Great article in The Guardian & BBC doc

Excellent - thanks!

Thanks for putting the link up the article is very interesting, and actually makes you think about not only what am I eating but what i'm giving my children, but is there an alternative? can't wait to see the programme x

What a great article. Looking forward to the programme.

Can't believe this comment -

"One researcher told me that, ultimately, perhaps nothing needs to be done about obesity, as obese people will wipe themselves out."

Yeah, thanks a bundle for that.

Thanks so much for posting - except I'm now walking round my flat shouting at the stupidity of "experts" and lobbyists, who earn loads of dosh with no thought of the impact of their actions. Fume!

It's potentially true - if people who are vulnerable to sugar addiction and to building high fat supplies quickly have reproductive issues - men as detailed, women hormonal, then eventually we'd be left with only the descendants of the people with a natural resistance to insulin problems or to storing fat. But it would take a very long time, during which it's possible that there would be a famine which would pick off those people while the fat storers thrived (there has been far more famine than abundance in human history, hence our genetic tendency leaning towards easy fat storage).

So, potentially true but rather stupid in any short term context and an unhelpful remark in general.

Interesting article though!

The alternative to eating processed, treated foods with hidden junk in them is to eat natural unprocessed food - which is often what Atkins is although even pieces of meat can have hidden things in them these days. Strange to think it's all happened in such a short timeframe.

I found the programme fascinating, in fact so much so that I have"kept" it on my Sky+ box to watch again. Lovely to see my hero Gary Taubes on there. Everything that was said made so much sense! Can't wait for this week's episode, got the recorder set already.

Back