapefruit every morning and eat it like you do, just spoon out the segments. I do eat it with a tissue in the other hand though. My 2 year old ds laughs at the juice squirting everywhere...

I eat alot of grapefruit normally in bed for some reason:confused: and always get in a mess so I normally lay a towel over the bed spread put the bowl on top and then peel it like an orange. I don't like the white stuff around each segment (what's that called?) so I peel all that off too as I go along.

Looooove grapefruit.

Its pith!!!!!!!! No I don't have a speech impediment - thats the white stuff
:8855: You eating grapefruits in bed!!!!

lol thank you and yes isn't that where most grapefruit eating occurs??:p I don't know how I got into this habit but I take 2 grapefruit up with me when I go to bed most nights and eat them watching TV. The juice goes everywhere but the room smells nice.:D

Back