Graph or Spreadsheet

I just downloaded this - its absolutely brilliant! I tried to make one myself but it only had to columns in - bit pathetic compared to this!!

It is really good isnt it..... Ive been using it for 40 weeks now! 4 more lbs to go and I'm at target weight! Woohoo

Hi all;

I have a new version that is almost ready to be released onto an unsuspecting public!!!

I have added a few things that have been asked for:
  1. There is an extra sheet that allows you to enter upto six measurements and it will graph them all on the same chart. Note that this is just a starting point for this facility as this is not something I ever wanted to do, so I have just cobbled something together so it may take a few iterations to get it working as you would want it, but it is a start.
  2. I have added a BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) calculator into the first sheet that, based on your gender, height, weight and age, works out an estimated BMR - the number of calories that your body needs to maintain its current weight "at rest" - i.e. doing nothing at all. We all tend to need more calories than this during the day just to move about, but your BMR is crucial when working out your calorie intake, calorie defecit etc.
  3. I have added additional graphs onto the front sheet that show your decreasing BMI and your decreasing BMR. One thing that a lot of people forget is that as we get lighter we need less calories ..... this graph reinforces the idea.
Once I have completed all of the tweaks and am sure that they are working okay, I will release - hopefully tonight, but if not probably tomorrow.

Brilliant!:bliss:

I will deffinately have this one. I've been using your original spreadsheet for the past 40 weeks and it really has helped me to get through. Especially when I've been a bit naughty as you can actually see on the chart the backward step you've taken - it also makes you realise how far you've come.

I love the idea of the inch loss part. I think I suggested this several months ago. I'm sure it will really help people.

So thank you so much - your so clever with this stuff.

I will be relying on you to get the new part sorted out. I do not think it is as tidy as the original sheet, but then I suppose what it is doing is pretty limited.

If you try it for a while and then we will work on changes/refinements to it.

I found a coulpe of "glitches" last night, so I will post as soon as I have them sorted.

Steve

Okay - here we go. I hope I have sorted out all of the wrinkles. Unfortunately I still have the one where the graphs seem to just fall off the end of the planet when it is plotting for a range that is only partially filled with data. The only way I have found so far is to change the range plotted by the chart. If anyone really wants to know how to do that, I can explain it :)

So, this version:
  • Splits the graphs from the front sheet onto their own sheets. The front page was getting too huge, so I have split it so that the figures are on a page on their own, and each graph has a page of its own. There are a number of sheets now:
    • Weight Loss Record
    • Weight Loss Chart
    • BMI Chart (New)
    • BMR Chart (New)
    • Measurements Record (New)
    • Measurements Chart (New)
  • The BMR calculation has seen the need for an additional field to be added to the front sheet, Date Of Birth. The spreadsheet uses this to work out your age. Naturally the field validates that you are putting in a valid date .... but does not enforce a sensible date. I do not know what it will do if you enter 01-Jan-2011 for example. :)
  • The BMR calculation is only an estimate based on a formula that I found. It is (allegedly) one of the better ones, though it does not take account of "Lean Body Mass" and its capability of burning extra calories. So, remember, this is only a guesstimate:)
  • All the sheets are protected as before, but only to prevent mishaps. You can just unprotect as before.
  • The measurements sheet is a first attempt. Please send me feedback (either here or via PM) if you want things changed, added, etc etc. Just the way you all did for the different evolutions of the main sheet.
The new sheet is in the attachment. Hope you like it!!

Steve

Attachments

• Weight_Record.zip
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,726
Cheers Steve,
Have just downloaded it but am off to my bed now and will fill it all in tomorrow and give you feedback. It looks absolutley brilliant. Its true the page was getting rather long lol

Just downloaded it, looks great - Thank you :)

Amazing as usual. Thanks Steve.

Thanks Steve!

Hi Steve,

I am new to this site and would like to thank you so much fo that excel weight record sheet. I am in ketosis and restarting on CD today.

The spreadsheet lets you keep a track of yourself as well as seeing the results of your weight loss (if you are being good) are there to see in a clear, easy to read format.

Again thanks

Thank you Steve. Much much much much better than writing down the numbers and bad maths regarding calculating what's been lost!

Hi Steve,
I am new to this forum and the CD! I have downloaded the Open Office Software as suggested but am not sure how to get your file accross to it. Are you able to help please?

Cheers.

Back