Graph or Spreadsheet

All;

I have an updated version of the spreadsheet that I was about to post, but in my final testing I spotted an issue that needs to be sorted first. When posted this version will address:
  • Day/Week mode. There is a new drop-down field near the start date that controls whether the sheet is in Day or Week mode. Just added this to see if it could be done really. I, personally, cannot see why anyone would want to weigh themselves every day, but each to their own. You can change this setting on the fly in the spreadsheet and it will adjust all labels, dates etc. Please note, though, that it DOES NOT adjust any of the weights entered, so if you have entered daily weights they will be treated as weekly weights if you change and vice-versa.
  • I have added a gender field and a waist-measurement column that are used together to work out an estimated Body Fat %age using the formula given by Patrick Holford in his GL Diet book
  • I have merged the two columns that spanned the Estimated Completion Date (quie why it spanned in the first place I do not know), and have stretched the field width to avoid people having to do this themselves.
  • I have also made a number of tweaks to the formulae behind the sheet so that the spreadsheet works with Sun's OpenOffice software (that can read/write Microsoft Office files, and looks just like MS Office ...... but it utterly and completely free!!!), so anyone who wants to use this but cannot as they do not have Microsoft Excel can do so by downloading and installing OpenOffice and using OpenOffice.Org 2.3's "Calc" component.
I will post this soon when I have fixed the little "feature" that I have just found.

Well guys, here is the latest and greatest. It has all the features mentioned in my last post. As far as I can tell the spreadsheets now works equally well with Microsoft Excel and OpenOffice Calc, so those of you who wanted to use it but did not have Excel, give it a go now. BTW, you can get OpenOffice from OpenOffice Suite. You can either get the whole suite, or just Calc - your choice. Best thing is, the entre suite is FREE!!!! What a deal is that?

Anyway - here is the latest version. I am still working on adding an extra sheet for managing measurements ......

Attachments

• Weight_Record.zip
    18.5 KB · Views: 297
Steve,

Thank you for a fantastic spreadsheet!!! I have just started to use it and think that its great to see figures and charts changing in front of my eyes!! Genius!!!

Kerry-Ann

A quick question before I start thinking about coding this. I have received an email request for this spreadsheet, apart from everything else it does, to allow switching between entry in Stones/Pounds to entry in Kilograms (and vice versa). Apparently some CDC's weigh in kilo's ......

Anyway, as a large proportion of the formulae in the spreadsheet work around the fact that a certain column holds the weight in pounds, making this change is not going to be trivial. However, if there is a general requirement for this to be done, then I will do it as the sheet needs to be easy to use to be useful.

Let me know, and if there are a few of you who want this then I will get my brain working on it.

S

I do not have Excel and when I click on the link, I just get a notepad page with lots of letters, numbers, and symbols!!! Am I doing something wrong!!!????

Thanks Sian XXX

... when you click on which link? THe one for the spreadsheet, or the one for Open Office?? If the latter, then just do a search for "Open Office" in Google or some other search engine and download and install the free version available over the net.

S

I think I may have just twigged what you mean. I think, and correct me if I am wrong, that you have downloaded the spreadsheet and are trying to open it without a suitable application that "understands" what the file is - either Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Calc. All you need to do is download OpenOffice and away you go.

If I am wrong, then give a few more details and I will try to help properly!

S

Hi Steve, I use your spreadsheet it's brill - but i'm nearly at week 30 what do i do then?

OMG just come across this, this is amazing, would never of thought of doing it this way! thanks alot!! really quite impressed with it !!!

Hi Steve

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the spreadsheet. I had created one similar although not quite as all-singing all-dancing.

You're a star!

KrazyKaz;

All you need to do is to unprotect the sheet and insert additional lines to enter values into. There are replies (both from myself and from others) back in this stream about the steps to take to do this. If you cannot find them let me know and I will post again - it is easy-peasy honest!

At some point I might even add a command button to do this for you ..... you never know!

S

Hi Steve

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the spreadsheet. I had one that I was using but it was nowhere near as good as this.

So glad I found it.

Thanks a lot. x :D

Hey Steve , great spreadsheet. Although mine is not populating? I'm using excel 2003. And a friend is using a Mac and has the same problem any ideas?

Sorry for the slow reply guys - I don't get into here as much as I would like/want anymore - just too busy. I may have to be in here a lot soon as with all the dashing about I have lapsed into some of my old habits and started eating things I shouldn't really and some weight has crept back on :(. Anyway - that is easily sorted (I hope :))

To answer your questions. When you say "non-populating", I assume you mean that none of the fields are auto-filling as you enter the values. This sounds to me like either all of the formulae have been lost, or the recalculation processing is being blocked. If you have a correctversion of the spreadsheet, then it should work fine. If you mean that only certain "rows" do not populate, then that sounds like when additional rows have been inserted, it was not done correctly meaning that the required formulae were not copied down into the new cells. If you mean that the rows are populating okay but the graph is not following along, that sounds to me like the graph data linkages are not correctly mapped to the spreadsheet (possibly due to added rows etc).

As to the version running on a Mac - I'm afraid that I cannot really help there. I have never used a Mac ...... sorry!

Steve

Sorry for the slow reply guys - I don't get into here as much as I would like/want anymore - just too busy. I may have to be in here a lot soon as with all the dashing about I have lapsed into some of my old habits and started eating things I shouldn't really and some weight has crept back on :(. Anyway - that is easily sorted (I hope :))

To answer your questions. When you say "non-populating", I assume you mean that none of the fields are auto-filling as you enter the values. This sounds to me like either all of the formulae have been lost, or the recalculation processing is being blocked. If you have a correctversion of the spreadsheet, then it should work fine. If you mean that only certain "rows" do not populate, then that sounds like when additional rows have been inserted, it was not done correctly meaning that the required formulae were not copied down into the new cells. If you mean that the rows are populating okay but the graph is not following along, that sounds to me like the graph data linkages are not correctly mapped to the spreadsheet (possibly due to added rows etc).

As to the version running on a Mac - I'm afraid that I cannot really help there. I have never used a Mac ...... sorry!

Steve

N problem, it is now working fine on my pc! I think the work PC just didn't like it... Thanks again it's a great spreadsheet

Thanks for a great tool!:)

Back