Great tip if...

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Malinky, 15 November 2006 Social URL.

1. Malinky

Malinky Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.38%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    ...you have to do the shopping in your house (like me!). I was doing the weekly drag round the supermarket last night and was getting very tempted by all the food, to the point where I was driving my OH mad with all my moaning. He dumped our trolley (we did go back for it later!), went and got a hand basket and loaded 32 1kg bags of sugar into it, he then told me to pick it up - I couldn't even carry it to the end of the aisle!
    He then said - "Well, that's how much weight you've lost since you've been doing this diet, don't go and jack it all in just because you're having a craving!"
    It definitely did the trick, and it feels great actually physically seeing what you've achieved. I'd advise everyone to go and try it - after all p'haps if we all did it I wouldn't have got quite so many strange looks in Tesco last night!:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gill-cdthing

Gill-cdthing Gone, but who cares huh

i can just see me in tesco trying to get those bags of sugar in a basket lol what a star your man is to think of that,

4. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    Wow, what a clever thing to think of. Think I will give that a go just out of curiosity !

5. Avril

Avril Avril

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've got 15 1 x kg bags of sugar on the shelf in my office, (for the staffs tea and coffee) just picked it up and almost dropped it, it's so heavy!! Talk about inspiration, I was sitting here with the Chatterbox going like mad, she's gone back to sleep now!!
    Avril
    X

6. gaijingirl

gaijingirl has lying hips

Diet:
    LL
    How sweet is your man????

BTW.. have you thought of doing your shopping online and then having it delivered? You might feel like taking a chunk out of the computer whilst doing it, but I believe that PCs are LL friendly! :)

My counsellor has a set of weights which she makes us pick up periodically to remind us how much weight we've lost - great idea, as well as actually quite scary to think we'd been carrying that on our bodies.... :eek:

7. Geri

Geri Gold Member

hiya,
    just read this thread, read it out to my daughter, she said ' wow what a cool man!'

was funny picturing him marching off to get the basket in a rage and then loading it up with sugar hahahahha

Keep shaking girlie! :p

8. kati

kati Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Thats a great idea to try. I did it with washing powder (less noticeable as being unusual lol) but I haven't lost nearly as much as you did. That was very quick thinking of your bloke to come up with the idea right there and then

9. Malinky

Malinky Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.38%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I have to say that OH is being very supportive and I couldn't have done it without his help - when we were shopping this week though he did comment that he wasn't going to embarrass himself again this week and if I wanted another "sugar update" I'd have to do the shopping on my own! Looks like Gaijingirl might be right and Internet Shopping could be the way forward (...but then I might start missing my weekly weightlifting session...)

10. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Definitely internet shopping, and I think you owe your man a 'thank you' cos that was way cool!! ;) :cool:

11. Kath

Kath Water water everywhere

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    That is fantastic! Well done on your loss and what a fab idea of your fella :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.