Gravy??

mrsmac247

Hi all, whilst reading another post it brought up a question i have been longing to ask lol

I really resent having to use my syns for gravy especially when i meausre 4 tablespoons :sigh: so was wondering how do all make yours? do you use the syns or do you find another way?

TBH I go without. I'm not bothered about it.
Do you use all your syns a day normally? Can you not spare a few for gravy if you like it? It may be worth it for you, I can't think of a syn free way to make it unless you do what I read on another post and make it with a stock cube but it's runny.

I use my syns for gravy...helps the food go down! (gastric band). Tesco's gravy granules 100ml is only 2 syns and delicious.

That is what i was thinking and then i thought it might be too runny, i am a little mean with my syns lol and would just rather not get out the tablespoon at most dinnertimes and then be annoyed becauase my food is dry (we eat alot of gravy in our house!!) lol

Oh there is a difference with the syn values? i am confused in my directory it says that 4 tablespoons is 2 sysns i believe. Does it make a difference what brand then?

i use gravy for roasts coz there's no way i want it without. The only way you can avoid syns is if you use an oxo cube and that would be free...but watery!

Oh there is a difference with the syn values? i am confused in my directory it says that 4 tablespoons is 2 sysns i believe. Does it make a difference what brand then?

It means 4 tablespoons of made up gravy, and i think that's if you add the meat fat! I use bisto best and they are 1 syn per teaspoon of granules and 3 t-spoons makes between quarter and half a pint depending how thick i have it.

My Mum makes gravy with the juices of meat, flour, potato or veg water, gravy browning and an oxo cube and counts 6tbsp as 6 syns. I dont know how accurate this is, but she has a roast every Sunday and is loosing weight.

I think i would need to just save syns - have to have gravy especially with a yorkshire... which reminds me! Aunt Bessy has just brought out mini puds (so tiny) i havent worked out the syns yet, but they are about 1/3 of the size of the standard bessies....

thanks everyone, the problem is we have gravy with most of our meals and also use meat juices sometimes to flavour. Just wondered if there was another way lol a similar diet i done a little while ago didnt syn the gravy which was a bonus:)

i did read a previous poster who suggested thickening with potatoe granuels might try that

I use my syns for gravy too - although I only have a little gravy maybe twice a week.

You could blend cauliflower, oxo/bovril stock, salt & pepper - add a little hot water to thin it down, that makes syn free gravy - but I look at the trouble of all that kerfuffle and just use my syns and gravy granules....

I have to have gravy with my meals and use bisto granuals but syn it, on an EE day its the only part of the meal that is syned so I think its worth it, cann't stand dry dinners.

Back