Grapefruit... How do you eat yours?

i cut it in half and then cut it in half again but dont cut into the skin at the bottom, and then the other way (so it looks like its been cut into 4 bits but its all still attatched) and then cut all around the inside in a circle, then they come out like little triangles :) and then pour the juice from the skin into the bowl xxx

what does grapefruit taste like?? iv never tried one because i just assume they're bitter.

Quite bitter, so I always sweeten mine. I do like it though. Try it, theyre only 35p in tesco! I like red ones.

I eat about 2 a year and it just so happens I have one just waiting to be sliced and eaten!!! Might try it tomorrow with some sweetener.... I'll try the chef-y thing as well! :)

I wish I could eat Grapefruit! I am on Statin medication for cholesterol and it is recommended not to eat it!!!

I love pink grapefruit though I always make a right mess eating it!! I cut it in half then cut the segments away from the skin inside and usually it just peels away nicely... Though sometimes it just shoots out all over the place!! Good luck and enjoy xxx :)

Woodland girl said:
First time I massacred it and had nothing left to eat! Lol

Now I use a large serrated bread knife, saw off all the skin and then cut up segments and add to my yog. Then I carefully pour the escaped juice off the bread board into my bowl. Spill some on the floor and say bollocks. Every morning!!

Lol! That just made me giggle x x

I've just had a grapefruit for breakfast. On a plate cut it in half, cut around the peel (segment side) then cut the flesh into small squares and ate with a teaspoon. Juice comes out but then I slurp the juice from the plate (piggy!)

So do you just eat them alone, as in the same way as you would an orange for example? On it's own?
I don't like grapefruit juice as I always find it very bitter. Not tried a fresh one though!
And also, is it really filling enough to eat as a breakfast? I have my doubts? Depends on how hungry you are I suppose!!!

I have it as the second course for most of my breakfasts! I am a starvo though, and just 1 breakfast course would not fill me up! LOL

Not so keen on the normal grapefruit, I like the pink one's as they don't need sweetner. Just have the grapefruit, nothing else, but then I don't like eating breakfast, as I'm always starving after I've eaten, and feel the same way all day long.

Silly question but is pink grapefruit a super free food?

Yep. And superspeed!

Love, love, love the red grapefruit. Have two every morning, then a bowl of strawberries with ff yoghurt on top. I cut them in two, then cut round each triangle segment all the way round, then cut round the thick outer skin, then dive in, squirt it everywhere, clean the floor, and start again with the second one. Every morning without fail I do this, but they are so sweet and juicy, the red ones are gorgeous, and super speed too. Mmm could eat one now!

I love grapefruits too, get them from the farm shop, nice and big and firm and juicy and scrumptious!! :D

I have one every morning as long as I remember to prepare them the night before..........cut in half, scoop the segments out with a teaspoon into a dish, sprinkle with Splenda and cover, lovely in the morning.

Very juicy and delish!

I love grapefruit but don't tend to buy them too often. But I did buy one tonight. To prepare I cut it in halve, then with a knife cut around each segment & eat with a spoon.

But tonight I was thinking of mixing the juice with some quark, leaving it to marinate for a while then pouring over the grapefruit & wanted to have it with another fruit, but didn't think what I had in would go. I've got, apples, pears, bannanas & frozen berries:confused:

Because I can't decide I'm going to have it for breakfast with quark but without other fruit.;)

BTW I had a banana as my snack instead:D

Back