Great tip if...

Malinky

...you have to do the shopping in your house (like me!). I was doing the weekly drag round the supermarket last night and was getting very tempted by all the food, to the point where I was driving my OH mad with all my moaning. He dumped our trolley (we did go back for it later!), went and got a hand basket and loaded 32 1kg bags of sugar into it, he then told me to pick it up - I couldn't even carry it to the end of the aisle!
He then said - "Well, that's how much weight you've lost since you've been doing this diet, don't go and jack it all in just because you're having a craving!"
It definitely did the trick, and it feels great actually physically seeing what you've achieved. I'd advise everyone to go and try it - after all p'haps if we all did it I wouldn't have got quite so many strange looks in Tesco last night!:)

Wow, what a clever thing to think of. Think I will give that a go just out of curiosity !

I've got 15 1 x kg bags of sugar on the shelf in my office, (for the staffs tea and coffee) just picked it up and almost dropped it, it's so heavy!! Talk about inspiration, I was sitting here with the Chatterbox going like mad, she's gone back to sleep now!!
Avril
X

How sweet is your man????

BTW.. have you thought of doing your shopping online and then having it delivered? You might feel like taking a chunk out of the computer whilst doing it, but I believe that PCs are LL friendly! :)

My counsellor has a set of weights which she makes us pick up periodically to remind us how much weight we've lost - great idea, as well as actually quite scary to think we'd been carrying that on our bodies.... :eek:

hiya,
just read this thread, read it out to my daughter, she said ' wow what a cool man!'

was funny picturing him marching off to get the basket in a rage and then loading it up with sugar hahahahha

Keep shaking girlie! :p

Thats a great idea to try. I did it with washing powder (less noticeable as being unusual lol) but I haven't lost nearly as much as you did. That was very quick thinking of your bloke to come up with the idea right there and then

I have to say that OH is being very supportive and I couldn't have done it without his help - when we were shopping this week though he did comment that he wasn't going to embarrass himself again this week and if I wanted another "sugar update" I'd have to do the shopping on my own! Looks like Gaijingirl might be right and Internet Shopping could be the way forward (...but then I might start missing my weekly weightlifting session...)

...you have to do the shopping in your house (like me!). I was doing the weekly drag round the supermarket last night and was getting very tempted by all the food, to the point where I was driving my OH mad with all my moaning. He dumped our trolley (we did go back for it later!), went and got a hand basket and loaded 32 1kg bags of sugar into it, he then told me to pick it up - I couldn't even carry it to the end of the aisle!
He then said - "Well, that's how much weight you've lost since you've been doing this diet, don't go and jack it all in just because you're having a craving!"
It definitely did the trick, and it feels great actually physically seeing what you've achieved. I'd advise everyone to go and try it - after all p'haps if we all did it I wouldn't have got quite so many strange looks in Tesco last night!:)

That is fantastic! Well done on your loss and what a fab idea of your fella :)

Back